The meeting

Housemaid

Luhan and Kris were silent during their way to Kris’ house. Luhan was so nervous after the moment Kris caught him and Eli kissing and he started to feel uneasy. What if he’s disgusted by that accident? What if he starts to think about me wrongly? What if…

“Who was that guy?” suddenly Kris broke the silence and it made Luhan jumped a bit on his seat in surprise.

“W-who?” Luhan repeated.

“That guy who kissed you... who was him?”

Luhan could feel an annoyance from Kris’ tone and it made him frown. Did we make him annoyed? Well, I admit that I’d be annoyed if I saw people…

“What are you thinking, Lu?” Kris snapped Luhan fron his train of thought.

“Huh?” Luhan replied as he looked at Kris with a blank expression.

Kris, who was glancing at Luhan, laughed after he saw Luhan’s face. He’s so cute! He thought.

“What are you laughing at?” asked Luhan curiously as he frowned at Kris confusedly.

“You’re face,” Kris replied. “You looked like an idiot when I asked you what you were thinking.”

“Hey! I’m not an idiot!” exclaimed Luhan with an upset tone as he crossed his arms and pouted.

“Who was that guy?” Kris repeated his question. “You haven’t answered it.”

“He’s my neighbor,” Luhan said with a softer tone.

“Just a neighbor?”

Luhan nodded steadily. “He’s like a brother to me,” he said. “I’ve known him well since five years ago when he moved to the apartment from America…”

“So, he’s not a Chinesse?”

“Yes, he’s a Korean who grew up in America. I taught him Chinesse since the first time we met and then we get along well until now.”

“Are you sure he only looks at you as his brother too?”

Luhan frowned by that question, but he nodded in response. “Of course, I’m sure. He always says that I’m his favorite neighbor, favorite gege…”

“Then why did he kiss you?” Kris cut Luhan’s words. “The way he kissed you was not like the way a guy kissed his brother. It looked like…”

“You’re talking nonsense!” cut Luhan. His face reddened in embarrassment. Why should he recall it again when I want to shoo it away?! He thought irritably. Deep inside, Luhan also agreed with Kris. He could feel the way Eli kiss him and it was so forceful and passionate. It was not affectionate kiss. “I was playing around at him and then he kissed me to shut me up,” Luhan explained with a low and weak tone.

“I bet he has waited for that moment,” Kris smirked on his steering wheel.

Luhan frowned again at Kris and when he was about to ask, the car stopped moving. We’ve arrived… he thought as he looked around the parking lot in the basement on the apartment building. “Ah yeah… if you have this car, why did you need to take a bus last night?” he asked to Kris, who was about to open the door car.

“It was broken yesterday,” Kris replied. “Get off hurriedly!”

 

***

 

“This is your room,” said Kris after he opened the door and motioned Luhan to come into the room. It was pretty large with a bed and a wardrobe. There was a table near the bed. “You can save your energy from now. I’ll tell you your job tomorrow,” he continued then he left Luhan before the latter could thank to him.

Kris was so tired at the time. He needed to relax himself by a shower and sleep, so he walked towards the bathroom after he took off his suits and tie. After taking a bath, he walked to the kitchen and took a bottle of cold drink and drank it fast. I feel better now… he thought. He was about to go to his room when he remebered that there was someone on the other room. He forgot to ask Luhan whether he had dinner or not, so he walked to Luhan’s room and knocked the door.

“Lu, open the door,” Kris said after he got no response from the knocks he made. “Let me in, Lu,” he said. Seconds later, he decided to open the door and it was opened. Kris was dumbfounded since he thought the door was locked. He scanned the room and found Luhan sleeping peacefully on the bed. He came closer to see him up close and then he smiled. He has that angelic face, just like Kevin… Kris thought. He ruffled Luhan’s hair carefully, so he would not wake up. “Good night, Lu…” he whispered softly and then he left the room.

 

***

 

Luhan was yawning as he awake from his sleep when he heard someone knocking on the door.

“Have you waken up, Lu?” Kris asked from the outside of his room.

“Yeah…” Luhan answered with a half-shouted tone.

“Let’s have a breakfast together! Hurry!”

Luhan was confused with Kris’ words. Have a breakfast together? Did he make the breakfast for us? He thought then he hurriedly came out of his room, not caring to change his pajamas first. He walked to the kitchen and he saw no Kris in there and no food on the dinning table.

“I want a sandwich and a cup of coffee for my breakfast, Lu…” Kris came into the kitchen after Luhan while he was fixing his tie. “And you can make anything for yours.”

Luhan sighed heavily. The job has been started… he thought then he walked to the fridge to took out of the materials. Fortunately, he could make sandwich and coffee well. This is just a piece of cake! After he had finished with the breakfast, he walked to the dinning table and put the food and the drink on it. He looked at Kris with anticipation when the latter started to take one of the sandwiches and ate it.

“It tastes so good! I love it,” Kris said as he smiled at Luhan. “Please, have some too for your breakfast, Lu.”

“Thank you,” said Luhan. He was so happy by the compliment from Kris. You did a good job!

“By the way, how old are you?” Kris asked.

“I’m gonna be twenty five this April,” Luhan replied as he munched the sandwich.

Kris choked after he heard that reply. “You must be kidding me!” he exclaimed. “You can be that old! You must be twenty or twenty one with your height and…”

“Don’t talk about my height with me!” cut Luhan as he puffed his cheeks with an upset look. “I know I’m short and you’re tall! And what’s the matter if I’m twenty four? You’ll fire me?”

“No,” Kris responded hurriedly. “I was just surprised because I thought you were younger than me. You look so young compared with your age.”

“And how old are you by the way?”

“I’ll be twenty five this December.”

It was Luhan’s turn to be dumbfounded by the answer. “No way!” he exclaimed in disbelief. “You’re taller and look older than me! You must be twenty eight or…”

Kris rolled his eyes. “I’m not that old,” he said with an upset tone. “Remember you’ve said that I was really handsome two days ago.”

Luhan’s eyes widened and his face reddened after he heard Kris’ last sentence. I admit that you’re handsome, so what? He thought irritably.

“Since we share the same age, let’s get along well!” Kris said. “I hope you can do your work well.”

“What should I do after making breakfast?” asked Luhan.

Kris was silent for a moment. “You can wash the dishes and the clothes? Just make this messy apartment clean, okay?” he said. “Ah! And don’t ever try to come into my room!”

Luhan frowned. “But how could I clean…”

“You don’t have to clean that room. I’ll take care of it.” Kris got up from his chair after that. “I need to go to work. See you at seven this evening, Lu!”

 

***

 

It was four p.m. when Luhan had finished all of his jobs. He had washed the dishes and clothes, swept and mopped the floor, ironed the clothes, and cleaned up the dust on the couch. He panted as he lay his body on the couch. How long this place never been cleaned? He grumbled. Can my life go worst after this? Shortly after that, he heard his cellphone rang in his room. He hurriedly to take it and answered the call. It was Eli.

“Hi, Lu-ge! How’re you?” Eli asked cheerfully on the other line.

“I’m doomed…” Luhan replied simply.

“Oh? Why? Did he do something bad with you?” Eli asked again with worry.

“Nooo… I’m just so tired after cleaning up the mess in this apartment,” Luhan explained. He tried not to make Eli worried about him. “By the way, can you suggest me what dish I should make for dinner?”

Eli and Luhan talked about the food for minutes and Eli ended the call after he told Luhan not to be too tired with his job which then agreed by Luhan. It was about to five o’clock when Luhan remembered he had not gone for shopping to prepare the dinner’s materials. He took his wallet from the drawer and when he was about to walked to the door, a door bell rang.

Who is that? Luhan thought confusedly. It musn’t be Kris since he said he would be home at seven, so… who is that? He hurriedly walked to the door and opened it. He frowned at his guests. There was a guy with two little boys around his leg. He’s pretty… he thought. Who is he?

“You must be Kris’ new housemaid?” asked the guy directly to Luhan and the latter only nodded in response. The guy smiled faintly as he extended his right hand to Luhan for a handshake. “Nice to meet you. I’m Kevin,” he introduced himself then he looked at the little boys around him. “And these are Tao and Sehun, Kris’ children.”

Luhan felt dizzy in a sudden. Children? Kris is married already? With whom? Then his eyes went wide. Could it be… this guy? Kevin?

 

***

how's the story so far??