A Bet

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : Everyone agrees that Hyesung would be a perfect ideal boyfriend. And one day, Minwoo made a bet on who can make Hyesung agrees on a date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Sometimes I wish I am him' 

Junjin sighed when he saw his friend, Hyesung who was surrounded by fan girls. Did he mention crazy? Yeah, crazy fan girls. Shin Hyesung was the president of karate club and a very popular senior student. He had the looks, the brain and everything everyone could wanted.

'You would lose your mind in a day. I don't even know how he can manage it' Hyesung's other friend, Dongwan said.

But Dongwan said was true. It was a torturing life if you had Hyesung's school life. Everyday, fan girls would chased him around with gifts in their hands. Don't even mention when it came to Valentine's Day or other significant day. 

'Sorry, I'm late. I was...' Hyesung finally came to his friends' table and sat down. He took Junjin's mineral bottle and gulped it down until it was empty.

'We understand' Dongwan smiled understandingly.

'Like always huh' Junjin smirked.

(On the other table)

Then, they heard another shout in glee when the Student President came into the cafeteria. Another group of fan girls came running towards the student like pirañas ready to eat.

'Oh boy, this is getting boring' Minwoo sighed as he watched his childhood friend trying to make his way to his table.

'That's the consequences of becoming the Student President' Andy who was also his friend replied. 

'And President of Karate Club too' Minwoo looked over at Hyesung's table.

'You know... I would like to date him' Andy said while looking at Hyesung.

'Believe it or not, me too' Minwoo nodded.

'They really need to stop and focus more on studying' Eric sighed as he slumped himself on the chair.

The Student President was Eric Mun. No one can decide who was more popular ; Hyesung or Eric because they were just the same. They both were president of their respective clubs, both have brains and looks. 

The only difference was that Eric was from a rich family, he was an athlete and lastly his personality was different than Hyesung as Eric was more reserved and quiet. Hyesung on the other hand was musically talented (mother is a retired musical actress, father is a popular music producer) and was nicknamed Angle From Sky due to his kind and easygoing personality.

Even though all of them were in different classes but some classes they were together. For an example like the class after recess. But only Hyesung was in different class than them.

The teacher didn't arrived yet in the class so the students have plenty of time to do their own things. Behind the class, a group of friends were chit-chatting about someone.

'Let's make a bet' Minwoo mischievously suggested an idea.

'What bet?'

'Who could ask Hyesung to go on a date wins' Minwoo smirked widely.

'Yah! What makes you think he would say yes?' Junjin frowned at the bet.

'That's what a bet is for, dumb' he rolled his eyes.

'Bet? Did anyone say bet?' a voice suddenly appeared from behind.

When they all looked behind, they groaned in annoyance. A girl with a sweet innocent look looked at them with bright eyes. Never get fool of her face because behind those pretty look was a devil who was loud and had tomboy-ish character.

'Of course, she would listen whenever she hears the word bet' Andy sighed.

'Yes, Hana. A bet. Wanna join?' Dongwan asked lazily.

'What about?'

'Who can ask Hyesung on a date?'

'ASA!' she clapped her hands in satisfaction. 

Hana loved to bet especially when now, it was about her crush, Shin Hyesung. She known the guy since 2 years ago when she joined the karate club. She kept on harassing Hyesung openly saying that she likes Hyesung. But nevertheless they were still good friends.

'I'm in!' she said loudly.

They didn't realised that Eric was coming towards their group.

'In what?' Eric raised his eyebrows.

Everyone was looking at each other as if trying to tell them not to tell Eric about anything. But as usual, Hana didn't seem to understand the meaning.

'Oh! It's just a bet on who can make Hyesung as his/her date. Wanna join?' she said with an excited expression.

Everyone felt like killing Hana and it made Junjin hit her head lightly, 'YAH!' he said in annoyance.

'What? I was just asking' she pouted.

'A bet huh...' Eric's tone was calm yet there was stern in it.

'Aww, come on! There's no harm in it...' Minwoo tried to persuade him. That was also one of the reason why they didn't want to include Eric in it. The guy was too scary to handle.

'I didn't say anything... What's the minimum?' Eric asked casually as he saw next to Minwoo.

Everyone was confused until Minwoo knew that Eric might be interested with the bet.

'10'

'That's low' Eric scoffed lighty.

'Yah, we're not rich like you!' Hana retorted.

'Make it 15. And don't join if you're broke' he smirked at the glaring Hana.

'Call!' Minwoo snapped his finger. He really liked it if his friend was being fun.

'I say 15' Hana said weakly.

'17' Eric raised his hand up.

'Eyy, that's low. 20 for me' Dongwan sneered.

'Fine, 20 too' Eric rolled his eyes.

'I don't have money but I'll bet. 17' the maknae said.

'22 for me too' 

'25!' Minwoo placed the highest bet as he slammed the table proudly.

'Someone's cocky. You're sure about this?' Eric looked at him intensely.

Minwoo scoffed loudly, 'Please, no one can resist the charming Minwoo. You'll see...' he said confidently.

'But Eric... Why do you want to bet? You're not that close to Hyesung...' Hana suddenly became curious.

'No reason, it seems interesting' Eric shrugged his shoulder.

But what Hana said was true. They never saw Eric and Hyesung so close together. Sure, they talked and walked together but they never close like how Eric was close to Andy and Minwoo and Hyesung was close to Junjin and Dongwan. 

'When do we start?' Andy asked.

'Tomorrow' Dongwan suggested.

'Okay. In a week. Everyone must present when one of us ask Hyesung ' Minwoo said.

'CALL!' everyone said out loud.

(With Hana)

They really wanted to win the bet that they created a group on Whatsapp.

Hana : Guys, come to the training place now! I'm going to ask Hyesung out *smirking*

'I'm going now' Hana announced when everyone gathered behind the place.

'Do you need some tissues for your defeat?' Junjin mocked.

Hana scoffed, 'Yah, this is Hana. Lee Hana! I'm going to win for sure'

'We'll see' Minwoo said and gestured Hana to go now.

Inside the training place, everyone could see Hyesung cooking down his body before cleaning up the place. Hana gave a nod to them before going in.

'Hyesung-ah~' Hana chirped happily.

'Oh Hana! I thought you went back home already' 

Hana waved her hands cutely, 'No, I was waiting for you actually' she smiled widely.

'Me? Do you need help?' Hyesung blinked his eyes in confusion.

Hana took a deep breath and started her dramatic act, 'Hyesung-ah, you know that I like you for a long time right...' she started.

'I do and I already told you I don't feel the same way' he smiled apologetically.

She nodded in understanding, 'I know but before I could end my feelings towards you, can you please do me a favour?' 

'If I can, I'll help' 

'Let's go on a date with me. Pleaseee~' she pleaded that she already on her knees.

Hyesung was totally taken aback by her words. The other were holding their laughter at the poor girl.

'E-Eh?'

'Just a normal date! Like walk around the park and have some nice chat' she said rather desperately with watery eyes. In her head wasn't about to have Hyesung's feelings but rather to win the bet.

'Hmm...' 

Before Hyesung could say anything, Hana grabbed both Hyesung's hands tightly and looked at him with wide eyes. Hyesung didn't have the heart to say a direct no, so he made Hana stood up first.

'Hana-ah, I don't think going on a date is a good idea... Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone better than me and that's when you can go on a date. You understand right?' Hyesung explained cautiously, not wanting to break Hana's heart.

He expected Hana to cry harder but he didn't expect Hana wiped her eyes and said, 'It's okay, forget about it. I know I won't win'

'Win?' Hyesung asked with confusion.

Hana quickly shut when she realised she slipped her words to Hyesung, 'Nothing! Bye bye, Hyesung. Don't worry, I don't like you anymore' she said casually before leaving the place.

Hana said after she leave, 'Fine fine, I admit defeat'

'Asa! 1 down 4 more to go' Minwoo said with a smug look on his face.

'Cocky bastard' everyone said in unison and rolled their eyes.

(With Junjin)

It was P.E subject and their classes combined together, mainly because the teachers were too lazy to teach. Junjin had said that he will asked Hyesung out during the class.  

A loud shriek was heard throughout the gym, 'AWW, HYESUNG-AH! WE'RE FRIENDS RIGHT?!' Junjin said as he followed Hyesung around.

'We are and I don't intend dating my friend' Hyesung shrugged his shoulder.

'Let's just pretend going on a date!' Junjin suggested.

He immediately halted his steps when Hyesung turned around just to glare at him.

'What did you say?' Hyesung asked calmly.

Junjin started chuckling awkwardly, 'I said if you don't want to date me, let's pretend. We don't have to be real' he cautiously chose his words.

Everyone stayed silence when Hyesung tackled Junjin down causing Junjin to yelp in pain loudly.

'Ok ok, we don't have to pretend. Let's just pretend this never happened' Junjin tried to release himself from Hyesung's wrath.

Hyesung finally let him go and smiled, 'Good, I like that idea. We shall never speak of it again' he softly threatened.

The karate club president noticed Eric, Minwoo and Dongwan were looking at the scene with their eyes widen. While Andy and Hana (they sat separately from Eric, Minwoo and Dongwan) were laughing out loud and said that Junjin deserved it.

X

'Junho-sshi, I have made some changes in the report. Can you check them if you have time?' Eric said to his Student Secretary while handing him a file.

'Sure! Hmm... Are you going to the club meeting now?' Junho asked with a smile.

'The meeting is cancelled'

Junho nodded in understanding, 'So only your club and Art Club then...' he muttered.

'Others?'

'Still going on as usual'

'I see... Thanks, Junho-sshi. See you tomorrow' Eric smiled as he leave the council room.

He took out his phone to text someone. After getting a reply, he smiled and exited the school compound. It took him about 10 minutes until he reached a daycare centre.

'Hello, my name is Eric Mun and I want to pick up my brother' he bowed politely to the caretaker who welcomed him at the door.

'What's your brother's name?' 

'Mino' 

'I'm sorry but...'

Before she could continued, a loud shout was heard. Then, a small boy around 3 came running towards Eric with his big brown eyes.

'ERIC HYUNG!' Mino jumped into him.

'Mino-ah~ Long time no see' Eric kissed his cubby cheeks softly.

'I miss you' he took the chance to pout cutely.

'I miss you too... Excuse me, miss, but can I take him home now?' Eric looked at the caretaker.

'But you're not his brother' she cautiously said.

Mino glared at the caretaker and wrapped his small arms around Eric's neck possessively, 'Eric hyung is my brother! I can go home with him!' 

'Let me call...'

Once again, the caretaker was interrupted by the owner of the centre.

'What's going on here?' the owner looked at the caretaker and then looked at Eric and Mino. Her face lit up as she recognised Eric.

'Ah, Eric-sshi, are you picking up Mino?' she asked.

'Yes...' he bowed politely.

'Okay then. Mino-ah, we'll see you tomorrow okay' she smiled widely at the kid.

'Okay! Bye bye' Mino waved his hands after giving a quick peck on her cheek.

It had been awhile since Eric picked Mino up and he didn't get tired carrying the little boy all the way home.

'Eric hyung, why didn't you come and play with me?' he pouted sadly.

'I came last week, Mino-ah. Didn't you remember?'

'But you didn't play with me!' he pouted more.

'I'm sorry, Mino-ah... Next time I come to your house, I'll definitely play with you first' he cooed.

Mino took out his pinky finger and said, 'Promise?'

Eric chuckled lightly and grasped his own pinky finger, 'Pinky promise'

'Tell your brother he owes me for picking you up' Eric said before he put Mino down.

'Aye aye, captain!' he gave a salute to Eric.

Eric laughed lightly at his cuteness and leave when Mino's mum opened the door to greet him. He smiled politely to her and told her that his mum sent her regards to her.

X

(With Andy)

Andy, Junjin and Hyesung were in the same class together, so the chances of Andy winning was quite high. Since others' classes have free period, they were allowed to go to the library or just stay in class for self-study. Junjin excused himself to go to the toilet where actually he wanted to meet up with the rest, just outside of his class.

'Shh, keep quiet!' Hana hissed when Junjin and Minwoo were being loud.

'Hyesung' Andy called softly when he sat beside Hyesung.

'What is it, Andy?' Hyesung asked with concern.

Everyone knew that Hyesung had a soft spot for Andy as he was the cute maknae.

'Do you want to go out with me after school later?' Andy smiled awkwardly.

'Sure! Have you asked Junjin?' 

Andy started to nibble his fingers and shook his head. He hated when he had to lie to Hyesung.

'If you don't mind, can we go out just the two of us?'

Hyesung was stunned, 'Andy-ah, did you fight with Junjin?'

Andy's eyes widen, 'What?! No, of course not!' 

'Then, why? Didn't you tell me you have a crush on Junjin... What happened now?' 

Andy quickly shut Hyesung's mouth, 'Yah, don't say it too loud!' he hissed but unfortunately the rest of the gang heard him.

'Andy-ah, are you trying to avoid him? You really should tell him about your feelings... You know, everytime he's with me and Dongwan, he always talked about you' Hyesung gave a sincere smile.

That time, both Andy and Junjin were blushing hard. Knowing that Andy was defeated, he quickly excused himself leaving Hyesung confused.

'I lose, guys' Andy mumbled sadly. 

He didn't dare to look at Junjin because he was afraid if they might heard their conversation. The others also didn't say anything about it as they believed it was Junjin's and Andy's personal matter.

'Excuse us' Junjin suddenly said.

'W-Wait!' Andy was confused when he was suddenly dragged by the older guy.

Minwoo sighed in happiness, 'At least, Andy got a better happy ending' he said causing them to nod in agreement.

(With Dongwan)

'Hyesung, what are you doing?' Dongwan walked up to him during recess break.

'Eating..?' Hyesung held up his sandwich.

'Cool...' he nodded as he was thinking how to ask Hyesung out.

Hyesung raised his eyebrows and asked, 'What do you want, Dongwan?'

Junjin who was sitting together with them trying hard not to sneered nor laughed.

'Are you going to the Moon Festival?' Dongwan asked.

Moon Festival was a festival season where all the people in the country celebrated. It was said that all your prayers and wishes would be heard as the angels from the sky came down to Earth. But they only granted them during the perfect full moon.

'Maybe. Why?'

'Do you want to go with me? Junjin and Andy are going together. Hana is going with Minwoo' Dongwan explained.

'Eric..?' Hyesung tried to suggest.

'He likes to go alone' 

Hyesung smiled awkwardly and scratched his head, 'I'm sorry, Dongwan but I'm going with my brother. But you still could come with us' he cautiously said.

Dongwan cursed inside his head and casually replied, 'Nah, it's okay...'

Dongwan glared at the smirking Junjin when the younger guy gave a signal to the rest of them who were sitting not far from their table.

'So, it's just between you and me, Eric. Don't cry if you lose' Minwoo mocked as he patted Eric's back.

Eric smirked and looked at Minwoo with challenging eyes, 'That was supposed to be my line. And do you want me to prepare some tissues for you?' 

'Ha ha, very funny' Minwoo rolled his eyes.

(With Minwoo)

Everyone found out that Hyesung was in the library, so they went to the respective place. Eric already told them to go ahead as he has some things to do in the council room.

'What's behind your hand?' Junjin asked when he saw Minwoo hiding something.

'Tada!' Minwoo showed them a small bouquet of flowers.

Everyone sighed until Dongwan hit his head, 'Yah, stupid! Hyesung is not a girl. Do you actually think that he will fall for this?!' Dongwan scolded him.

'Please, everyone likes flowers. And I have a secret weapon hidden' he smirked.

Everyone took a seat far from Hyesung's table but near enough to eavesdrop his conversation with Minwoo. As Minwoo was walking towards Hyesung, he realised Hyesung was texting someone and he was smiling widely. Minwoo frowned at the sight as he was sure Hyesung didn't have any lover. 

'You look happy, Hyesung' Minwoo took away Hyesung's phone and sat across him.

'What the hell Minwoo?! Give my phone back!' Hyesung whispered harshly at him.

Hyesung and Minwoo were close as they both were president of clubs and they also were in the same classes together sometimes.

Minwoo leaned forward and whispered, 'Hyesung, do you have a lover? You look like you're in love just now'

Hyesung scoffed loudly, 'Yah, I was texting my mum! She got a promotion at work' he defended himself.

Before Minwoo could said anything, someone took Hyesung's phone from his hand and hit his head using the phone.

'Tsk tsk, Minwoo... You shouldn't take someone's personal belonging' Eric looked at him lazily and handed the phone back to Hyesung.

'Thank you' he gave a small smile.

'No prob...' Eric shrugged his shoulder and left to the gang.

Minwoo hissed under his breath when Eric interrupted him.

'Yah, that Eric Mun...' he glared at the Student President.

He then looked at Hyesung and gave a charming smile, 'This is for you!' he gave the flowers to him.

Hyesung facepalmed, 'Do you realise that I'm a guy?' he asked calmly.

'It's not wrong to give a guy flowers right' Minwoo replied.

Hyesung sighed, 'Then, I thank you Minwoo-ah'

'And... I have a poem for you that I wrote myself'

'P-Poem?' Hyesung was stunned. He didn't know Minwoo wrote poems.

'I love you more than love, I love you deeper than sea' 

After he recited, he grinned in satisfaction.

Hyesung's nose twitched, 'That's the best you can do..?'

'Yup, I work on it for the whole day. Amazing huh' Minwoo winked.

'Yah, Lee Minwoo... Before I feel like chopping your head off, I'd suggest for you to go away from here. I couldn't imagine what would happen if I lay my hands on you' Hyesung said coldly while glaring at him. 

Minwoo gulped nervously and slowly stood up, 'E-Eyy, I was just kidding. You know that right' he smiled very awkwardly.

Hyesung tried to hide his wide smirk and replaced it with his usual smile, 'I know... Glad you understand me. Bye Minwoo' he tried to get rid of Minwoo.

Minwoo sighed and hung his head low. He walked to the table as he had the look like he was about to cry loudly like a baby.

'Here, some tissues' Eric teased as he gave some tissues to the younger guy.

'SHUT IT, ERIC!' Minwoo hissed quietly under his breath.

(With Eric)

Eric was the last person who was on the bet and they have already knew that Eric wouldn't win. But they were dead wrong.

'I'm going. Prepare the money before I come back please' Eric said with a cool look plastered on his face.

He casually went inside the training place and then walked towards Hyesung before whispering something in Hyesung's ear. The karate club president blushed slightly before giving a smile to Eric.

'Sure, I would love to!' Hyesung beamed happily at Eric.

Eric gave a warm smile in return, 'I'll see you outside' he said before leaving the place.

'My money please' Eric handed out his hand to receive his winning money.

Everyone groaned in annoyance as they gave the money.

'What did you say to him?' Hana couldn't help but to ask. Why Eric among the rest?

'I just asked him if he wanted to go out after school for an ice-cream' Eric replied shortly when he was counting the money to make sure everyone gave their exact amount.

'That's all? Are you sure?' Minwoo asked suspiciously.

'Yup... I don't need to write poems or give flowers to him' Eric mocked him.

As they saw Hyesung approaching, they quickly dropped the subject and greeted Hyesung normally. Both Eric and Hyesung  bid their goodbyes as they walked out from the school compound.

'You know... I don't understand why they wanted to go on a date with me' Hyesung suddenly asked when he told Eric what was happening with his life.

'It's a bet' he replied casually.

Hyesung looked at him in confusion, 'A bet?'

So, Eric told him everything that he needed to know.

'If I may add, I was touched when I saw you remained loyal and said no to them' Eric said with a dramatic sigh.

Hyesung rolled his eyes, 'Of course you should be touched! I'm not going to cheat on you!' he retorted.

'But shouldn't we tell them about our relationship? We've been together for 2 years now' Hyesung continued as a sudden guilt came.

'Nah, they didn't ask nor suspect a thing'

Hyesung nodded in agreement, 'True... Plus, I like us being secretive like this' he smiled.

'Me too... Now, should we pick up Mino and have an ice-cream date together?' Eric casually put his arm around Hyesung's neck.

'But you said we're going to stay at your house and just cuddle' Hyesung said pouting.

'That's for tomorrow, my lovely boyfriend... After we go for a picnic' Eric suddenly came up with the idea.

'I always like it when you plan our dates' Hyesung shyly admitted.

'It's all because of a guy called Shin Hyesung' Eric ruffled his hair gently.

X

(Flashback)

'I see... Thanks, Junho-sshi. See you tomorrow' Eric smiled as he leave the council room.

He took out his phone to text someone. 

*Hey, I'm picking up Mino okay :)*

Not even a minute, he got a reply.

*Are you sure? I don't want to trouble you*

*What are you talking about? I just want to help my lover*

*Really? Thanks, Eric-ah <3*

*No prob... Love you*

*Love you too*

(Flashback)

It was free period and Hyesung took the time to study at the library. As he was writing some notes in a piece of paper, he received a text. 

*I miss you :(*

When he looked at the sender, he smiled widely and wasted no time to reply.

*Yah, shouldn't you be in class?!*

*Tsk, I have some stuffs to do in the student council and I'm bored :( What about you?*

*Free period. And I miss you too ;)*

Suddenly, Minwoo took away Hyesung's phone and sat across him. Luckily he had he chance to lock his phone.

'You look happy, Hyesung' he said.

Being in a secret relationship had taught Hyesung how to lie effortlessly and he told Minwoo he was just texting his mum. Hyesung thanked to God when his boyfriend came to safe the situation.

'Tsk tsk, Minwoo... You shouldn't take someone's personal belonging' Eric looked at him lazily and handed the phone back to Hyesung.

When no one didn't look at him, he gave a small wink at Hyesung making the younger guy's heart fluttered.