The hints of the truths

Housemaid

“Hi, ge!” exclaimed Kris as he hugged an older guy once they came into K’s Hut, Kevin’s restaurant. “How are you? It’s been a long time we never met each other,” he said after he broke the hug.

The older guy chuckled and nodded in response. “I’m fine. I was so busy to take care of another branch in Changsa so yeah…” his eyes stopped at two children and a guy behind Kris. He knew that the children were Kris’ sons, but he did not know the guy was. “Who is he, Kris?” he asked Kris as he pointed at the guy behind Kris with his corner of his eyes.

“Oh! My bad…” Kris said then he dragged Luhan to stand beside him. “Ge, this is Luhan. Luhan, this is Duxian-ge, Kevin’s co-worker and my friend.”

Luhan and Duxian smiled at each other politely as they bent down their heads.

“Nice to meet you,” Luhan said.

“Nice to meet you too,” Duxian replied.

“Uncle Du, hello!” Tao greeted as he tugged Duxian’s trousers.

“Hi, Taotao!” Duxian greeted back then he carried Tao in his arms. “Taotao wants to eat something?”

Tao nodded. “Taotao is hungry,” he said as he rubbed his stomach.

“Hunie is hungry too,” added Sehun. “Uncle Du, can Hunie get chocolate ice cream?”

“Yaaah… Hunie can’t eat ice cream before eat carbo,” said Taotao as he looked at Sehun. Then he looked at Duxian again. “Can Taotao get hamburger?”

“Hunie wants it too!” Sehun axclaimed as he jumped excitedly. “And chocolate ice cream!”

The adults were laughing to see the kids’ action.

“Let me order the food and you tag the table, okay?” said Luhan to Kris which then nodded by the younger one.

“Mummy Lu, can I get along with you?” asked Sehun which made Duxian surprised.

Mummy Lu?” Duxian repeated when Luhan and Sehun left them to order the food. “You’ve married with him?! Yah! Wu Yifan, you’re…”

“Easy, ge, easy…” cut Kris. “Let’s find the table first and I’ll tell you the story.”

 

***

 

Eli was calling someone for so many times, but it never picked up. He groaned in frustration, but he never wanted to give up so he called again. Come on, pick it up… pick it up… pick it…

“Hello.”

Finally! Eli was so happy when he heard someone on the other line greeted him. “Am I speaking with one of Woo’s family members?” he asked.

“Yes. You’re speaking with Mrs. Woo. Who is it?”

It’s Kevin’s mother! “It’s Eli speaking,” Eli replied. “May I speak with Kevin, Auntie?”

“Oh, Eli? But Kevin isn’t here,” answered Mrs. Woo. “Why do you think he’d be with me?”

Eli frowned confusedly. But he said he would move to his mother’s house. Does it mean he…

“Eli?” Mrs. Woo snapped Eli from his train of thoughts. “You’re still there?”

Eli nodded as if Mrs. Woo was in front of him. “I’m still here, Auntie,” he replied. “So, Kevin isn’t there?”

“Isn’t Kevin in China?” Mrs. Asked back confusedly. “You don’t meet him? Where’s he?”

“No, no… it’s just…” Eli tried to catch a proper sentence to make up the situation because he could feel Mrs. Woo’s worry through her voice and he did not want to make it worst. “He said he wanted to go somewhere for vacation, but I forgot where he would go to.”

“Where’s that kid exactly?” Mrs. Woo murmured. “Have you called him?”

“Yes, but he didn’t pick it up yet. Maybe he’s too busy having fun with himself,” Eli chuckled to ease Mrs. Woo’s worry.

“I’ll try to call him too and I’ll tell you when I know where he is.”

“Thank you, Auntie.”

“Nah~ never mind, Eli yah,” said Mrs. Woo. “I should be the one who thank to you because you’ve taken care of my lovely son.”

After that, Eli ended the call then he went silent as he looked at his cellphone. Where are you, Kevin? Why did you lie to me? He wondered.

 

***

 

“You can’t get over Kevin then, huh?” asked Duxian after Kris had finished telling him everything. Tao was playing in the balls pool while waiting for Luhan and Sehun so that he and Kris could talk properly. Kris still did not want his children to know the adults’ issue. “Didn’t you tell me that you like Kevin a lot?”

Kris nodded. “I did. It’s difficult, but I can make it,” he said as he smiled faintly. “I haven’t met him since he rejected me…”

“Rejected you??” Duxian widened his eyes in surprise. “How dare he did that to you? You’re too perfect to be treated like that.”

Kris chuckled to hear those words. “Nah, it’s okay. I can’t force him to accept my love, can I?” he sighed heavily. “He said he loves someone else. I wonder who the person is…”

“Oh, he didn’t tell you who he is?”

Kris frowned confusedly at Duxian. So, it’s a he? He shook his head in response. “Do you know who he is?”

“Well, yeah… but…”

“Tell me, ge! Tell me…”

“Duxian ge!” someone was interrupting their conversation as he walked towards them.

Kris turned his head to the person. “Eli!”

“Oh, Kris!” Eli was surprised when he saw Kris with Duxian. He wanted to ask why he was in the restaurant, but when he remembered why he wanted to see Duxian, he stopped himself for asking that question. “Ge, tell me where Kevin is!” he asked in command tone.

“He’s in China. Didn’t he tell you so?” Duxian replied.

“He was lying and I know you know where he is now since you’re close with him.”

Duxian frowned confusedly. “How could you say he lied to you?”

“I called his mother place where he’s supposed to be, but his mother said he wasn’t with her,” Eli answered. “Now tell me that it’s not a lie!”

“Hang on there!” Kris interrupted. “What’s going on exactly?”

“Come on, ge, tell me where he is!” Eli begged on Duxian, ignoring Kris’ question. “I need to see him so bad. Please, ge, tell me…”

Duxian was silent for a while as he looked at Eli who looked desperately messed. After taking a long breath and breathed it out, he said, “I won’t tell you where he is right away, but I’ll give you a hint. Just a hint and I won’t repeat it.” He paused then he smiled. “He’s staying in the place where you guys came for the first time together to see the sunset.”

Eli frowned confusedly after he heard the hint. The place where we came… where is it? He wondered as he recalled the places he and Kevin had gone to. “Ah!” he suddenly exclaimed when he found the answer. I think I know where it is! “Ge, can I skip my work for the rest of the day?”

“You ask a lot you know,” said Duxian in an upset tone.

“Don’t be too mean, ge,” said Kris.

“I’m too kind to him in fact,” Duxian said then he shrugged. “Okay, you can.”

“Thanks a lot, ge!” exclaimed Eli as he hugged Duxian tight. Then he turned his face to Kris and smiled widely at him. “Thanks, Kris!”

“Never mind,” Kris said. “Ge,” he called Duxian when Eli left them. “Who is the person Kevin loves?” Kris asked the question again because the older one had not answered it yet.

“You don’t have any idea who he is, huh?” asked Duxian and then nodded by Kris in response. This guy is handsome yet fool, he thought. “The person is someone who just asked Kevin where he is,” he said.

“Pardon?” asked Kris confusedly. Someone who just…

“Someone who just thanked to you for getting my permission to skip his work.”

Kris’ eyes widened as he recalled what had just happened. Gosh… could it be… “Eli?”

 

***

no KrisHan in this chapter so I'd like to apologize to you, KrisHan shippers...T^T

like you can see, this chapter hasn't had its title because I'm still confused with it

can you suggest me a title??