The feelings

Housemaid

Kris asked Luhan to take care Tao and Sehun after dinner. He felt so tired as usual, but that day was different. Since he confessed his love to Kevin last night, he could barely contact the younger one. He had tried to call him, but he never picked it up, even though he had tried again and again. At the lunch time, he decided to give Kevin a visit at his office, but the younger one was not there. Kris felt so confused. Kevin never acted like that to him and it made him upset. He tried to call Kevin again after he locked himself in his room, but still the youger one did not pick it up.

Knock... knock... knock...

Someone knocked on his room’s door. He put his cellphone on the bed before he got the door and then he saw Luhan standing in front of him. “What’s it?” he asked.

“I just want to tell you that your children are all sleeping after they have taken a bath,” Luhan replied. “Is there something else you want me to do?”

Kris was silent for a while then he shook his head. “You can have a rest now, Lu,” he said.

“Alright. Thank you, Kris,” said Luhan. “But...” Kris stopped himself for closing the door. The older one frowned at Luhan. “The children kept on asking me about their mummy and it was kind of pissed me off.”

“Their mummy? Who?”

“It’s Kevin I’m talking about,” replied Luhan as he rolled his eyes.

“Aahh... yeah, you’re right,” said Kris as he nodded. How could I forget that?! “I’m sorry, Lu, if my children have bothered you, but you need to be more patient, okay?”

“It’s okay. They’re still kids indeed,” said Luhan. “And... Kris, Eli is not my boyfriend, okay?” he corrected.

“He’s your boyfriend or not, I don’t care. I just don’t want you not to take care of my children well because of someone else who visits you.”

“I can do my job professionally, you know. Just trust me.”

Kris looked at Luhan for a while then he nodded. “Okay, maybe I can trust you,” he said. “Now, go to sleep. You have to wake up early tomorrow to prepare the breakfast and take care the children.”

“But I’m just your housemaid!” Luhan exclaimed. “I did not expect I had to take care the children too since you did not tell me that at the first place.”

“I forgot I had children,” Kris said which made Luhan’s jaw dropped. “I’ll pay you more than before. You work with me anyway. Just tell me the price and I’ll pay you right away.”

Luhan was silent for a while as he looked up at Kris and then he sighed. He was too tired to argue with that guy. “Okay. I take your words.”

 

***

 

“Hey, Kevin! Wake up!”

Kevin moved slightly under the blanket which covered his body then he slowly opened his eyes. He saw the black-haired man sitting on the edge of the bed and smiling at him. He smiled in response them he sat on the bed too. “Morning, Eli yah!” he said as he streched his hands.

“Morning,” Eli said as he ruffled Kevin’s hair. “Did you have a nice sleep?”

Kevin nodded in response. “Thanks for letting me stay in your apartment,” he said. “I owe you a lot and I’ll repay that.”

Eli laughed and shook his head. “It’s not a big deal, okay?” he said. “Now, get up! Have a shower and breakfast. I have made sandwiches and coffee for us.”

Kevin nodded then he did what Eli had told him to. He felt so grateful for having Eli as his employee and friend for a year. Yeah, Eli was a chef in his restaurant and since the first day the older one worked with him, he started to get along with him well. He secretly fell in love with Eli, but he was afraid that the older one would be freak out after he confessed hi love towards him because Eli seemed like to like girl, not a guy like him. So, he never confessed it and kept it for himself.

“Kev,” called Eli as Kevin walked out of the bathroom. “Someone has kept calling you for times. See?” he pointed at the vibrated phone of Kevin.

Kevin walked towards the phone and he saw the caller’s ID. He sighed then he ignored the call as he was busy taking out his clothes from his bag.

“You don’t want to pick it up?” asked Eli.

“Let it be,” said Kevin then he put on a shirt and a jean.

“Who’s ‘dummy’ by the way?” Eli asked again.

“No one,” replied Kevin as he fixed his hair through the mirror. He hoped Eli would stop being curious about the caller becaue he did not want to talk about it. It would make him felt confused with his own feelings.

“Is it the reason you want to stay here?”

“Eli...” Kevin turned his body to look at Eli with an upset look. “Please, stop! I don’t want you to continue asking me about that dummy caller, okay?”

“But I just want to know,” Eli shrugged. “You can tell me your problem like you used to do, okay? We’re friends anyway.”

Friends? Kevin’s heart felt like it stopped beating after he heard that word. I wish we can be more than just friends... “Alright. I’ll tell you, but not now,” he said. “Let’s just have breakfast! You have to go to work after that.”

“And so do you.”

“Nope,” Kevin shook his head. “I don’t want to go to work. I need to take a rest again today.”

 

***

 

“Daddy, Taotao wants to see Mummy Kevin...” begged Tao as he tugged Kris’ hand when they were about to go. “Taotao misses Mummy Kevin so much, Daddy...”

“Hunie misses Mummy Kevin too...” said Sehun who was being carried by Luhan by the older one’s arms. “Please, send Hunie to Mummy Kevin’s place, Daddy...”

“Daddy will send Taotao and Hunnie to Mummy’s place, but not now. Daddy is so busy,” Kris said as he fixed his suit with his free hand. “Just wait, okay?” then Kris walked towards Sehun and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. “Be a good boy, Hunie! Don’t make Uncle Lu tired,” he said as he ruffled Sehun’s hair lovingly.

“Go safely, Kris,” said Luhan before Kris and Tao left the house. He could not help himself for thinking he already had a family with Kris as his husband and Tao and Sehun as their children and his cheeks blushed because of his thought. Stop daydreaming, Lu! After that, he bathed Sehun and then played with him. They made a play where he played as a witch and Sehun played as a knight. They played happily until the telephone rang suddenly. They stopped playing and Luhan walked towards the phone after telling Sehun to wait for him. “Hello. This is Luhan speaking.” There was no response from the other line which made Luhan frowned. “Hello?”

“Luhan...”

“Yeah, it’s me Luhan. Who is it?”

The person on the other line was still silent. And then he sighed heavily before telling his name. “It’s me, Kevin.”

 

***

 

Sehun was talking happily with Kevin when Luhan prepared the lunch. The little boy was asking Kevin to come into their house once he knew the caller who called Luhan was Kevin. Sehun was about to cry that made Kevin did not have a heart to say no. Honestly, Kevin wanted to give a visit to Tao and Sehun after his last visit, but he still did not want to meet Kris, their daddy. After he knew their daddy was not home, he decided to grant Sehun’s wish.

“It seems like Hunie can get along well with, Uncle Luhan,” said Kevin to Sehun as he smiled happily at the little boy.

Sehun nodded. “Uncle Luhan is a good person, Mummy,” he said.

“Hunie...” Kevin called as he swung Sehun’s hands. “Stop calling me Mummy. Just call me Uncle, just like you call Uncle Lu. Okay?”

“Why?”

“Because I’m not Hunie’s Mummy.”

“Kevin,” called Luhan after he got out of the kitchen.

“Yes, Lu?”

“Can you take care of Sehun for a while?” asked Luhan. “I need to pick Tao up.”

“Sure,” Kevin replied as he smiled friendly. “I’ll take care of Sehunie.”

“Thanks, Kev,” Luhan said. “I’ll be back soon.”

After Luhan’s leaving, Sehun asked Kevin to accompany him to watch cartoon. Kevin agreed and then both of them sat on the couch. It did not last long because they heard the bell rang. Is that Luhan? Kevin thought. But, why does he come back so soon? Maybe there’s something left. “Hunie, wait here for minutes. I’ll get the door,” he said before leaving Sehun alone.

Sehun nodded. “Don’t leave Hunie too long, Mummy...” he said.

Kevin nodded then he walked towards the door. His eyes went wide when he saw the guest. It was not Luhan as he had expected before. “Why are you here?”

 

***

sorry for taking this chapter so long guys, I was so busy with midterm exam...TT

what do you think about this chapter? do you like the story so far?

I'm so sorry if I make you feel disappointed for the slow update...TT

and thank you for you who is still subscribing this story, I'll work hard~ *bow*