Heartbroken Love (Part 2)

Ricsyung's Dribbles

(A few days later)

‘Welcome~’ the workers greeted as it was their usual routine to greet new customers.

A young man with a black military hat walked towards the café. The cashier didn’t see a pair of nervous eyes since he was wearing sunglasses.

‘Hello, can I take your order?’ the cashier smiled with a friendly manner.

‘Hmm… Can I have a Calmness Blue please?’ he smiled.

The cashier gave him an odd look and asked again, ‘Excuse me?’

‘I said, can I please have a Calmness Blue’ he repeated gently.

‘I’m sorry but there’s no such a drink in our café’ the cahier said apologetically.

The guy looked surprise and blushed a little due to embarrassment, ‘Oh, really… I’m sorry, I thought you have that drink. Someone I know introduced the drink to me’

‘Really? What’s her/his name?’

‘Eric. Eric Mun’ he smiled faintly.

The cashier snapped his fingers and smiled, ‘That’s our owner’s name. Would you like to meet him?’

The guy immediately shook his hands, ‘It’s okay, I don’t want to bother him. Just give me one green tea’

‘Nah, it’s fine~ Just take a seat and order later’ the cashier and quickly left him to go to Eric’s office.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Hyung? Someone just dropped by and he knows you’

Eric who was talking to Andy turned to Junjin who just walked inside.

‘Really? Did you ask him for his name?’

‘I forgot… But he somewhat asked for a drink called Calmness Blue. Did we have new drinks, hyung?’ Junjin blinked his eyes.

Eric immediately stood up as he knew who Junjin was talking about. He looked at Andy and smiled, ‘Today is your lucky day, Andy. Follow me!’ he dragged Andy and went out from the office with Junjin following behind.

‘See that guy over there?’ Eric pointed when he saw Hyesung who was sitting at the same table as the last time.

‘Yeah..?’ he blankly nodded his head.

‘I know you’re going to like him’ he smiled as he dragged Andy towards the table. Andy gave a questioning look to his boyfriend who stood behind them before turning his attention to the said table.

‘Hello!’ Eric said cheerfully.

The guy who was playing his phone looked up and smiled pleasantly at Eric, ‘Oh, hello… I’m sorry for making you come out from your office’ he apologised.

‘Don’t worry about it, Hyesung. Hmm, I want to introduce you to someone. He’s my favourite dongsaeng’ Eric patted Andy’s back proudly.

‘H-Hyesung..?’ Andy pronounced his name.

‘Hello, I’m Shin Hyesung. You’re Lee Andy, right. The new actor’ Hyesung remarked.

Andy’s face turned red and he shamelessly sat across Hyesung before bombarding him with a lot of questions, ‘You’re the DJ for Dream Night right?! Do you know me?! Oh gosh, I can’t believe that I can finally meet you! Did you become Eric hyung’s friend after the filming?! Was he being a bastard?! I mean, he can be a cold person sometimes but he’s nice’

Before Andy could ask more questions, Eric shut his mouth and sent him away by having Junjin come and dragged him away.

‘I’m sorry for his behaviour. Let’s just pretend I didn’t say about the favourite dongsaeng part’ Eric apologised and took the seat where Andy was seating.

Hyesung chuckled lightly, ‘It’s okay. He was the first person who talk to me like that. I’m sure he is a total fan’

‘You can’t imagine’ Eric sighed.

‘Anyway, I asked about your drink just now and they said they don’t serve it. Why?’ Hyesung asked.

‘Ahhhh… It’s because it was never in the menu. I made it up’ Eric explained.

‘Too bad it’s a good drink’ Hyesung sighed sadly.

‘You like it?’ Eric asked eagerly.

‘No, I love it’ he smiled shyly.

‘Well then, I shall suggest the idea to my friend. He is the co-owner of this café’

That was when Eric started telling Hyesung about how he came up with an idea about opening up a café and at the same time, Hyesung told him about when he first started becoming a DJ announcer. They talked and talked until it was time for Hyesung to go to work and even though they didn’t want to say goodbye and kept talking, they knew they couldn’t.

‘Wait here…’ Eric stopped Hyesung from going.

After 10 minutes, Eric came out with a drink in his hand.

‘This is for you’ he gave it to Hyesung.

‘You don’t have to! I don’t want a free drink from you again’ Hyesung said as he observed the content of the drink.

‘It’s fine, really. I insist. Next time you come, I’ll promise to make sure that you’ll pay’ Eric smiled.

Hyesung smiled and nodded in agreement, ‘So, is it a new creation of yours?’

‘Yup, I called it Passionate Red’ Eric smiled proudly.

‘I can’t wait to taste it later. Thanks, Eric! Oh yeah, and this is something for you too. It was nice talking to you and I’ll make sure to come again’ Hyesung gave him a piece of small paper.

‘Okay! Bye, Hyesung…’ Eric waved goodbye and watched as Hyesung exited the café.

When he came to the bar, all eyes were on him.

‘What?’ Eric frowned when he saw a sly smile on his friends’ face.

‘You actually know him wayyyyyy before the filming, right hyung?’ Andy interrogated.

‘Maybe, maybe not…’ Eric shrugged his shoulder and made his way to his office.

‘Hyung~~~’ Andy whined loudly but Eric didn’t care to look behind. As soon as the door closed, he smiled happily at the paper Hyesung gave earlier. It was his numbers and immediately Eric saved it to his phone.

(Next week)

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Hyung, that guy comes again’ Junjin announced when he went inside Eric’s office.

Eric who was doing some paperworks immediately stopped and went out to greet his special customer.

‘Ah, let our friendly owner attend you, Mr Hyesung’ Minwoo who was being a cashier said when he saw Eric standing behind him. He quickly left his friend alone with Hyesung.

‘Hello, you came back!’ Eric remarked happily.

‘I told you I’m going to come, didn’t I’ he raised his eyebrows.

‘Right…’ Eric chuckled embarrassingly.

‘Hmm, Eric… Is it possible if I order your milkshake but you change it to the drinks you made for me’

Eric grinned proudly as Hyesung loved the drinks he made, ‘Of course! You are my first client remember’ he playfully winked at the announcer.

‘Thank you…’ Hyesung smiled sheepishly. After he made his payment, he made his way to his usual table. Even though it was the same table where his ex broke up with him, but it changed into something more sweet which when he first had one on one talk with Eric.

‘Here you go… Emerald Health’ Eric served him a drink in green.

‘You look really tired, so I figure that you should drink something healthy but at the same time, energising’ Eric explained.

‘I have one question for you. What did you put inside here? It is so good, I tried to go other fruit juice shops but they aren’t as good as yours’ Hyesung complimented as he drank the drink.

Eric put his index finger on his lips, ‘Shhh, it’s a secret okay. I put love inside it’ he joked.

‘Ha ha, I really can taste the love’ Hyesung played along.

‘Yah, I’m talking seriously!’ Eric sulked.

‘I am serious!’ Hyesung laughed and continued, ‘Eric… Why didn’t you call me? I waited for you to call but you never called. I wanted to call… But I was shy’ Hyesung shyly expressed his feelings as he looked away.

Eric’s eyes widen and he found it cute to see Hyesung like that. He had been wanting to call the younger guy but he was too nervous and scared. He didn’t want to be a bother to Hyesung especially when he was busy with work and he didn’t want to look lame in front of the younger guy.

‘I-I wanted to but I don’t have the courage to do so’

‘What? Why? Am I too scary?’ Hyesung blinked his eyes innocently.

‘No! It’s just that I’m nervous, I don’t want you to see me as a weirdo’

‘Aish, everyone is weird in their own way’ he pouted.

Seeing Hyesung pouted, he asked, ‘Well, can I call you tomorrow?’

Hyesung looked at him, ‘Why can’t you call me tonight?’ he replied.

‘B-Because I don’t want to disturb you at work’

‘Then, call me at 9. An hour before my show starts’ he suggested.

‘Will it be okay?’

‘Of course. I will waiting, Eric’ he said casually as he took another sip from the drink.

‘I promise’ he smiled.

As usual, Hyesung would excuse himself as he got other things to do. He reminded Eric about the call that night and Eric had make a mental reminder in his brain.

(That night)

‘Eric, we’re going back first’ Minwoo announced as they were done with all the cleaning.

‘Alright~ See you tomorrow!’ Eric waved his hands to Minwoo, Dongwan and Junjin.

‘Hyung, don’t sleep here okay’ Junjin said as it was a habit of Eric to sleep at the café.

‘Okay~’

It was nearly to 9 and Eric’s heart was beating fast. He knew that he needed to call Hyesung since Hyesung left the café that evening and he was waiting for 9pm to come and it finally did. He searched for Hyesung’s number and pressed call.

‘Hello?’ the other line picked up.

‘H-Hello…’ Eric timidly replied.

‘I’m sorry but who am I talking to?’

‘Hi, Hyesung. This is Eric, I’m here to fulfil my promise’ Eric said as he tried to calm himself down.

‘Oh, Eric! I’ve been waiting for your call. I thought that you forgot’

Eric knew that Hyesung might be pouting, judging from his tone.

‘Of course not… I’m not the type who breaks promise easily’

‘So, what are you doing?’

‘Just closing down the café. My plan is to have a nice bath and sleep’ Eric replied as he made his way to his car.

‘Have you eaten your dinner?’

‘I’m too lazy. Tomorrow I’ll eat’ Eric put his phone on Bluetooth and started driving home.

‘What? You should never skip dinner especially when you’re a working guy. It’s not good for your health, you’ll get sick easily’ Hyesung nagged. He was at the studio reading his script for the broadcast later.

‘Okay, mum. I’ll eat a light snack after I get back home’ Eric smiled at Hyesung’s caring attitude.

‘Yah, I just don’t want you to be sick. I’m not your mum’ Hyesung protested.

‘Okay boss’ he chuckled lightly and continued, ‘And what are you doing?’

‘Just reading the script, it’s boring to read the same thing over and over again’

‘Just like when you’re in high school’ Eric commented.

‘Exactly’ he snapped his fingers.

Then, Eric could hear someone talking to Hyesung.

‘Hyesung-sshi, let’s start practicing now’

‘Oh okay’

When Hyesung got back to the phone, Eric said, ‘Well, it’s time to say goodbye. Good luck for the broadcast later and don’t work too hard. Or else, you’ll be the one who falls sick’ Eric advised him.

‘Araso~’ Hyesung nodded understandingly.

‘So, can I call you again tomorrow?’ Eric took the courage to ask.

‘Yes, I’ll be waiting’ Hyesung smiled sheepishly at Eric’s question.

‘Talk to you tomorrow, Hyesung…’ he said warmly.

‘Okay, bye Eric’ he replied.

Before Eric going to bed, he spent his time listening to Hyesung’s show and he loved how Hyesung sounded in the radio. It was so calming and sooting which made it perfect for him to fall asleep.

Therefore, that was a start of a close friendship between Eric and Hyesung. They would talk to each other everyday and every week, Hyesung would drop by at Eric’s café for awhile to have a drink. Also, Eric too had been Hyesung’s loyal fan by listening to his broadcast everyday. And, Hyesung had been reminding Eric to put the drinks he made for Hyesung into the menu but the older guy just didn’t want to.

‘But why, Eric? It would help your sales performance’ Hyesung said as he couldn’t see the harm of it. At least, from his point of view.

‘I don’t know… Maybe because it’s quite special for me’ he said quietly but Hyesung heard him and he smiled faintly.

‘I think it’s not the time yet. Right?’ Hyesung looked at Eric.

Eric smiled at him and nodded, ‘Yup, not the time yet. But it will for sure’