Moved on

Constellations

 

                             

 

 

Chanyeol was staring at the person in front of him, speaking mindless bluff continuously. His mind voices to him to stand up and just leave since it’s obvious he won’t be able to tell to the other person a simple “excuse me, I need to go” for it won’t stop talking. But his guilt is stopping him from doing so.

 

He thought Why did he need to attend this rubbish set-up his friends made for him in the first place.

 

 

 “You need to take a break” his friend, Kyungsoo said. They were in Chanyeol’s kitchen, the former cooking up their dinner. He lives alone in an apartment and his friends are nevertheless always allowed to visit him anytime they want and now is one of those times.

 

“Yep, Kyung’s right Yeol” Jongin who is leaning on the kitchen’s door frame, agreed “You need to take a little break, Meet someone, Make out, Play Hard” a little laugh in his voice.

 

Kyungsoo glared a little at the youngest person at the room then go back to focus on his giant friend “You’ve been drowning yourself to work so much lately”

 

Chanyeol took an apple from his fridge and just shrugged. He knows he won’t be able to win an argument with one of his bestfriends “Okay, I’ll go to that blind date you set me up with” he bites off from the apple “but this will be the last one.”

 

And that’s what made him go to this ecstatic, sarcastically speaking, date.

 

He sighed. He just have such crazy friends and he’s crazier for agreeing with them.

 

Park Chanyeol. 22 years old. Engineer. It’s not like he’s lonely and looking for a lifelong partner, his so-called friends are just hopeless romantics. He just doesn’t have the time and the mood to think for trivial stuffs such as what they called “Love.” For him it will only sting you in the heart then delivers it to the . In short, it’s only a pain in the .

 

It’s not that he hates the idea of romance and attraction, he just isn’t that type of person. Maybe to others it will be applicable, but not for him.

 

 

Not anymore.
 

 

---

 

He had a long night that night, After that crazy date, he drove to his way back to his apartment. He knew things like that won’t work out for him no matter how many times he even try. It’s not just his thing.

 

 And another meaningless, time consuming set-up.

 

---

 

 

“What happened to your date?” Kyungsoo asked once he entered his friend’s Living room.

 

“You two really don’t stay in your own houses do you?” The owner of the house stayed focus on moving the channel from one to aother, ain’t even bothering to look at his friends who barged in his house.

 

“He’s asking you about the date man” jongin sat beside the giant sitting on the couch “if you don’t want to hear him nag, answer him”

 

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo glared at Jongin then at Chanyeol. “And you? Seriously? What happened?”

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re acting like a psychotic umma again” the latter finally took his sight from the television and onto his nagging friend “you’re my friend and I love you but plaease stop making impulsive decisions about my lovelife”

 

“that’s the point Chanyeol, you don’t have thing such as  lovelife, emphasis on the word ‘lovelife’”

 

Chanyeol pffft. “you know why.”

 

 

Kyungsoo’s voice a little softer than before and went in front of his friend “that’s why I’m setting you up with other people” he rested his hand atop of Chanyeol’s giving out comfort “I want you to move on and meet someone new. We all know you deserve it” Jongin nods.

 

“I’ve moved on from that” Chanyeol quickly answered “I just don’t want to make the same mistakes like before.”

 

“Love like that takes a lot longer to be forgotten” Jongin said “At the age of 5 you already loved him, at the age of ten, you realized you loved im, at the age of 15 you finally achieved the title of being his boyfriend.”

 

“and at the age of 18, we’re done.” He argued and stood beside the doorframe. sighing “I’m 22 now, it’s been four years. I’ve moved on”

 

Silence.  The two boys looked at the backside of their tallest friend then looked at each other with concern. Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

 

“Okay Chanyeol, if you say so, you moved on.”

 

 

But there was doubts still lingers in their head, especially in Chanyeol's heart.