Feelings & A Confession

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : All it takes for Eric and Hyesung to realise their feelings for each other is an honest confession.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Wah, this is bigger than our previous dorm' all the Shinhwa members were amazed by their new home.

After gaining popularity after 2 years, Shinhwa has been able to move from their small apartment and the new apartment is nearer to their company.

'And better!' Dongwan smiled.

'Okay, so let's choose our room' Eric as the leader of the group said.

'I don't mind with anyone except Eric' Hyesung announced first.

'But Hyesungie~' Eric being clingy as usual but Hyesung immediately pushed him away.

It's pretty normal for him to be a clingy and affectionate leader because it's his natural behaviour. But it seemed that Hyesung was bothered by it but what was weird is that Hyesung seemed fine if other people cling on him. 

'I said no. I'm gonna go with Junjin. Right baby bird?' Hyesung looked at Junjin.

Junjin scratched his head and linked arms with Andy, 'Sorry hyung but I'm gonna be loyal to Andy' Junjin said. Even before they move, Junjin and Andy are roommates and they like it that way.

'Fine. Dongwan then. Eric and Minwoo can take the biggest room here and we will take the second' Hyesung said and dragged Dongwan into their room.

'Hyesungie~' Eric whined but when he said that, Hyesung shut the door and didn't bother to answer him.

Eric has already used with Hyesung being so cold with him but he didn't mind. Because he likes Hyesung from the first time he laid his eyes on him. More than friends. He wanted to ask Hyesung why does he hates him so much but the younger guy just shrugged and said he's not good with people. Therefore Eric just let him be.

'Fine. Let's go Minwoo' Eric managed to fake a smile but Minwoo knew the meaning behind the smile. He has been friends with Eric the longest even before they debut. But Minwoo decided not to step in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'For the last performance, I have invited a special guest. It was Eric's idea' the director said during their last meeting together for tomorrow's concert.

'Who is it hyung?' Dongwan asked.

'Jung Yoomi' Eric smiled.

'Wah, someone is making progress' Junjin smirked.

It's true that after Eric's drama ended, he and his co-star still contacted each other and Eric thought that why not if they wanted to reenact the scene from their drama for the performance tomorrow.

Hyesung who was quiet the whole time suddenly stood up and said, 'I'm going to the toilet, excuse me' and beneath his breath, he hissed 'She's nothing special' but unknown to him, the maknae heard him.

'And someone's being jealous' Andy smirked.

'What did you say Andy?' Minwoo who was sitting beside him asked.

'Oh, nothing hyung' Andy shook his head. 

To Hyesung, that was the worst performance that he ever perform. Especially when he saw the 'lovey dovey' scene where Eric kissed Jung Yoomi's lips at the end of the concert. 

'It wasn't suppose to be like that, the deal was that Eric has to kiss her forehead only. Her FOREHEAD, not freaking LIPS!' Hyesung cursed as he walked behind the backstage and halted when he saw another disgusting-but-sweet scene in front of him. 

He managed to act cool and just walked pass by Eric and Yoomi after saying hi. The only thing that he wants to do right now is to take a shower and sleep early. 

Suddenly...

'Hyesungie~ Wait for me' Eric hugged him.

'No, I wanted I go back early. Just go and continue kissing your girlfriend' Hyesung hissed.

Eric was amused by his sudden frustrations, usually Hyesung seemed cool about it. He started grinning like a child.

'Is my Hyesungie jealous?'

Hyesung stiffened, 'Jealous is not in my dictionary and don't dare to claim me as yours. I would never want to be with someone like you' Hyesung said and walked out from the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Can you stop for once Eric?! Grow up! We're at a music video for God's sake' Hyesung shouted and luckily there was no one in the room besides Eric and him.

'Can you act like a leader for once and stop being so clingy?! It annoys me too much and I've to put up with your immature behaviour for 4 years now! I had enough!' Hyesung unloaded his frustration.

Eric was stunned by Hyesung's sudden outburst. He didn't know how to react, he was hurt but he didn't want to cry. He knows that that he annoys Hyesung but he just wanted his attention. And during that time, he realised his mistake and it was going to affect the group if Hyesung suddenly wanted to quit because of him.

'I-Is that what you feel all this times?' Eric responded but Hyesung didn't say anything.

'I'm sorry Hyesung, I didn't know that you're so annoyed with my behaviour. I will stop' Eric bowed apologetically and went out from the room.

After Eric was gone, Hyesung went straight to the toilet and cried quietly while cursing himself.

'What the hell Hyesung? You should said like that to Eric, you shouldn't. Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you have to say those mean stuffs' Hyesung scolded himself.

Yes, Hyesung admitted that he was jealous seeing Eric with someone else. Especially when Eric has been chosen to be the lead actor for their new music video and there are a little bit of intimacy in it. 

'But it's okay, I'm sure things will get better just like always' Hyesung tried to assure himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day...

'Oh good morning hyung, come and sit for breakfast. Eric hyung is cooking today' Junjin said and gestured him to sit beside him.

'I want to take orange juice from the fridge first' Hyesung then went inside the kitchen and saw Eric who was frying some eggs.

Hyesung purposely did his actions as slowly as possible so that Eric would notice him. Eric did but he only said, 'Good morning Hyesung, breakfast's ready' Eric smiled and left.

Hyesung was speechless at that time because usually Eric would jumped on him if Hyesung come into the kitchen. But not today. Nevertheless, Hyesung just shrugged it off and assumed that Eric must have been tired because of their album preparations.

When he sat down, he saw Eric who was joking around with the rest of the members as if nothing happened and much to his surprise, Eric sat in between Minwoo and Dongwan which is a bit unusual. 

The whole day Eric was ignoring Hyesung but sometimes the older guy would talk to him but not in his usual playful tone. Hyesung thought that he felt relieve that Eric has leave him alone but he was dead wrong. He was miserable as . When he asked Minwoo if Eric said anything, Minwoo just shrugged his shoulder as Eric didn't tell him anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric's POV

During practice just now, Hyesung seemed okay and he looked much better that I have not disturb or bothered him. It hurts me inside but I want the best for Hyesung which is to give him some space.

We talked but not like usual, more like not my kind of usual. But hey, at least it didn't affect my group since it's just between Hyesung and I. Since the day Hyesung became furious, I always being cautious around him just to make sure that he doesn't become angry.

But unfortunately, I couldn't seem to move on and I still have feelings for him. Uh huh. Maybe Hyesung knows about my feeling and that's why he acted like that. He feel disgusted around me! Because I like him which is a guy. Stupid me, I should've noticed earlier. 

Hyesung's POV

After the practice, we went to our usual restaurant to have dinner but I seriously don't feel like eating so I excused myself and went back to our dorm. I was tired. Not because of the practice but because of Eric who has been ignoring me for a week now.

Honestly, can't he see that I'm miserable?! He didn't even bother to ask me what's going on with me or even want to talk about our fight.

Then I felt my wet cheek and unconsciously I started crying. I blame myself for what happen because I have push away Eric too harsh. But that's not because I hate him, it was actually the other way round. I like him. No, I love him. Too much that I felt that if he keeps on being clingy to me, I couldn't resist myself.

I know that Eric's affection is for the members and that's exactly why I don't want to out my hope high because I know Eric isn't like me. He's not gay. Although I hope he is. Especially when he broke the news that he was dating an actress few months ago and obviously she's a girl. But unluckily they broke up because they aren't compatible for each other.

God, why am I so stupid?! I should've just confess to him and tell him that I don't hate him. At all. But it's too late now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day, Hyesung decided to fix the situation. He called Eric after practice and said that he needed to talk. 

'Eric, we need to talk' Hyesung said after they were alone.

'Okay' he sat down and I followed him.

'What happened us? You've been ignoring me for a week now'

He scoffed and said with frustrations, 'Excuse me? Ignoring you? You wanted space so I give it to you. And now you're telling me that I'm ignoring you? Excuse me but I'm doing this as our request and I need to respect that. You seem fine and a lot happier without me bothering you' 

'Happier? Yah Eric Mun, I'm not happy. In fact I'm so miserable that I feel like I'm in hell! All because of you!' 

'Then what am I suppose to do?! Annoy you more and make you anger! Hell no that I'm gonna do that. I don't want because of our fight, others will get affected. And if you want to hate me, HATE ME ALONE' 

'I DON'T HATE YOU STUPID! I LOVE YOU, CRAZILY, MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU! But I know that you don't feel the same way because you're not gay. The reasons why I don't want you to be clingy on me because I don't want to get my hopes up. And why I didn't want to be your roommate is because I'm afraid that I couldn't resist myself' Hyesung started sobbing and placed his palms on his face.

Eric was speechless and didn't know how to respond. He thought that he was framing because his crush of 4 years just told him that he loves him. Eric slapped himself and he thanked God that he wasn't dreaming. 

Eric crashed his lips on Hyesung's and what suppose to be sweet and light, it turned into hot and steamy. After they broke off the kiss, Eric said, 'I've also has been crazily in love with you when I first saw you' 

Hyesung was happy and relieved to hear that so he jumped onto Eric causing him to lie down on the floor.

'Eric-ah~' Hyesung said shyly while hugging Eric.

Eric was stunned to hear Hyesung's cute tone but later grinned widely, 'So can I officially claim you as mine?' Eric asked.

'Forever yours' Hyeusung smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Wah, I'm so hungry' Dongwan stomped his feet.

Shinhwa members are currently waiting for Eric to cook then dinner. It's because only Eric knows how to cook and his cookings are amazing that he could beat housewives around Seoul. 

'I'm gonna check up on him' Hyesung offered and went to the kitchen.

The rest of members talked, played games and even joked around until one of them didn't say or do anything.

'Andy-ah, what's wrong?' Junjin nudged his elbow.

'Do you notice that something is weird?' 

'Like what?'

Andy pointed towards a direction and all the members looked at an unbelievable scene in front of them. Hyesung was currently standing extremely close behind Eric and helping him with the dishes while joking around. Sometimes Hyesung would hugged Eric from the back causing Eric to turned around and smiled widely.

'Yah, is the world ending?' Dongwan whispered.

Minwoo hit his head, 'I noticed it too. Usually Hyesung would flipped out and didn't even want to go near Eric while he cook' Minwoo nodded his head slowly.

'Last time, I saw Hyesung hyung sleeping on the couch waiting for Eric to come home from his radio show' Andy added.

'Do you think what I'm thinking?' Junjin smirked and they all nodded while joining the smirk.

'Dinner's ready!' Eric announced cheerfully and place his fried rice on the table.

While they were tidying up, Hyesung and Eric who were sitting beside each other didn't seem to aware with the members' glances.

'Hyung!' Andy started.

Hey both looked up and said, 'Yeah?'

'Are you guys together or something?'

They both blushed red, 'N-No, why?'

'You guys seem like a married couple and your relationship is getting better' Dongwan grinned.

'No, it's just that we need to have a good relationship among each other' Eric tried to reason.

'Doesn't mean you have to disappear every night...' Minwoo said.

'And sneak into other people's room' Dongwan smirked.

'Or when you guys come back home together extra early' Junjin added.

'So, ARE YOU GUYS TOGETHER?' they asked simultaneously and leaned forward to Eric and Hyeusung and honestly, it made the couple feel scared by their facial expressions.

Eric and Hyesung who were blushing hard just kept quiet. Eric suddenly hold Hyesung's hands and ran inside the room and shouted.

'YAH, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK LIKE ZOMBIES TRYING TO EAT PEOPLE!!' Eric shouted from the room causing Junjin, Andy, Minwoo and Dongwan to laugh so hard.