Sorry

Constellations

 

 

 

Chanyeol tried his best not to snap and let out all the summed up feelings he have felt for a long time. But the frustrations, lack of sleep and the built up feelings of hurt, depression and pain were all too much for him to bear.

 

That’s why he wanted baekhyun to leave him alone before he could let out all the things building inside him. He wanted to be professional and set aside the personal matters he had, He said to himself that he wouldn’t be affected anymore.

 

But when Baekhyun was being persistent and never leaving him even though he told him to, he just snapped.

 

All those frustrated feelings he tried his best to bury in the deepest part of him, He let it all out.

 

“Chanyeol, please.” Baekhyun pleaded. And it hurts Chanyeol to see him like that. They are both lacking in sleep, they are both tired, why can’t Baekhyun let it go, and leave him alone? Is that too much to ask for?

 

“Mr. Byun, please” He responded with same persistence but with cold emotionless voice. He needs t be professional, he shouldn’t burst out the same he did a while ago. It was just a spur of the moment. He facepalmed himself inside his head. Be Professional Chanyeol.  “Leave me alone. Get out. We don’t have anymore business to deal with each other today. Come back tomorrow Architect”

 

“No, Chanyeol. I won’t leave until you hear me out. I accept every treatment you have given me, I deserve it because I hurt you, I understand” Baekhyun replied, tears still leaving his tired red eyes, he didn’t care. He just wants his ex lover to forgive him, he doesn’t care if he looks stupid, or pitiful. What matters to him is Chanyeol. It was just too much to handle anymore this kind of treatment from him when all he just wanted was to be forgiven. “But don’t treat me as if I’m a nobody.”

 

Chanyeol tried to ignore Baekhyun, he doesn’t want to respond, because if he does, he may burst out again, and this time he may not be able to stop. He may tell everything that was inside his heart for a long time. The hurt he have endured. The pain, he have felt. The thoughts he had before.

 

“If you don’t want to leave. Then I’ll leave” he stated and heads towards the door. But he was only midway towards the door when he felt arms holding him tightly, as if securely sending him the messages of love and concern that he was so used to before but was too foreign to his cold stature now.

 

“I’m really sorry Chanyeol. I know what I did was wrong and unforgiveable” he sobs, Chanyeol can feel his clothes getting wet by the smaller’s tears.  “But I just want you to hear me out.”

 

 He can feel Baekhyun’s body shaking weakly. He’s exhausted, but he’s trying his best to be strong and determined to the taller. He doesn’t want to give up. He just can’t.

 

Chanyeol tried his best not to turn around and hug the smaller. He knows deep within himself, all he ever wanted was to be with Baekhyun again, to be happy again, a feeling he have long forgotten. But after all the things he went through. He doesn’t know how to accept those feelings anymore.

 

That is why he have changed to someone he doesn’t even know.

 

He was already drowned to depression and pain that he forgot how to smile and be genuinely happy.

 

He forgot to Love.

 

There’s already a crack in his heart that made him numb and emotionless.

 

“Why can’t you just leave me alone Baekhyun?” he softly said “I’m tired, I’m exhausted.” He then turned around to look at the smaller. “Isn’t it obvious already? I can’t just accept you with my life. Even if I want to, I don’t know if I can, I don’t know if I can still endure it.”

 

He then placed Baekhyun’s right hand in his chest. “This thing right here, I don’t know if it still exists, and if it still can feel something anymore. It’s already broken into a million pieces” he smiled a sad smile that stabbed Baekhyun’s heart, Pain is evident in Chanyeol’s face. “But the sad thing about this is no matter how broken it is, it only knows you.”

 

A tear fell from the taller’s eyes. “So please do me a favour and don’t disturb it anymore.”

 

After that, Baekhyun didn’t realize that he was standing in the room, his cheeks wet from tears and his eyes and nose emitting a red color. He didn’t know how long he was standing there alone. But he knew his heart is breaking into a million pieces.

 

He didn’t even realize when the door opens and revealed two figures.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

 

---

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin was heading towards Chanyeol’s office since Seohyun said that her boss is inside his office the whole morning. Once they have entered the said place, they were expecting their friend to have his head facing his laptop and a million papers scattered in his table, it was the usual scene they would grasp their friend in. But what they saw there was unexpected.

 

Someone standing there, someone they thought they would never saw again in their lives. It was someone from the past.

 

“Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo said, trying to get the attention of the person staring blankly, as if his mind is wandering somewhere out there.

 

“That Bastard?” Jongin stated angrily. Kyungsoo noticed the state that Baekhyun was in, his clothes are crumpled, his face is wet, obviously from tears, because his eyes and nose are as red as a tomato and his lips are shivering as if he is a child who cried nonstop for a piece of lollipop.

 

Kyungsoo immediately tried to stop Jongin from approaching Baekhyun. “Wait” he softly said to the taller.

 

Kyungsoo walked towards Baekhyun and made him look at him. “Baekhyun, why are you here?” he softly said. “And why are you crying?”

 

‘here comes Kyungsoo and his motherly caring instinct’ Jongin thought and facepalmed himself for having such a nice friend.

 

When Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo and came back to his right mind, the tears in his eyes became more visible and dropped faster than before. The emotions building up in his heart just wanted to let out. Without thinking, He hugged Kyungsoo really tight.

 

“Heyy!” Jongin was shocked, as well as Kyungsoo, but the latter was not as childish as the former. Kyungsoo tried to return the hug in a comforting manner. Even though Baekhyun have hurt Chanyeol, Baekhyun was still a friend from the past.

 

“He won’t forgive me Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun sobbed in Kyungsoo’s shirt.

 

“Of course he wouldn’t, after what you did to him” Jongin answered at the side, and Kyungsoo smack the younger.

 

“It’s okay, Let it all out.” He tried to calm Baekhyun who still keeps on sobbing. “What happened?”

 

 

After Kyungsoo’s so many trials to calm Baekhyun, he succeeded and was able to make the architect to sit down on one of Chanyeol’s bench. It’s a good thing Seohyun hasn’t come inside the office room and see them like this. But he wonders where did Chanyeol go to? After hearing Baekhyun’s story of what happened he figured Chanyeol must have went to a place to keep his mind at peace. He knows how much Baekhyun affects his friend.

 

He was his first love after all. And first heartbreak as well.

 

“Finally you calmed down” He handed a glass of water to Baekhyun which he ordered Jongin to took for him.

 

“I just wanted him to forgive me.” The other softly said.

 

“I know” Kyungsoo softly smiled at him. It is obvious how much Baekhyun regrets what he did in the past and how much Chanyeol means to him. He was somewhat happy to know that Chanyeol isn’t the only one affected in this whatever Baekhyun and Chanyeol have. “But understand him for now that it’s hard to give that forgiveness to you Baekhyun.”

 

“What you really did to him that time is so unjustifiable Baekhyun. You didn’t just broke his heart. You broke his trust, his beliefs in love and worst is his beliefs in his self” Kyungsoo said, and that made a big thug in Baekhyun’s heart.

 

“I’m sorry..” Baekhyun softly mumbled. Kyungsoo reached out to his hand to squeeze it, a sign of comfort.

 

“Sometimes sorry isn’t enough to heal a broken heart, Baekhyun” Kyungsoo sadly told him.

 

Jongin went in front of Baekhyun and the latter looked up to him. “You know at that time, I was so angry at you, I wanted to punch you, I wanted to atleast make you feel the pain you brought to my friend, but I stopped myself, because I realized that that would also hurt Chanyeol too.” Jongin clenched his fist remembering those times Chanyeol looking so pale and lifeless. As if living isn’t an option anymore in his life. “You were his first love idiot, his first bestfriend, the person he thought would never leave him, would never betray him. He trusted you. His life revolves around you. You’re the reason why everything makes sense to him. You’re his foundation of everything. You’re his everything.”

 

Anger now evident in the tan man’s voice. He just couldn’t take it anymore, the thought of everything his friend went through.

 

“if you weren’t happy with your relationship with him, you just atleast tell him what’s the matter, or atleast break up with him properly”

 

Baekhyun felt the heaviness of everyone’s feelings. Not only did he hurt Chanyeol, but also the other people around them.  And a piece of tear left his eye again.

 

 

---

 

Chanyeol had too much of everything, what happened inside his office with Baekhyun was just too much for him to handle.

 

He just wanted to rest his mind from thinking, and his heart from feeling those heavy emotions build up that’s why he just wanted to go home, forget his problems and think about the project some other time.

 

He just wanted to forget Baekhyun for now.

 

He was in front of his apartment door when he noticed there are more than 20 messages in his phone. Some from Kyungsoo and some from Jongin.

 

They are asking where he is, There are also messages that says they would visit him in the office, bringing him breakfast. There are also Kyungsoo asking him if he’s tired or if he took care of himself or anything.

 

‘such a naggy mother’ Chanyeol sighed. But then it hit him that Baekhyun was in his office, and if the two would really visit him there.

 

 

‘Oh God’

 

---

Double update. yey.