A surprised request

Housemaid

“Uncle Lu!” exclaimed Sehun when he saw Luhan came into the living room. “Why doesn’t Daddy tell Hunie that Uncle Lu comes along with Daddy?” he asked Kris, who was still carrying him in his arms.

Kris chuckled. “Daddy forgets, sorry...” he said.

“Hello, Hunie!” Luhan greeted Sehun then he turned his face to Tao. “Oh! What’s wrong with you, Taotao?” he asked with worry after he realized the sadness on Tao’s face. He put the tray on the table then he walked towards the little boy and hugged his shoulder and caressed it gently. “Are you sick?”

“He’s not,” Kris replied. “He misses Kevin, and so does Hunie.”

“Oh...” Luhan smiled widely at Tao and then he carried him in his hands. “Even though Mummy Kevin isn’t here, we can still have a good time together, can’t we?”

Tao nodded then he smiled faintly at Luhan. “Can Taotao call Uncle Lu Mummy Lu?” he asked as he tugged Luhan’s shirt.

Luhan was surprised with Tao’s request, but he was not the one and only person who was surprised with the request. Kris was surprised as well.

“Can Hunie call Uncle Lu Mummy Lu too?” Sehun joined which made Luhan fluttered.

Oh my God... what are they saying? Luhan thought confusedly. What about Kevin? Luhan who was silent for a while finally let out a chuckled grogily. “B-but... Taotao and Hunie’s mummy is Mummy Kevin, isn’t he?” he asked and then he was surprised again when he saw Tao and Sehun shake their heads in response. “H-hey... w-what’s going on exactly?”

“Daddy asked Taotao and Sehun to call Mummy Kevin Uncle Kevin,” replied Tao.

Sehun nodded. “Uncle Kevin also asked Hunie to stop calling Uncle Kevin Mummy Kevin,” he added. “So, can Tao-ge and Hunie call Uncle Lu Mummy Lu?” he asked again.

Luhan was still confused then he looked at Kris, asking for help. And for his surprise, his master nodded, agreeing his children’s wish. Suddenly, Luhan felt his body become hot. Gosh, what’s wrong with the situation?? He thought.

“Uncle Lu...” Sehun snapped Luhan out of his train of thought. “What is Uncle Lu’s answer?”

“Uncle Lu, please...” Tao begged as he tugged Luhan’s shirt again and looked at him with his pleaded eyes that would lure everyone who saw them.

Luhan gulped nervously then he nodded in response. How can I say no when he’s being like this? He thought. He smiled warmly at Tao as he ruffled his hair lovingly. “Yes, Taotao and Hunie can call Uncle Lu Mummy,” he said then the children shouted happily in response.

“What’s going on?” asked Mrs. Wu suddenly as she entered the room with a jar of cookies. “Why are Taotao and Hunie so happy??”

“Taotao and Hunie can call Uncle Lu Mummy Lu, grandmaaa...” replied Tao as he smiled happily at Mrs. Wu. Then he hugged Luhan tightly and snuggled on the oldest one’s neck. “Thank you, Mummy Lu. Taotao loves Mummy Lu so much...” he said.

Luhan felt the urge to cry for hearing those words, but he holded his feeling up. He smiled as he tightened the hug. “Unc – no, Mummy Lu loves Taotao more...” he said in a hoarse tone.

Kris felt so touched with the sight and then he felt Mrs. Wu looking and smiling at him which made his cheeks slightly blush.

 

***

 

Kris sat on the bench after an hour walking around the zoo with Tao, Sehun, and Luhan. The children were so excited with their trip that day and Kris felt so lucky to take Luhan along with him so he would not be too tired with Tao and Sehun’s over-enjoyment. The tall guy drunk a water he brought from house then he looked at Tao, Sehun, and Luhan, who were still looking at animals. He could see the happiness on their faces and he felt happy too for that.

Talking about Tao, Sehun, and Luhan, he suddenly remembered again with what had happened earlier in his mother’s house, when his children asked Luhan for calling him their Mummy. Actually, he also had the same idea with Tao and Sehun, but he never expected that his children would ask it right away to Luhan and it made him surprised. Do the kids get along with Luhan then? He thought. If yes, it’s good though. Kris slowly smiled happily.

“Daddy…” called Tao as he ran towards Kris with Luhan, who was carrying Sehun in his arms, followed him behind. “Taotao and Hunie are tired and hungry. Can Taotao and Sehun eat something, Daddy??” he asked as he tugged his daddy’s trousers.

Kris nodded as he smiled at Tao. “Let’s go to the car then!” he said then he carried Tao in his arms then they walked to the parking lot. In the midst of their walking, Kris turned his face to Sehun, who was sleepy in Luhan’s arms. “Aigoo… our Hunie is so tired that he wants to sleep, huh?” Kris teased his youngest boy as he ruffled Sehun’s hair with one of his hands.

Sehun nodded weakly then he yawned.

Luhan giggled to see Sehun’s reaction. “But we’ve been in the zoo not that long,” he said.

“Maybe it’s because Hunie kept running, Mummy Lu,” said Tao. “Daddy, can we eat at Uncle Kevin’s restaurant?”

Kris was surprised to hear Tao’s question, but he did not find any excuse to say no so he nodded. “Why does Taotao want to go there?” he asked curiously.

“Because Taotao hopes to see Uncle Kevin there,” Tao replied as he clung his arms around Kris’ neck. “Taotao misses Uncle Kevin so much, Daddy”

Kris sighed for hearing those words came out from Tao’s lips. I do miss him too, Tao… he thought. But he has decided to be away from me which means you two can’t be easily with him like you used to be. Then Kris turned his head to look at Luhan, who was walking slightly behind him. The guy was caressing Sehun, making the little boy doze off as he rested his head on Luhan’s shoulder. Maybe I’ve found my last stop…

 

***

 

Kris’ car was being silent as he drove it on the road. Sehun and Tao had already slept on Luhan’s thighs on the passenger seats once they got in the car and both adults did not speak to each other since Luhan was busy humming a lullaby to Tao and Sehun and Kris was focus driving. In the midst of their way to the restaurant, Kris decided to talk with Luhan because he was not the quiet type and felt bored with the silence.

“Lu, thanks for taking care of my children,” said Kris as he looked at Luhan through the rear view mirror.

Luhan chuckled softly, did not want to make the children wake. “That’s not a big deal, Kris,” he said as he smiled at Kris. “I love them.”

Kris smiled. “Can I ask you something?”

Luhan nodded. “Yes, of course. What is it?”

“It’s about you and Eli,” Kris said. “Do you remember the moment when I stopped him for kissing you last night?” he asked then he chuckled when he saw Luhan’s reaction. The older guy was so tensed up and blushing behind him. “Is that embarrassing?”

“O-of course yes…” Luhan replied in a low tone. “Y-you shouldn’t see that because… because it was our privacy.” He looked down to avoid Kris even though it was impossible for the younger one to look at him while driving. What is he trying to say? He thought nervously. “What do you want to ask?”

“I heard what you talked about – no, please don’t get it wrong!” said Kris hurriedly when he looked at Luhan that was about to protest. “I wanted to take a drink, but I was stopped when I saw you two talking and from that I knew Eli loves you, but you don’t love him…”

“Just ask me your question right away, Kris!” Luhan exclaimed with an upset tone and red face. Is he trying to make me embarrassed of myself??

“Slow down, okay? Not need to be mad,” said Kris. “My question is do you really not love Eli?”

Luhan was so surprised with that question. He never expected Kris would ask him about that. Why does he want to know? He wondered. That’s not his business anyway. But he nodded in response. “Just like I’ve ever told you, I only look at him as my favorite brother,” he said.

“I thought you were lying,” Kris blurted out.

“Hey!!!”

“Ssshh… don’t scream out loud, okay? You’ll wake the children up,” Kris warned. He was secretly happy to hear Luhan’s answer. Maybe this is my chance… “Lu, can I be honest with you?”

“Yes, just go on…” Luhan replied with a casual tone. He felt upset in a sudden because of Kris’ words that ruined his mood.

Kris took a deep breath then breathed it out slowly. Try to say it, Kris! He thought. Don’t mind his reaction first, just say it. “I know we’ve been together for few days ago and maybe you’ll find it weird, but, Lu, I think I...”

“Euaaahhh...” Suddenly, Sehun yawned as he stretched his hands then slowly opened his eyes. “Have we arrived, Daddy?” he asked, interrupting the adults’ conversation.

“Oh! Not yet, Hunie,” Kris replied. “But we can see the restaurant from here.”

Sehun yawned again then he leaned his body on the seat. “Hunie is so hungry,” he said.

Luhan chuckled. “Hang on there, okay?” he said as he ruffled Sehun’s hair lovingly. “Kris, what did you want to say?” Luhan asked Kris as he looked at the younger one.

How can I say it now when Sehun is awake? He thought. No, no… this is adults’ topic and my children shouldn’t listen about it. “I’ll tell when we get home.”

 

***

who has been waiting for this chapter?? kekeke... finally, TaoHun call Luhan their mummy >w<

is there any ElVin shipper here?? I'm sorry for putting them aside because I want to focus on KrisHan first...T^T

ElVin will come out, I promise. just wait for it a little longer.

do you like the story so far??