You'll Always Be Mine

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : True love will never die

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Eric, are you sure about this?' 

'Yes, no matter what I'm going to make your parents accept us' 

I just smiled weakly at Eric. Eric and I have been together for years and on our 3rd year being together, Eric finally proposed. He proposed in a sweet and small event as he knew I don't like big events. In instant, I said yes because I couldn't never imagine growing old without him. 

And now, here we are standing in front of my parents house trying to ask for their blessings. We already met Eric's parents and they agreed and gave us our blessings. The problem with mine is that my dad has kept on pushing me to marry his best friend's daughter because that would improve their business connections.

'NO! I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY BLESSINGS... EVEN AFTER I'M DEAD!' Mr Shin's shouting voice could hear throughout the entire house.

Eric and Hyesung kneeled in front of Hyesung's parents before Hyesung introduced Eric as his boyfriend. Hyesung knew that his father wouldn't say yes because he didn't want a 'dark' future for Hyesung. His mum on the other hand didn't mind Hyesung being gay.

'But why dad?! I love him and he loves me! I don't see any problem with it! Genders DON'T matter!' Hyesung fought back but all he got as a respond was a hard slap from Mr Shin. All Eric, Hyesung and his mum were shocked by it as Mr Shin is never that type of person who would raise his hand to someone.

Seeing his lover got hurt by someone he loves, Eric clenched his fist and trying to respond with a very calm tone, 'I don't mean to be rude, Mr Shin but what Hyesung said was right. I love him and he loves me. And no matter what you said, whether you agree or not, I would still be with him'

Eric stood up and pulled Hyesung with him. Together, they walked out the door ignoring Hyesung's parents shouts. Back in their apartment, Eric kept on apologising to Hyesung saying that he made a first bad impression in front of H's parents. Hyesung chuckled and caressed Eric's cheeks.

'It's okay, Eric. As long as we're together' Hyesung smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

'Forever, babe' Eric hugged Hyesung tightly.

(A week later)

'Eric-ah, I'm home~' Hyesung chirped happily when he entered the apartment but Eric didn't respond. Hyesung looked around the apartment and saw a letter on the table.

'Hyesung, by the time you read this, I am gone. Forever. I don't have any feelings towards you anymore and I hope that you would find a better person than me. I'm sorry and goodbye Shin Hyesung'

Hyesung's heart beats so fast and he started running around the apartment only to find that all Eric's items were gone. No sign of Eric at all. Hyesung couldn't understand what happened and next thing he knew, he fainted.

Next day he woke up, he saw all his family members including his cousin, Junjin. He asked about Eric's whereabout but they didn't answer. Instead Mr Shin asked that he was right when he said Hyesung shouldn't be with Eric.

The first few weeks was very hard for Hyesung. He felt like half of his soul was dead. His parents, especially his father kept on pestering Hyesung to get married and obviously Hyesung said no because he still believed that Eric would come back. But he didn't, not after 2 months.

Junjin was always there for Hyesung and he kept giving courage to Hyesung and told him to get himself together and don't be weak. Junjin told Hyesung to be strong and showed to Eric that Hyesung could survive and be stronger without Eric.

Lastly, Hyesung had managed to calm his feelings even though his feelings for Eric won't fade away. Therefore, he decided to listen to his father which was to get married. Junjin told Hyesung that it was the best way to forget about Eric and Hyesung just nodded weakly.

(3 years later)

Hyesung has become the CEO of his father company and Junjin is his right man. The relationship going on between Hyesung and his wife was okay but not as great as his relationship with Eric before. Even though he is married, he still couldn't forget about Eric and didn't tell anyone about his feelings including to Junjin.

For his company's anniversary, the staffs have decided to throw a party like they always did. Hyesung always skipped the party but this time, Junjin has forced him to stay which he complied. The performance and atmosphere was good, not until the last performance.

When Hyesung heard the intro song, he immediately knew the song. It was Heaven Knows by Rick Price. He wanted to walk away from there because he hated that song but was stopped by Junjin.

'Let me go Junjin. I hate this song' Hyesung hissed and glared at his cousin.

'No, stay hyung. You cannot run from this song forever' 

Junjin knew that this song is very sentimental to Hyesung as this song reminded him of Eric. They always sang this song especially when Eric forced Hyesung to sing it to him. Not wanting any tears to drop, Hyesung blinked his eyes and forced himself to stay.

Hyesung's heart was about to rip off when he saw the singer who was going to sing the song. He turned his heels and walked away and took a few breath at the balcony. He clenched his fist and punched the wall near him. He heard footsteps behind him and judging from the sound, he recognised the owner.

'WHAT THE HELL JUNJIN?! Why did you invite him?! I don't want to see him!!' Hyesung shouted without looking at him.

'H-Hyung' Junjin walked closer to him and tried to pat his shoulder but Hyesung pushed him away.

'DON'T TOUCH ME!!'

'Listen to me hyung! I have to tell you something!'

'WHAT?!' Hyesung turned around and glared at Junjin with a cold expression.

'When you got the letter when Eric hyung left you, all the things he said was a lie. He loved you hyung and he still does. When I found out that he was going to perform today, I know I couldn't say no because it was time for you to know the truth' 

'What truth?' Hyesung asked. His tone was a bit softer than before.

'Your dad threatened him to leave you. If he didn't, your dad will send you away. Away from Eric, away from Korea. Your dad promised that he will make your life and Eric's miserable that he won't give you a single cent. By that, Eric knew that he needed to leave you even though it kills him. Because he knew that you love your family too much and they are your first priority'

'How did you know about it?' Hyesung asked with his teary eyes.

'Because Eric told me to meet him on the day he left you. He made me promise to keep an eye on you and to make you forgot about him. But I broke the promise. You can't forget about him, don't you. Even though you don't say anything to me or anyone' 

Hyesung's eyes widen at the revelation. He was too shocked that he unconsciously punched Junjin on his cheek. 

'Why didn't you tell me?! Why did you make me suffer?!' Hyesung shouted furiously.

'Because Eric knows that you would stupid things like running away from your family!' Junjin yelled back.

Hyesung stopped his motion as what Junjin said was true. Hyesung has always been that type of guy who would act first before thinking carefully, unlike Eric.

Junjin sighed at his cousin and patted his back softly, 'Just come in after you cool down. All this happened was not you and Eric's fault'

After spending 15 minutes alone at the balcony, Hyesung decided to go in and forced himself to watch the performance. Hyesung decided to stand far from the crowd but still could see Eric clearly. Eric's face hasn't changed much, just that he becomes much more handsomer. 

When he looked at Eric who was standing on the stage, his heart thumped just like the first time he met the older guy. Only God knows how much he misses Eric as how hurt it is for him not being able to say those words.

When Eric started singing, Hyesung slowly closed his eyes. He started tearing up as he reminiscing his memories with Eric and how he betrayed Eric by getting married. He quickly wiped his tears when Eric finished his song. Unknown to him, Eric saw everything, right when Hyesung walked into the room.

(After the performance)

Hyesung saw Eric and his band packing up their stuffs. And when he made eye contact with Eric, he shifted his gaze immediately. But Eric continued staring at him and slowly made his way to Hyesung.

'Hello there' Eric smiled and greeted Hyesung.

'H-Hello'

'How have you been?'

'G-Good' Hyesung still couldn't look into Eric's eyes.

Looking at the terrified Hyesung, Eric is hurt but he remained patient. This is the only chance he can talk to the younger guy.

'How is your marriage?' 

Hearing that question, Hyesung clenched his fist and he didn't know where he got the courage, but he looked up and stared directly into Eric's eyes.

'Why didn't you tell me? Why did you make me suffer? Where have you been? Don't you miss me? Or have you already forgotten about me?' 

Hyesung shot him with hundreds of questions that he didn't realise that he was tearing up. He tensed up when he felt Eric hugging him, but a second later he calmed down and relaxed.

'Why Eric? Even though you disappeared, I miss you. Why didn't you contact me?' Hyesung said softly.

'Because I was a coward and an idiot guy. We were both young that time and I couldn't fight for our relationship. Instead I listened to your father and ran away. I traveled around the world just to forget about you but I can't. Especially when you are my fate. But I stop myself from reaching out for you because I knew about your marriage. I don't blame you for it, I blame myself because I didn't have the courage to make you mine' Eric explained with a calm tone but Hyesung could sense Eric too was about tear up but was resisting it.

'Where are you going after this?' Hyesung pulled himself slowly from the hug.

'I'm going to stay here. I had enough travelling for now'

'Oh okay' Hyesung said. He didn't know what else to say.

'Eric, we got to go now!' someone from Eric's band said and gestured the older guy to hurry up.

'I guess I have to go now. Goodbye Hyesung' Eric slowly planted a kiss on Hyesung's forehead and only God knows how much he is going to miss the pretty guy.

'G-Goodbye' Hyesung stuttered, he wasn't ready to say goodbye. He prayed to God that he will meet Eric again. No matter what.

'Just know that even though we're not together, remember that you are my first and my last' Eric said before going.

Hyesung couldn't say anything and could just nodded slowly.

'You are always mine, Eric Mun' Hyesung said softly and smiled weakly. 

They bid goodbye without saying anything because they understand what the significant other wanted to say. In the car, Junjin kept on glancing at Hyesung who was looking outside the window. He sighed and decided to say something about it.

'If you guys are meant to be together, you guys will no matter how long it takes'