Knowing The Truth

Just Be A Best Friend

Sungmin's POV

I was surprised to hear his words. I closed my mouth and trying to hold back my tears. Siwon oppa hugged me very tightly and whispering words that can make me calm. After several minutes passed, I removed myself from his arms.

"Are you okay?" he asked.
"Eum .... Let's go down, oppa ... I'm very hungry" I said and jogged down the stairs.

"Can you not run like that, Minnie? It's very dangerous ..... unnie did not want to see you fall, okay ????" unnie Hyukkie command.
"Ah, well ..... Mianhe, unnie ...." I said, regret plastered on my face.

"Hi, Min .... Late as usual?? You really are a very heavy sleeper ...." Kyuhyun teased.

I snickered when I heard the words. I tried to forget his words to Hyukkie unnie earlier.
"YAH !!!!! I'm not a heavy sleeper, you know ????" I argued.
"Okay, you're not a heavy sleeper .... But you are a hibernation bear when you're sleeping" he teased once again and ran away from me.
"YAH!! Cho Kyuhyun!! Watch out when you caught me" I said, chasing him around the kitchen and dining room.

"Minnie, do not be running around like that. Your condition is still not stable" said Siwon oppa warned.
I heard his words but I ignored it and keep it running after Kyuhyun. I almost caught him when I felt my chest and I was getting hard to breathe. My God, the pain came back. No, not in front of Kyuhyun. I groaned softly and eventually fell to the floor

"Min, what's wrong????Are you alright?" asked him.

How can I be assured him that I'm okay? The pain that attacked me stronger and made me even more difficult to breathe. I tightened my chest and began to cry.

"Min, you're okay?" asked Hyukkie unnie who knelt beside me
"It hurts, unnie .... It hurt like hell. I can't breathe," I said breathlessly.

Seeing my breath getting heavier, Hyukkie unnie shouted at Siwon oppa.
"Quick grab a car. We take her to the hospital right now".
After Siwon oppa run to take the car, Kyuhyun Hyukkie unnie and said,
"Can you hold her for a while and bring her to the car? I have to get something".

"Leave her to me, noona...." said Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun immediately took me to the car saying anything that can make me calm.
"Hey ... You'll be fine. Do not cry anymore. I really hate to see you cry. Please hold on a minute. We will soon arrive at the hospital"

I tried to smile but he seemed to realize that it can not make me calm. Then, he said again
"When you're healthy, we'll go to the theme park. Then you can ask me anything. I'll buy you your favorite foods. I'll grant all your request.Besids that, I will bring a white rose for you everyday. I bring them earlier too and leave it in the diningroom. So, you must calm right now. Please hold on....."

"Really, Kyunnie??? Promise?"

"I promise, Min .... I promise"
I smiled and closed my eyes to imagine it. I really want to go play with him. My breath a little back to normal but the pain in my chest has not gone as well.

I heard Hyukkie unnie get into the car and ordered to immediately leave to Siwon oppa. I feel calm in the arms of Kyuhyun. He sang my favorite song to make me calm. His voice....I miss his voice so much. I still close my eyes to enjoy his voice.

Kyuhyun's POV
I tried to calm her in any way. I promised him if he is healthy I would take him to the theme park. I also sing her favorite song. I hope all that can make her a bit quiet and the pain that she feels will be lost. I saw her close her eyes and smiled. I hugged her tighter. I was so scared. Seeing her in pain like this makes me feel sick too.

"Minnie, please wait a minute. Siwon, drive faster," said Hyukkie noona.

Suddenly Sungmin yelled loud enough. I saw that Sungmin yelled in pain, clutching her chest. I also can see the tears started falling down her cheeks. Seeing her like this, I cry too. He slowly raised his hand to clear away my tears.

"Don't cry, Kyu ...."
"How could I not cry when I saw you in this condition, Min ????"
"I want to tell you something. But please do not be mad at me after you hear it" she said on the sidelines of his breathing.
"Later, Min .... Now save your strength" I said.
I saw her shaking his head weakly. I sighed to see her like this. At times like this she's still stubborn.
"Please, Min ...."
"I'm afraid I will not be able to say later. I have to say it now".
"What would you say?"

She sighed softly and said, "I love you, Kyu .... More than a friend"
My eyes widened when I heard her words. I don't think that she loved me. I just think of it as a friend. Nothing more.

"You do not have to answer it, Kyu .... I just wanted to tell you".
Slightly loosen my arms against her. I stared straight ahead. I don't want to look into her eyes.
"Mianhe .... I should not say that. Jeongmal mianhe" she whispered
"You don't have to say sorry. It's not your fault".
Sungmin just quiet to hear my words. I saw her eyes closed and her breathing very slowly. I checked her pulse and found her pulse weak.
"Hyung, Drive fast! His pulse is very weak!" I snapped at Siwon hyung.
"MWO ?!!?? Sungmin, hang in there .... unnie beg you," pleaded Hyukkie Noona
Once we arrived at the hospital, Sungmin was rushed to the ICU. I saw Hyukkie noona sobbing in the arms of Siwon hyung. I'm very confused. A few moments ago, her condition is fine. But a moment later she fell ill and even difficulty breathing. Actually, what's with her???

"Noona, I want to ask you something," I said.
"What would you ask, Kyu?" asked Siwon hyung.
"Actually, what diseases suffered by Sungmin? Please answer honestly."
"I think it's time you know, Kyu ...." Siwon hyung said.

"NOOOO!!!!!! Do not tell him, Siwon......... Sungmin will be very mad at you if he knew you were telling Kyuhyun about it," snapped Hyukkie Noona.
"Then until when, noona?Until Sungmin tell him by herself?????It will never happen, noona ..... We all know Sungmin would never say the truth to him".
"But it doen't mean that you allowed to tell him the truth, Siwon!!!!" snapped Hyukkie Noona again.
"I'll keep saying it, noona ...."

Siwon hyung turned to me and draw a deep breath. I waited for him to say something. About the truth of what they say. I think Sungmin hiding something more to me than his true feelings towards me.

"You know Kyu? Before we moved to Seoul, we live in an area that is filled with factory. We live in industrial areas. But after Sungmin was born, umma thought to immediately move from the area because Sungmin born with very weak condition. However, Appa think we should move Hyukkie noona after completing her education at the elementary school and eventually umma agreed. After Hyukkie noona graduation, we moved to Seoul. But it turns out when Sungmin was 11 years old and she was felt the same way as you saw earlier. Umma was brought to the hospital and the doctors declared that Sungmin suffering from silicosis. This was caused by the umma that is too much factory smoke inhale while we were still in our area first. Sungmin have to run a wide variety of health treatment so that she can recover. And three years ago, uncle Yesung said that the disease had disappeared.
But somehow all of a sudden illness attacked him again and getting worse. She's dying, Kyu..."

 

 

 

Mianhe for being very late to update this story.......
Thank you so much for the readers and subcribers......

A/N actually I don't know that the name of Sungmin's diseases is true or not.....But I do know that there is a diseases such like that..........
Thank you for join the poll too...I really appreciate that

Actually I plan to make a sad ending for this story but I don't want a sad ending so I'm a bit confused.....
But it seems that you want to make a happy ending,eh????

So I'll try to make it ^^