A realization

Housemaid

On the next morning, Luhan woke up early as he used to. He was going to make breakfast for Kris and him. The apartment went quiet since Tao and Sehun were not there. Kris said to Luhan last night that he intended to send them to his mother’s house because he did not want to be disturbed for days ahead after what had happened between Kevin and him and tomorrow, which was today, was Saturday, the day when the children would spend the weekend. Kris looked so awful since the lunch time and Luhan felt so pity on him. So, he wanted to make his master to move on from his sadness by doing his job well. That morning, he was going to make sandwiches and a cup of coffee, Kris’ favorite breakfast. After he had finished the food and drink, he walked towards Kris’ room and knocked on the door. “Kris, wake up!” he exclaimed. “The breakfast is ready.”

After several knocks, Kris opened the door. He was still wearing his sleeping clothes, a plain white shirt and light-weighted trousers. He yawned before he greeted Luhan. “Morning, Lu!” he said as he closed the door and walked towards the dinning table. “Let’s have breakfast together,” he added after he took a seat.

Luhan nodded then he walked to the table and took a seat. The breakfast went quiet yet peaceful. Luhan did enjoy the breakfast and sometimes he stole a sight of Kris. He’s so handsome when he just woke up, he thought. I wonder why Kevin doesn’t like him. Isn’t he perfect?

“Lu,” called Kris, snaping out Luhan from his train of thought. “Did Kevin say something about me when you took him home?” he asked.

“No, he didn’t,” Luhan replied. “He didn’t even say a word, but he only said thank you when he got home. Why? Do you still feel sad?”

Kris looked at Luhan for a while. He hated when someone interfered in his business, but he needed someone to hear his problem and might be giving him some advices and Luhan already knew his problem even though he still did not know if the older one could give him advice. After minutes considerating it, Kris decided to be honest with his feelings to Luhan. He nodded in reponse of Luhan’s question. “I was so down when he rejected my love. Even until now I’m still sad,” he said in a weak tone. “It’ll be awkward to meet him again, right? Hhh… this is my fault. I should have known he never had the same feeling with me. I should not have forced him to love me. I should not have scared him. What should I do, Lu?”

Luhan sighed heavily after hearing those words from Kris. “Give time for both of you not to contact each other for a while,” he said. “Maybe it’ll work. Just try it even though I know it’ll be hard for you to do that,” he added. Then he holded Kris’ hand and caressed it. He smiled warmly at the taller one. “You can do it, Kris! Believe in yourself! I know you can do it.”

Kris looked at his hand which was being caressed by Luhan and then he looked at the older one’s smile, the angelic smile, which made his heart warm. He missed that kind of smile, the smile that reminded him of Yoona. Wait! Kris, what are you thinking of? He thought as he shook his head to sweep that tought away.

“Kris, are you okay?” asked Luhan worriedly after he saw Kris shake his head.

“Uh? Oh! What?” Kris stuttered in reply then he released his hand from Luhan and used it to rub his nape as he chuckled awkwardly. “I-I’m fine…” he said. “I need to prepare myself to go to work.” Kris got up from his chair then walked to his bedroom, leaving Luhan alone in confusion.

 

***

 

You shouldn’t be here, Kris, he thought as he looked at the restaurant whose owner was Kevin. You should listen to what Luhan have told you. But, it seemed like his toughts and action did not want to cooperate well. He was already in the restaurant to order his lunch, and to see Kevin if he was lucky enough. He scanned the place and hoped he could see Kevin, but unfortunately he did not find him. He even asked a waitress whether the younger one was in his office or not and she said Kevin had not been in office since two days ago. Kris sighed then he continued eating his lunch. When he was about to leave the restaurant, his eyes caught a familiar person who was coming out from the kitchen. He works in here? He wondered as he saw at the person’s uniform. The he walked towards him. “Eli!”

Eli turned his face to the voice and his eyes widened to see Kris. “Kris? What are you doing in here?” he asked confusedly.

“I’ve just finished my lunch. What else?”

“I thought you looked for Kevin.”

How could he know that? He thought in surprise. “Well, yeah… that’s the other reason,” Kris admitted. “Can we talk for a while?”

Eli nodded. “Just make it short, okay?”

Both of them then sat on the table which was sat by Kris earlier. “Do you know where Kevin is?” he asked to the point.

Eli nodded again. “He didn’t tell you where he lives?” he asked and then Kris answered it with a nod. “What’s wrong with you two? Did you fight each other?”

Kris shook his head. “Not really. It’s my fault,” he said which made Eli frown confusedly. “You know I love him, don’t you? I confessed my love to him and then he refused it, but I still forced him to accept it. Eventually, I gave up because he said he likes someone else…”

He likes someone else?? That line echoed in Eli’s mind. And then he remembered what Kevin had said to him last night, his confession. So, it means he likes…

“Can you tell me where he is, Eli?” Kris snapped Eli out from his train of thought. “I just want to know where he is.”

“Uh… mmm… he moves to his mother’s house in… ummm… Korea…” Eli stuttered in reply because he did not have a heart to tell that to Kris after he had known their problem. And why Kevin didn’t tell me about their problem before? So, that’s why he chose to stay at my apartment days ago?

“Korea?” Kris repeated in surprise. “Did he tell you why?”

“He said he wants to expand his business.”

Maybe he doesn’t want to see me, Kris thought sadly. “By the way, you and Kevin get along well, huh?” he asked curiously.

“Yeah, he gets along well with the other employee too,” Eli answered. He did not want to make Kris misunderstand the relationship between him and Kevin. “Is there any question you want to ask?”

Kris was silent for a while then he shook his head. “I think that’s enough for now,” he said. “Thanks for giving your time to me.”

Eli smiled. “It’s okay,” he said then he got up from his chair. “I leave you then. Bye!”

 

***

 

Luhan was watching tv after he had finished doing his job when his cellphone rang. He got a call. He hurriedly took it from his room and answered it after he saw the caller’s ID. “Hey, Eli! What’s up?”

“Let’s meet up, Lu-ge!” Eli said to the point. “It’s Saturday. I will back home early and I don’t know what to do. It’ll be boring,” he whined. “Let’s have dinner and watch movie in my place! I’ll pick you up at seven. How’s it?”

Luhan looked at his wristwatch. Two hours more to seven, he thought. “Okay, that sounds good,” Luhan said. “See you at seven!”

As Eli ended the call, Luhan started to prepare himself. It had been a while he did not do something together with Eli and he wanted to make the younger one happy. He’s my cute brother! He thought as he smiled at the reflexion of himself in the mirror. After he was ready, he spent the time by watching tv again. There was a funny show which made Luhan laugh. In the middle of the show, he heard the bell rang. Eli! He ran to the door excitedly.

“Hi, E… oh!” Luhan could not complete his sentence after he saw Kris, instead of Eli. “You come back early, huh?” he asked the taller one as he let him to come in.

“I always go home at seven, don’t you remember that?” Kris said as he put his shoes on the rack. “You look so tidy. You’re going to meet someone?” he asked after he looked at Luhan from his head to toe.

Luhan nodded. “I will meet…” he could not complete his sentence again because he heard the bell rang again. It must be him! He thought then he opened the door and he smiled broadly at the guest. “Hi, Eli!”

“Hi, Lu-ge!” greeted Eli as he smiled at Luhan. “Oh! Kris, you’re home?” he asked when he saw the tallest one of the three standing behind Luhan.

Kris nodded in response. “Where do you want to go?” he asked.

“My place,” Eli replied. “We’ll have dinner and watch movie together.”

“So, I’ll have dinner alone? No!” Kris turned his face to Luhan. “You can’t do this to me, Lu. Don’t leave me alone!” he begged as he holded the older one’s hand.

“It’s only tonight, Kris. You’ll be fine,” said Luhan as he tried to release his hand from Kris’ grip. Why does he do this to me? He wondered.

“But I don’t want to be alone! Please, Lu, please… don’t leave me…” Kris kept on begging and he even showed his pleading eyes.

It was the first time for Luhan to see Kris’ pleading eyes and it really lured him. He felt confused for a while then he looked at Eli. “Let’s have dinner and watch movie in here, Eli yah,” he said.

Eli was silent for a while as he looked at Luhan and Kris. He shrugged then he smiled faintly. “That doesn’t sound bad.”

 

***