A good sign

Housemaid

“My son!” a beautiful woman exclaimed in happiness as he hugged Kris tightly. “You come here to pick up the boys?” she asked him after she broke the hug.

Kris smiled widely as he nodded in response. “They didn’t disturb you, did they, Mom?”

“Of course, no,” Mrs. Wu replied. “They were in their best behavior. I like them!” She accidentaly caught an unfamiliar figure which was hiding behind Kris’ back and it made her curious. “Who is she, Yifan?”

Kris frowned. “She? Who?” he asked back confusedly.

“Someone behind you,” Mrs. Wu replied as he pointed her index finger at the person.

Kris could not hold his laughter after he found out whom his mother talked about. “I told you not to tie your hair like that,” he whispered to the person before he dragged him to stand next to him. “It’s not a ‘she’, Mom. He’s a guy and his name is Luhan,” said Kris as he introduced Luhan to Mrs. Wu. “He’s working in our house as our housemaid,” he added then he faced Luhan who bent down his face in embarrassment. “Luhan, this is my mother, Tao and Sehun’s grandma.”

Luhan slowly lifted his head and smiled awkwardly to Mrs. Wu. He bowed to her before he greeted her. “Hello, Mrs. Wu. I’m Luhan.”

Mrs. Wu awed in happiness as she saw Luhan’s smile. “Aw, you’re so cute, Hanie!” she said as she pinched Luhan’s cheek.

Kris chuckled to see his mother’s reaction. “Don’t do that, Mom! You’ll embarrass him,” he said.

“Sorry then…” Mrs. Wu said as she released her fingers from Luhan’s cheek. “Come in! Tao and Sehun are watching their favorite cartoon in the living room,” she motioned the two guys to come into the house. “Umm… Hanie, would you like to help this old woman to make a drink?”

Luhan looked at Kris frist before he decided whether he wanted to help her or not and when the younger one gave him a good response, Luhan smiled politely at Mrs. Wu and nodded. He followed Kris’ mother to the kitchen.

“What do you want to drink?” Mrs. Wu asked Luhan as she took out some mugs from the rack.

“Anything’s fine,” Luhan replied politely.

“Hmm… what about orange juice?” Mrs. Wu suggested and Luhan nodded in reponse. “Could you please take the juice out of the fridge, Hanie?”

“Yes, Ma’am,” Luhan replied then he walked to the fridge and grabbed the juice. “Oh! You have apple juice also?” he asked Mrs. Wu after he saw the apple juice in the fridge.

“Yes, why?”

“Kris, Tao, and Sehun like it so much,” Luhan said. “Can we give this to them?”

Mrs. Wu smiled widely then she nodded. “Give the juices to me, Han,” she asked. After taking the juices from Luhan, Mrs. Wu poured them to the mugs. Orange juices ones for her and Luhan and apple juices ones for Kris, Tao, and Sehun. “By the way, how long have you been working with Yifan, my son?”

Luhan was silent for a while as his mind counted. “It’s been five days if I’m not wrong,” he answered.

Mrs. Wu nodded. “And you know well about my son and his sons,” she said. “Did he tell you everything they like and they don’t like?”

Luhan nodded as he smiled shyly. “No. Kevin helped me lot with that things,” he admitted.

“Aaahh… Kevin?” Mrs. Wu asked and then Luhan nodded. She sighed heavily after that. “I miss that boy,” she said in a sad tone. “You get along with him, don’t you?”

Luhan nodded again. “He’s a good guy.”

“Indeed,” Mrs. Wu said. “Ah! Hanie, do you want to know a secret?”

“Yes, if you want to tell me of course,” Luhan chuckled.

“It’s about my son, Yifan.” Mrs. Wu was silent for a while as she looked at Luhan from his head to toe, making the younger one feel nervous. Then she chuckled to find Luhan’s nervousness. “Yifan never let everyone come into my house easily,” she said. “He only lets people he closes to. In my knowledge, he has let three people, out of our family of course, come into here. They are Yoona, his wife, Kevin, and then you. For your information, Yoona was Yifan’s wife. She passed away years ago. I thought Kevin was the last person he let to come here because I was sure he would proposed him to be his wife, but I’m wrong.” Mrs. Wu paused a moment as she gave a motherly smile at Luhan before she spoke again. “I hope you’re the last person, Hanie.”

“Pardon?” Luhan asked confusedly. What is she talking about? Last person? For what?

Mrs. Wu giggled to see Luhan’s confussion. She did not want to tell the younger one at the time because she was not sure either. “Could you please take the drinks to the living room, Hanie?”

 

***

 

Meanwhile...

“Daddy is hereeee!!!” Kris exclaimed with happiness as he showed himself to Tao and Sehun who were watching cartoon in the living.

Both Tao and Sehun turned their faced to Kris and they smiled happily as they ran to him and hugged him tight.

“Daddy, Taotao misses you so much,” said Tao as he nuzzled his face onto Kris’ leg.

“Hunie misses Daddy too,” said Sehun. Then he put his hands up, asking Kris to carry him in his arms. “Mummy Kevin isn’t with Daddy??”

Kris shook his head. His heart still hurt whenever he heard Kevin’s name, but he tried to blow it away. “He’s busy, Hunie…” he lied as he peppered Sehun with butterfly kisses. “Did Daddy tell you so?”

“Daddy did,” said Tao. “But Taotao hope he would come here to see Taotao and Hunie, but…” the little boy looked down at the floor as his eyes were getting wet.

“Ssshh... Taotao…” Kris bent down his body to Tao’s height, still carrying Sehun in his arms. He pulled his oldest child to his arm and hugged him tight. “Uncle Kevin will come to see Taotao and Hunie soon after he finishes his business, okay? Don’t feel bad, baby…”

“Daddy…” called Sehun as he looked at Kris, who was trying to calm Tao down. “Why did you call Mummy Kevin Uncle Kevin?”

Kris looked at Sehun for a while as he smiled warmly at him. “Uncle Kevin asked Daddy to call him so,” he lied again. “Can Hunie call him so too?”

Sehun nodded innocently. “Uncle Kevin asked Hunie to do so too,” he admitted. “Uncle Kevin said he wasn’t Tao-ge and Hunie’s mummy.”

Kris sighed heavily. It’s final then…

“But, Daddy… Taotao wants to call someone mummy,” said Tao as he looked at Kris with a sad look.

Kris was silent for a while. He was confused to answer that question in fact.

“Let’s go grab your drink, kiddies!!!” suddenly, Luhan came into the living room with a tray in his hands. He looked happy as he saw the children.

And suddenly, and idea came into Kris’ mind.

 

***

it's a short late update! aw, sorry for posting it just now... I've been so busy lately...T^T

thank you for still subscribing this story *bow*

I'll try my best to update it asap when I'm free :)