The first day with the babies (part 1)

Housemaid

Luhan hurriedly ran into his room and locked it up. He leaned his back on the door and then he sat on the floor because he felt his legs trembling. He could not believe what he had seen. Kris loves Kevin...?? he thought. But, is it obvious? The way Kris looks at Kevin, the way Kris treats Kevin... Luhan felt his heart break into pieces. It hurts... but why do I feel this? What does it mean? His eyes were glassy then he cried faintly. He did not want anyone hear his cry. Stop crying, Lu... you shouldn’t cry... why are you crying? Then he got up and walked to the bed. He decided to sleep to make up his mind and feelings. I wish I’d feel better in the morning...

 

***

 

Kevin’s eyes widened after he heard Kris’ confession. So that’s why he always clings with me lately?? He thought. He felt dizzy in a sudden. “I don’t understand...” he said as he massaged his temple. “You love me?” he asked.

Kris nodded steadily in response.

“Stop playing atound with me, Kris! This is not funny at all,” Kevin said then he walked towards the door.

Kris hurriedly grabbed Kevin’s wrist and hugged his waist. He looked at the younger with a serious look. “I’m not playing around with you, Kev,” he said with a firm tone. “I.do.really.love.you.”

“But it can’t be!” Kevin still could not believe it. He pulled himself from Kris. “You love Yoona a lot. You’re not a gay, are you?” Before Kris could make any response, Kevin stopped him. “I don’t want to know. No. Not now,” he said as he felt regret after he asked Kris that question. What if he says he’s a gay? “I want to go home. Now!”

“Let me...”

“No!” cut Kevin. “I can go home by myself. Bye, Kris!” He left the room in a rush. All he wanted to do was going back to his own apartment. He even forgot to say good bye to Luhan. He was too confused with what had happened to him.

 

***

 

Luhan was awaken by loud noises made by Tao and Sehun. He yawned then he got up from the bed and walked out of his room to the children’s room to see what had happened to them. He saw Kris trying to calm the little boys down by talking some things to Tao and Sehun.

“Where’s Mummy, Daddy?” asked Tao with his glassy eyes.

“Yeah, where is Mummy Kevin?” Sehun sobbed. “Why Mummy Kevin isn’t here?”

“Taotao wants to be with Mummy, Daddy...” Tao cried.

“Hunie too...” Sehun cried.

“Ssshhh... babies, Mummy Kevin is busy,” said Kris. “Mummy Kevin will see Taotao and Hunie as soon as possible...”

“Hunie wants to see Mummy Kevin now!!!” Sehun shouted.

Kris was confused. He never knew Kevin’s leaving would mean something to his children. It’s because they’ve been together a lot lately... he thought. When he was busy thinking about what he should do, his eyes met Luhan’s. “Oh, Lu! You’re awake?” he asked which made Sehun and Tao turned their faces to Luhan.

“Daddy, who is he?” asked Sehun while pointing his finger to Luhan. “Why does he life here?”

“He’s our new family, Hunie. He’s Uncle Luhan,” Kris said. “He will help Daddy to take care of this house, to take care of Taotao and...”

“Taotao doesn’t want him to take care of me!!!” Tao shouted angrily and punched Kris’ chest. “Taotao wants Mummy now!!! Taotao wants to be with Mummy!!!”

“Daddy, please, send Taotao and Hunie to Mummy Kevin’s place...” Sehun begged as he shook Kris’ hand and looked at him with his pleading face.

“Daddy will send Taotao and Hunie to Mummy’s place, but not now,” said Kris. “Taotao has to go to school today and Hunie should be a good boy at home with Uncle Luhan.”

Tao and Sehun refused Kris’ ideas. They started to cry, shout, and sob again.

Luhan was confused too since he never had any experience at taking care of kids, but he was pitty on Kris who looked so frustrated to persuade his children. Even though he was not sure with what he would do to the children, he walked towards them and ruffled Sehun’s hair lovingly. “Uncle Luhan will treat Taotao and Hunie bubble tea if Taotao and Hunie want to listen to Daddy Kris,” he said. Everyone likes bubble tea, right? He thought. I wish it’d work...

Both of Tao and Sehun was silent in a sudden. He looked at each other as if they considered Luhan’s promise through their eyes.

“Really?” Sehun asked then Luhan nodded in reply. “Hunie will be a good boy today, but Uncle Luhan should buy that bubble tea for Hunie.”

“For Taotao too!” exclaimed Tao. “Taotao will go to school today.”

Luhan smiled broadly. He was so happy he could win Tao and Sehun’s heart easily. He looked at Kris, who looked dumbfounded by his action. He secretly giggled.

 

***

 

“Lu, please, take care of Hunie,” said Kris when he was about to leave the apartment with Tao. “I’ll send Tao to his school and you should pick him up at noon. I’ll send you the address.”

Luhan nodded as he smiled at Kris. “I will,” he said. He felt his hand being tugged then he looked down and he saw Sehun, who was looking up at him with his innocent look. “Yes, Hunie?”

“When will Uncle Luhan buy the bubble tea for Hunie and Taotao-ge?” Sehun asked.

“At noon, Hunie,” Luhan said as he ruffled Sehun’s hair. “After we pick Taotao-ge up from school.”

After saying good bye, Kris and Tao left. Sehun asked Luhan to accompany him to watch some cartoons on the tv and the older one agreed it. The first cartoon they watched was so funny. Both of them laughed together at it. Luhan did not know how long they had watched tv. He felt sleepy in a sudden. He tried hard not to sleep since he should take care of the baby boy, but he could stand it anymore. His eyes felt heavy and it slowly closed.

 

***

 

Luhan was awaken by a ring of the telephone. He yawned then walked to the phone to pick it up. “Hello, it’s Luhan speaking.”

“Hey, Lu! It’s me, Kris,” said the person on the other line. “I’ve send you the address. Please, pick Tao up at twelve.”

“Oh, okay...” Luhan responded as he scaned the room. Is there something missing? He thought. He suddenly felt something went wrong, but he did not know what was that.

“How’s Sehun? What’s he doing?”

Luhan’s eyes suddenly went wide to hear that questions. Damn! I’m doomed! He felt his body trembling in anxiousness. You silly, how could you be this stupid! He cursed himself.

“Lu? Are you still there?” Kris snapped Luhan’s thought.

“Y-yeah... I-I’m still here...” Luhan stuttered in reply. Where’s that boy?

“Can I talk to Sehun?”

Damn! My life is over now! “Y-you can’t...” said Luhan.

“But why?”

Luhan could felt the confusion in Kris tone. Because your child is gone... he thought. “He’s sleeping,” he replied in a more firm tone to make the younger man sure with his answer. “I asked him to sleep before we pick Tao up,” he lied.

“Oh... okay...” Kris responded. They talked for a while before Kris ended the call.

After that, Luhan checked every room in the apartment to look for Sehun, but he could not find him. His heart beat faster with worry. Where are you, Sehun ah? His eyes then stopped at the door which was open. Is he out of this apartment? He thought with surprise. He did not want to waste any time. He ran out of the apartment to look for Sehun. He did not have a lot of time since he had to pick Tao up at twelve which meant he still has twenty minutes more to find the other little boy. I’ll get fired if I can’t find him or, for worst, Kris will kill me...

 

***

sorry for the late update...TT

I'm still busy with my college and stuff and the exam will be started next two weeks...TT

please, wait for the next updates patiently~

thank you for your understanding and for subscribing and giving upvote :)