In Love With A 'Nerd'

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : Hyesung fell in love with a nerd named Eric

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Eric's POV)

'This is it... You can do it!' Eric stood in front of his room's mirror and a fighting pose.

It was Eric's first day of school at a NEW college. He admitted that the reason why I chose another college was immature but he was sick of the people at his previous college. 

Eric slowly made his way to the dining room because he knew his parents were having their breakfast.

Eric jumped right inside the room and spinning like a ballerino, 'How do I look?' he asked eagerly.

His mum's eyes widen and unconsciously dropped the fork she was holding, 'W-What are you wearing, Eric?' she asked in disbelieved.

Eric's older brother laughed out loud when he saw how hideous Eric's clothes. His father just shook his head and sighed.

'Good! Just the reactions I wanted' Eric nodded in satisfaction.

Mrs Mun slammed her hands on the table and glared furiously at Eric. The people in the household especially the Mun's family understood why she would be mad. It was all because she was a top fashion designer and very sensitive when it comes to fashion.

'Eric Mun, go back upstairs and change! I couldn't bear seeing my son in horrendous clothes' she said angrily.

'Mum~ I know why I dress like this... I'm going to be a spy' Eric cheekily replied and a James Bond pose causing his brother and father laughed.

'Honey, just let him be. This is one of the reasons why he want to change college' Mr Mun tried to calm his wife by patting her shoulder gently.

Eric's father was the Chairman of Moon Health Company and owned two hospitals throughout South Korea. He was a doctor himself and decided to have his own company so that he could opened up a hospital that specialised in difficult and rare diseases. It was a long and hard process but after years of not giving up, he achieved his dreams. And he even got himself a wife!

'What?! So that he can wear THESE?!' she angrily pointed.

Eric chuckled and sat next to his brother for breakfast.

'That's not what I meant... He just doesn't want people to know about him as THE Mun but as A Mun' he said.

Eric smiled widely at Mr Mun's understanding. He already told his whole family about his plan when he went to his new school and thankfully, they understood. They knew how hard it was for Eric during his school years and he didn't many REAL friends. The only people he friended with was his cousins.

Mrs Mun finally sighed and sat down in her seat, 'But do you have to go to this extend?' she asked pleadingly.

'Yup, I have to' Eric replied firmly.

'Don't you think you should at least do something with your hair?' she tried again.

'Nope, it's fine with the way it is' Eric shrugged his shoulder.

'There's nothing I can do to change his mind, is it?' Mrs Mun looked at her family and they shook their heads in reply.

'Okay! Okay! Fine, I'll let you be' she finally gave up causing Eric to clap his hands happily.

'Got to go, guys... I'm so excited for my new college' he squealed happily.

Eric moved towards his mum and gave a peck on the cheek while whispering, 'Don't worry, I won't let them know me as Ciara Mun's son' he winked playfully.

She gave a warm smile and caressed his cheeks, 'Even if they find out, I would be as proud as I am about you now'

The college boy giggled and bowed politely before leaving. But he halted his steps, 'And btw, I'm not going to use any cars at all. I'll use public transports. And no bodyguards!' and with that, he waved his hands.

Due to him having a successful company despite his status as a doctor, many people knew him since his hospitals were unique and everyone knew how sensitive it was when it came to medicals, so some people were trying and still trying to bring him and his family down. Therefore, he needed to hire some bodyguards. Especially when his wife was a popular designer who had worked with many international designers.

'Yah! Yah! Eric Mun! You need at least one if you're going to use public transport' his father yelled but he was too late.

'Serve you right...' Mrs Mun smirked quietly but everyone could heard her. They couldn't help but to chuckle

(At his new college)

As soon as he stepped inside the college, everyone halted their steps and looked at him. He tried hard not to smirk as he could heard them whispering.

'Oh gosh... Who's that loser?'

'Don't tell me he's going into this college... I hope I wouldn't get the same class as him'

'What's up with the hair?'

'No... What's up with THAT clothes?! He looked like he was from another planet!'

Eric ignored them and just walked casually while looking down. He had received all the schedules and documents, so he could just straight went to class.

Like his previous college, Eric went to an art college where performing and fine arts were given as an option. Of course, Eric took photography because he really liked to take pictures. Heck, he was his mum's personal photographer for her work! That was enough to show he was quite talented.

Same as earlier, they paused to look at Eric and immediately looked away while sending knowing glances to their respective friends. He knew he didn't look like an art student because of his appearance. Especially when photography students always wear casual yet cool outfits.

While Eric just wore a plain shirt with cheesy words and a bright blue pants with cheap sandals. Not to mention, his hair that seemed he didn't managed his hair for years with no gel or whatsoever. He pushed his big fake glasses up and took a seat in the middle of the room.

No one wanted to approach Eric for a simple hi and it made Eric so happy that he was alone with no one disturbed him. The class started as usual until someone barged into the classing panting for air.

'I'M SORRY FOR BEING LATE, SIR!' 

A girl who had a boyish charming look looked really apologetically to the lecturer which she got a cold look in return. She sheepishly smiled before she gave a quick scan throughout the whole class. Eric accidentally made eye-contact with the girl and that was when she quickly made her way to an empty seat beside Eric.

She smiled warmly at Eric but he just nodded politely as a reply. As the lecturer was teaching, the girl took the opportunity to introduce herself, 'Hello, I'm Amber. Are you new here?'

Eric looked at her and smiled, 'I'm Junghyuk. I don't want to sound rude but why did you talk to me? You're the first person to say hi when I came here'

The girl giggled but it wasn't a mocking giggle, 'Because you look like a cool person to be friends with. Sure, you're wearing ridiculous clothes and don't even let me comment on your hair, but I have a feeling you're a good guy and we can get along pretty fine' she beamed at him.

Eric was taken aback by her words. How can she said he's a cool person when he was wearing a pair of thick frame glasses.

'People would think you're crazy if they heard you said that' he joked.

She giggled again and replied, 'Too bad I'm already crazy and might be crazier when I met you' 

They stopped talking when the lecturer gave a cold look again towards them. After class, Amber invited Eric to go to the cafeteria together so that she could showed him around after.

'Junghyuk, you don't mind with gay people right..?' Amber asked cautiously.

'I don't mind. My cousin is gay and even though I'm straight, I'm fine to accept if my partner is a guy' Eric shrugged his shoulder.

'Really? Asa! I knew you are cool' she fisted Eric's arm lightly.

'It's because you're gay huh' he smirked and she nodded in reply.

'Amber~' someone chirped happily.

When they looked around, Eric saw a pretty girl with round face smiling widely at Amber while waving her hands. Amber gestured Eric to walk to that table. She casually slid beside the girl and gave a quick peck on the cheek.

'Hey, babe... You don't mind bringing a friend right' 

The girl shook her head and smiled at Eric, 'Hi, I'm Ailee! Amber's girlfriend~' she said proudly.

'Hey, I'm Junghyuk Mun. I hope I'm not interrupting' he said politely. He tried to observe Ailee to see if she was faking it or not but so far, she was clean.

'He dresses weirdly like he is some sort of an alien from another planet, but trust me when I said he's a cool guy' Amber joked which Eric gave a glare in return.

'Yeah, you dress weirdly' Ailee nodded in agreement but gave her usual smile, 'But don't worry! We're okay with who you are' she said assuringly.

'And Junghyuk, I hope you don't mind but we have two other friends with us' Amber announced.

'Why would I mind? It was supposed to be me to say that. Especially if they see me now' 

As if on the cue, two people were walking towards their table while giggling and whispering into each other's ears. They halted their steps when they saw Eric who was sitting at their usual table.

'Hello, Amber, Ailee, who's this new kid?' the shorter guy looked at Eric.

'Oh! This is Junghyuk Mun! He'll be hanging out with us. Hope you don't mind!' Ailee beamed at them.

The guy laughed at Ailee's excitement and smiled, 'Hello, my name is Daehyun and this is my boyfriend, Yongguk' he pointed towards the taller guy next to him.

'Nice to meet you...' Yongguk shook Eric's hands as he and Daehyun sat on the chairs around the round table.

Suddenly Daehyun chuckled and blushed a little when they stared at him, 'I'm sorry. It's just that I realised what you're wearing. You wore exactly like how Yongguk used to wear' he said honestly.

Eric *smile* : And that's what I want people to see 

'Daehyunnie~' Yongguk whined and nudged his ribs lightly.

Daehyun chuckled louder and played with Yongguk's hands, 'I said used to, not now... Now, you look hot' he playfully winked.

As they were trying to get to know Eric better, they could heard loud squeals from different directions when the cafeteria's door was opened.

(Hyesung's POV)

Like usual, Hyesung would meet his friends in the cafeteria right after class finished. As soon as he stepped out from the class, girls would started screaming loudly and some even fainted. Hyesung could only sighed quietly as he didn't understand why would people still reacted to him like that after 2 years being in that school.

Hyesung made his way until he saw a couple was making out at the corridor. His nose twitched as he made his way angrily at the couple.

'GET A FCKING ROOM!' Hyesung said furiously as he grabbed both of the guys' collars and dragged them to the cafeteria. The girls gasped and hurriedly followed them to see what was going to happen.

Then, loud of squeals could heard when Hyesung and the couple stepped inside the cafeteria. He dragged them and pushed them to seat at a familiar table. The two other guy who were sitting comfortably looked at them in confusion.

'Hyung, what happened?' the maknae of the group, Andy asked.

'These rabbits were making out in the MIDDLE of the hallway!' Hyesung glared at them angrily.

Minwoo smirked widely, 'Is our Hyesungie jealous?' he leaned in.

'You know that we can set you up with someone right' Minwoo's boyfriend, Dongwan teased.

Hyesung was starting to turn red, 'N-No, I'm not jealous! And no thank you, I can find someone on my own' 

'Hyung, you really need to get laid fast. You haven't been in a relationship ever since we started college' the second tallest guy among the group looked at him with his arm around Andy's shoulder.

He glared at Junjin, 'So..? I'm going to be in a relationship when I really really love someone. A serious and committed relationship' he replied firmly.

That was Hyesung's principle when he entered college life, that he wanted to focus on studying and have a relationship when he felt he was ready to give his everything. After two years, he admitted that he was feeling a little lonely and jealous especially when he saw his friends have their own relationships. 

(Eric's POV)

As they were trying to get to know Eric better, they could heard loud squeals from different directions when the cafeteria's door was opened. Eric looked up and saw three people walking, no, more like a guy was dragging other two guys towards a table.

'KYAAAAA~ Hyesung oppa!' 

'Ommo! What did Minwoo oppa and Dongwan oppa did this time?!'

'They look hot as usual~'

Eric shrugged his shoulder and continued eating until he heard Ailee said while pointing towards a table, 'Junghyuk, you don't know about them right?' 

Eric shook his head.

'So, that cute guy who was cuddling is Andy, the muscular guy next to him is Junjin, Andy's boyfriend. Then the red hair guy is Minwoo and the other one is Dongwan. They're a couple too. Last but not least, the main prince of this college, Hyesung. They're like the most popular kids ever!' Ailee introduced them one by one.

Eric just looked at their face one by one until he froze when he stared at Hyesung. How can someone look so beautiful especially when that someone is a guy? That's a sin! 

That milky white skin... 

That very kissable lips... 

That soft brunette hair...

'You seemed like you know them very well' Eric asked as he tried to distract himself from thinking all those thoughts.

Ailee scoffed loudly, 'Honey, EVERYONE knows them. Plus, I know Hyesung personally' she smiled proudly.

'How..?' Eric raised his eyebrows.

'Because Ailee and Daehyun are in the same course as Hyesung, music performance course but more to vocal. Then, Junjin is the same as Yongguk, contemporary art and sculptures. Minwoo is modern dance course and the best dancer in this college while his boyfriend is in culinary art course. Lastly, Andy took painting' Amber explained.

'Cool... Are they nice?'

'They are!' This time Daehyun joined the conversation, 'Especially Hyesung hyung because he's the only one in the group that I'm close with. He's nice but he can be brutally honest sometimes. His father was a music producer and her mum was a musical actress' he smiled widely.

Eric : Now I know where he got his beautiful genes from...

They didn't realised that the time passed so quickly because the next thing they knew, the bell started ringing. Eric thanked them for letting him have lunch with them which they told that Eric can hangout with them more often if he was free. 

Eric : They are really nice people...

X

(Eric's POV)

One thing that Eric hated the most was cancelled classes because he would have a lot of free time and he'll not be studying. Therefore, he decided to stay at the library and read some books. The library was empty as usual since not many students like to be in that quiet place.

He gathered some books and it turned out he picked more than he should had. As he was walking towards an empty table, he tripped accidentally but luckily he could balanced himself and the only thing fell was his books.

'Ugh, why is it always me?!' Eric groaned in annoyance as he bent down to pick up the books and put them on the nearest table.

Suddenly he felt like someone was helping him and when he looked up, his heart skipped a beat when he saw the beautiful guy again. After putting all the books on the table, they both stood up.

'Thanks for the help' Eric smiled at him.

'No problem. It's such a coincident that your books fell right beside at my table' Hyesung replied and pointed to the table where the books were placed.

'I see... I better get going then. Thanks again yeah' Eric casually said and started arranging the books.

(Hyesung's POV)

Hyesung loved to go to the library. Nope, it wasn't because he could read books but because that was the only place where he could get peace and sleep while listening to some songs. It was just like other ordinary days and Hyesung was listening to musics when suddenly he heard a loud sound in front of him.

He looked up just to see books fell from someone's hands and the latter already bent down to pick up those books. Being the kind person he was raised, Hyesung also bent down to help him.

'Thanks for the help' the guy smiled at him when they both stood up.

Hyesung observed him from head to toe and tried hard to hide his chuckle when he saw how silly yet cute outfits the guy was wearing. He was wearing a white t-shirt that said 'Beer' and a beach short pants with sneakers. But what captivated him was the smile the stranger gave. It was the most charming smile he had ever seen.

'No problem. It's such a coincident that your books fell right beside at my table' Hyesung replied and pointed to the table where the books were placed.

'I see... I better get going then. Thanks again yeah' Eric casually said and started arranging the books.

Hyesung : No! Don't go... 

Hyesung didn't know why but the guy who was currently arranging his books made him felt so curious. He wanted to know more about the guy. 

'A-Are you leaving?' Hyesung cursed mentally when he found himself stuttering.

'No, I'm going to sit somewhere else. I don't have to disturb your time. You look like someone who needs to be alone' he gave his charming smile again.

'NO! I-I mean... You don't have to, there's a lot of space at my table. And you're carrying a lot of books so the chances of you to trip again is high'

The guy beamed at him while grinning widely, 'Really? I can sit here?'

'Yeah, sure' Hyesung smiled while nodding.

'Thank God then... These books are too heavy for me to carry again' he sighed in relieved and sat across Hyesung.

'So... My name is Hyesung' Hyesung introduced himself once they settled down.

'And I'm Junghyuk Mun' he smiled and chose a book to read.

'Are you new here? I never seen you around' 

Eric nodded eagerly, 'I came here a few days ago'

'How is it here so far?'

'I like it! Amber and her friends are really nice even though they know I'm a loser. But I really like to be friends with them!' Eric chirped excitedly.

Hyesung frowned at his middle statement, 'Who said you're a loser?' 

'Have you seen what I'm wearing? People look at me weirdly and don't even want to talk to me. I'm surprised when you helped me just now. And not to mention that you're talking to me right now!' Eric laughed lightly.

'Because they're too stupid to judge people based on what they wear. Sure, you look like an alien but I like how you are confident with it' Hyesung smiled sincerely. 

He really wanted to be friends with Eric. The more he talked, the more curious he got. He knew that there was more than just this Eric.

(Eric's POV)

'Because they're too stupid to judge people based on what they wear. Sure, you look like an alien but I like how you are confident with it' Hyesung smiled sincerely. 

Eric was taken aback by his words. Never once in his life he thought this popular kid would said something like that. And again, Eric felt all weird inside his stomach when he saw Hyesung's beautiful smile.

They both went into a comfortable silence with Eric reading his books and Hyesung listening to some songs. Suddenly, Hyesung asked him whether he could read one of Eric's books.

'No' Eric replied when he looked at Hyesung.

He chuckled when he saw Hyesung pouting while saying quietly, 'Geez, you don't have to be rude'

'No no, that wasn't what I meant. I don't think you want to read books about photography. It might bore you' Eric consoled him.

Hyesung blushed because of embarrassment, 'Oh'

(Hyesung's POV)

The next few minutes, Hyesung pretended to read Eric's book about animals and took a few secret glances at the older guy. Excusing himself when he needed to go to his next class after spending an hour in the library.

'I hope to see you around' Hyesung said before he was leaving.

'I don't think you would want to see this nerd again' Eric awkwardly smiled.

The frown came back on Hyesung's face, 'Stop saying that, Junghyuk. I'm serious when I said that. Just ignore them, they'll still going to judge anyway. Be it you or other people' Hyesung said firmly.

Eric nodded in understanding and waved goodbye, 'If so, I'll see you around Hyesung' he smiled.

When Hyesung walked out from the library, he was grinning widely throughout the way. When his friends asked him what happened, he just shrugged his shoulder and casually lied saying his vocal class was becoming fun. Obviously, they knew it was a lie and they suspected Hyesung might found someone he liked.

Hyesung : I really hope to see you again

X

(Eric's POV)

It was just a normal day at college and Eric decided to go to the library again, hoping to see Hyesung again. Ever since he met the younger guy, he couldn't stopped thinking about him. He wanted to know more about Hyesung and at one point, he just wanted to drop the mask and showed Hyesung the real Eric. But Eric couldn't, not until he was sure Hyesung really was sincere with being friends with him. Although he had a tiny hope to wish that the younger guy would like him. 

As he was about to turn right, he was pushed by some guys. When he looked up, he saw three people glaring at him.

'What do you want?' Eric bravely asked them.

The leader of the bullies scoffed loudly and poked Eric's body harshly, 'Look guys... This nerd has the nerve to talk' 

'We have observing you from day one and we hate to see nerds roaming around at this college' one of the guys gritted his teeth.

'Look, I don't know what you want but I don't have anything to do with you' he said coldly.

The bigger guy clenched his fist and furiously punched Eric's stomach. Of course, Eric could dodged the punch and protected himself when he learned mix martial art but knowing he was in college and he didn't want this little problem got bigger, he let them beat him. 

'That's weak...' Eric chuckled as a provocation.

'This bastard!' the other two guys threw some punches at Eric's body.

'YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!' someone yelled loudly.

The bullied were surprised by the shout and quickly retreated leaving Eric behind, he looked up slowly while trying identify the people. Eric's face wasn't swollen because they didn't hit his face but he only had a cut on his lips.

Hyesung rushed towards him but Minwoo and Andy were faster and they helped him to stand, 'Can you stand properly?' Minwoo asked.

Eric slowly nodded and when he smiled when he looked at Hyesung, 'Oh, it's you. We meet again... Wanna go to the library?'

'Yah, this is no time for joke!' Hyesung said angrily. He looked really worried when he saw Eric's condition.

'Hyesung hyung, we should better get him to the nurse' Andy said and gestured them to start walking.

'Yeah, Hyesung. You should report this to the student administration' Minwoo suggested.

'But...' Hyesung wanted to protest but Eric interrupted him.

'Y-Yeah, I think you should Hyesung. Your friends can help me and I'll see you in the library later okay' Eric tried to suppress his pain but couldn't.

'Okay then' Hyesung nodded while giving a pout.

After Hyesung left, Minwoo and Andy guided Eric towards the nurse room.

'What the hell happened, Eric?!' Minwoo hissed under his breath.

'Yah, it's Junghyuk here!' he glared at Minwoo.

'You think I would fcking care about that right now?! I can't imagine what Aunty and Uncle would say if they knew you were beaten up' Minwoo sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

'No one would say a thing about this' he threatened the two brothers.

'But hyung...' Andy whined.

'Andy...' Eric looked at him intensely.

'Fine, hyung' he pouted sadly.

They sent Eric into the room and let the nurse treated him.

'So, what happened?' Minwoo asked.

'I don't know... They just hate to see nerds in this college' Eric replied casually as he tried to sit comfortably.

'Btw, how did you know Hyesung?' Minwoo raised his eyebrows.

'We met at the library and talked. And no one is going to say about me and the fact you guys are my cousins' he said firmly.

Minwoo and Andy looked at each other and sighed while slowly nodded in agreement, 'And... What did you think about Hyesung hyung?' Andy smirked.

Eric blushed a little and looked away, 'He's a nice person and I like talking to him. I feel comfortable...' he said calmly.

'Do you like him?' Minwoo wiggled his eyebrows.

'W-What?! Where did that come from?!' Eric looked at him in horror.

'Woah, chill dude... I was just asking' he snickered.

'Whatever guys, I don't want to talk about it. If you excuse me, I'm going to the library' Eric stood up and made his way out the door.

'Why? So that you can see Hyesung?' 

'Yeah, I told him to meet me there just now right' he said innocently.

'Okay. Bye hyung~' Andy dropped the subject while waving his hands happily.

'See you around, guys' Eric smiled.

At the library, Eric made his way to the same table he sat last time and as expected, there was Hyesung waiting worriedly for him.

'Did you wait long?' Eric asked as he sat across Hyesung.

'Are you okay now? Did you have broken bones anywhere?' Hyesung literally ignored Eric's question and bombarded him with his own questions.

Eric chuckled, 'I wouldn't be here if I have broken bones, would I'

'Right...' Hyesung blushed due to embarrassment.

'Thanks, Hyesung' 

Hyesung looked at him in confusion, 'For what?'

'For caring about me. It must be because you're starting to fall for me eh' Eric teased while smirking widely.

In instant, Hyesung turned red, 'Y-YAH! What nonsense are you talking about?! A-Anyway, I have class now. Bye!' he quickly stood up and exited the library.

Eric laughed gently as Hyesung's adorableness, 'It is me who starting to fall for you, Hyesung-ah...'

X

(Eric's POV)

'Eric, you're coming with us today right?' Amber asked after their class ended.

'Yeah. Let's go' Eric took his bag before leaving.

As they were walking, they could heard the same squeals and Eric immediately knew who they squealing for. When he looked further in front, he saw Hyesung and the rest of his clique trying to squeeze their way through the crowd.

Somehow, seeing Hyesung with his 'fans' made Eric proud because he knew even though he was popular, he kept his head down and very humble. As if on the cue when he was staring at Hyesung, the younger guy stared back at him and smiled while waving his hands.

Eric : Is he waving at me? No way...

Eric blushed a little and walked pass him without sparing a glance. All of his fans looked behind them to find who was Hyesung waving at.

(Hyesung's POV)

'Hyesung-ah, you look happier these days. Did something happened?' Dongwan asked as they were walking towards the cafeteria.

Everyone noticed the sudden changed about Hyesung. He would spent almost everyday at the library and would sometimes smiled alone as if he was the craziest human being alive. They all knew that it must be because of the new student but they wanted to hear from Hyesung's own mouth.

'W-What? I don't feel anything different about myself. You're wrong' Hyesung looked away.

'Eyy, you can stop lying now hyung' Junjin teased who received a smack in return.

'I'm serious!' Hyesung glared.

Their eyes widen and they looked at each other when they heard screams from different directions.

'Oh ...' Andy muttered but it was too late.

All the girls have surrounded them like piranha and they had to find a way to escape. As Hyesung was squeezing himself out, he saw Eric who was walking with his friend. Eric talked about that girl once and Hyesung already knew her because she was Ailee's girlfriend. 

When he stared at Eric, the older guy looked back coincidentally and it somehow made Hyesung glad to see him. He waved his hands at Eric but much to his disappointment, Eric looked away and just walked towards the cafeteria.

Finally, they could escaped from the girls but Minwoo noticed that Hyesung suddenly became quiet and was frowning. He nudged Hyesung's ribs lightly and asked, 'Hey, what's wrong? You're okay?'

Hyesung quickly nodded and smiled, 'I'm fine, just tired because of the girls just now'

After 30 minutes...

Hyesung was thinking hard about what happened earlier. Eric did see him just now but why did he avoided him. Thinking about all those stuff made Hyesung dizzy. Then he saw Eric walking out from the cafeteria and Hyesung assumed the older guy was going to his usual place. The library.

'Got to go, guys. Bye' Hyesung said hurriedly and immediately rushed outside.

Dongwan and Junjin didn't understand why he was in hurry but Minwoo and Andy gave each other a knowing glance and smirked widely.

'Did you know anything about that, Minwoo?' Dongwan looked at his boyfriend.

'Okay, fine... Remember the nerd who Hyesung always meet these past weeks?' Minwoo asked.

'Yeah, the one that you showed me to' he nodded.

'And what did you think of him, hyung?' Andy's turn to ask.

Dongwan shrugged his shoulder, 'I wouldn't call him a nerd, considering he has friends who obviously aren't nerds and he isn't always with books. But he seems like a nice guy. What do you think Junjin?'

Junjin nodded in agreement, 'If Minwoo hyung could accept Hyesung hyung's friend who dressed like I don't even know how to describe, then I know he passed' he smiled.

'So, you guys could accept him?' Minwoo cautiously asked.

'Of course! Just because he dressed like that and has messy hair, doesn't mean he's a bad guy' 

'If Hyesung is happy with that guy, then I'll be happy for him by giving him the support'

Andy and Minwoo cheered mentally at their boyfriends' approval. It was going to be an easy way for Eric and Hyesung to be together.

Hyesung stomped his feet angrily as he made his way towards Eric's table. He slumped himself on the chair and glared at him with his arms crossed, Hyesung didn't even why would he be angry at Eric. They weren't even friends nor lovers, but one thing he knew was that he hated if Eric ignored him.

'Hi, Hyesung~' Eric smiled widely when he saw Hyesung in front of him.

'You ignored me' Hyesung replied coldly.

Eric looked at him in confusion, 'Ignored you?'

'I waved my hands at you but you just walked away. And don't bother lying! I saw you looking at me' Hyesung whined with an angry tone.

Eric was taken aback by his words. He didn't expect that Hyesung really waved his hands AT him.

'I-I'm sorry...' Eric said embarrassingly while keeping his head low.

'I thought you were waving at someone else. I never thought someone like you would looked at me...' Eric said shyly.

Hyesung's nose twitched and unconsciously slammed the table causing the lady librarian glared at him. 

'Can you stop? Didn't I tell you that I like talking to you and I want to see you outside of this library?! Is it so hard to ask like that from you, Junghyuk' Hyesung whispered softly. He wasn't disappointed but more to sad that Eric thought of himself so little.

'Then... W-Would you like to go out... With me? Y-You know, outside of school' Eric blushed while asking Hyesung.

Hyesung's heart skipped a beat and gathered all his courage to reply, 'L-Like a date?'

'If you want to see it that way' Eric sheepishly smiled.

Before Hyesung could reply, the bell already rang causing him to curse mentally on the wrong timing. Eric stood up and passed a piece of folded paper.

'Tell me your reply tomorrow. Think about it...' Eric smiled and exited the library.

Hyesung could only stared at the leaving figure as no words were coming out from his mouth. He felt as if there wasn't air that he had to held his breath. His heart was racing and thumping louder and louder every second.

(Eric's POV)

'YESSSS!!' a shout was heard throughout the Mun's mansion.

A guy who was in sweatpants and t-shirt was running and jumping upside down like a circus clown. He continued screaming as he ran inside the whole house but instantly halted his steps when he saw his family in the living room.

'What's up with you?' Eric's brother raised his eyebrows.

'N-Nothing...' Eric grinned and went inside.

'Judging by the look on your face, something had happened. Come on, honey, tell us' Mrs Mun persuaded.

'I ask someone if he wants to go out and he said yes. That's all' Eric casually said.

'He must be a special someone' his brother smirked.

Eric blushed and cursed mentally when he started stuttering, 'N-No, it's just that he is willing to be my friend even though I'm a nerd at school' 

'Aww, my baby is in love' Mrs Mun squealed in excitement.

'Mum~' he whined asking her to stop teasing.

During the weekend...

Eric decided to dress a little bit better than what he always wear but he still kept his messy hair. He used the public transport as usual and stopped at the cafe they were supposed to meet.

Once he was inside, he heard someone calling him, 'Junghyuk!' 

He smiled widely when Hyesung was waving his hands at him, 'I'm sorry for being late. Have you been waiting long?' Eric said apologetically when he sat at Hyesung's table.

Hyesung shook his head and smiled, 'Nope, you're not. In fact, I was just about to order some drinks'

'Really? Let's order now then!' Eric beamed at him.

(Hyesung's POV)

Hyesung decided to come to the cafe 10 minutes earlier because he was so nervous. Suddenly, he regretted saying yes to Eric's invitation because he didn't know what to think or feel anymore. But he knew it was useless because whenever he saw Eric, he felt feelings like a roller coaster ride. Excitement. Nervous. Anxious. Happiness. All feelings mixed in one.

He kept staring at the entrance of the cafe and every time he heard the bell ting, he would stood up and was hoping Eric would walked inside. Finally, the man that he was waiting for came. It would be a lie if Hyesung said Eric looked the same because he wasn't. Even with his usually messy hair, he looked so much better than when he was at college as he dressed normally.

To help him distracted, he stood up and waved his hands at Eric, 'Junghyuk!' he called.

He couldn't told Eric that he waited 10 minutes earlier, so he causally lied saying he just arrived. 

(Eric's POV)

At first, there was a slight awkward moment after they ordered but they burst into laughter when they remembered about the casual talks they always have when they were in the library.

Eric had never been this happy in his life talking to someone before. He could be himself without fearing that the other person would judge him. Sure, he had money, looks and fame but he felt like he was locked up in a prison where he knew if he got out, people would pestering him. And having Hyesung in his life, it was as if he was a key to... Love.

Love. It was the only thing Eric never thought he would got especially when he always surrounded with fake and pretentious people. But now that he was a 'nerd', he might starting to think that what would happened if he was in a relationship with Hyesung. 

'Hey...' 

Both of them said at the same time and when they looked at each other, they looked into each other's eyes. They seemed like they were drowning in the stare and knowing the condition, they knew they had to look away but the problem is they couldn't. It made them wanting to drown into that beautiful eyes.

They snapped into their own thoughts when they heard a baby cried and laughed out loud at their silly moments.

'You go ahead' Eric gestured Hyesung to start talking.

'Remember that time when you were beaten up?' Hyesung asked which he got a nod in return.

'Do you, Minwoo and Andy know each other?' 

Eric choked on the drink he was drinking, 'W-What do you mean?'

'It seemed like you guys know each other. Because it was weird when Andy talked about your injuries as if he knows you since like forever' Hyesung explained.

Eric : That Andy... I told him not to say anything!

'Hyesung-ah...' Eric called him softly.

Hearing the way Eric called his name made Hyesung's heart beat faster than usual, 'Y-Yes?'

'I will explain everything to you but not today. I promise...' Eric looked sincerely at Hyesung.

Hyesung didn't understand why Eric said that because he was only asking a simple question but suddenly he knew that he was right. There was more than this side of Eric and he was willing to wait.

'Okay' he smiled fondly at the older guy.

After spending in the cafe to eat and to get to know more about each other, they decided to end their day. They had a lot of fun including when both Hyesung and Eric blushed at each other's remarks.

'I should be going now' Eric smiled at Hyesung as they both stood in front of the cafe and continued, 'I... I really want to do this again' 

It was the most magnificent view when Hyesung saw how the wind breeze fanning lightly at Eric's hair, 'Me too' he grinned.

It was always Hyesung to make the first move, for an example like how he would come to Eric's table and initiate the first conversation. He thought the time for him to man up had come and did the unexpected. He gave a soft peck on Hyesung's cheeks.

Hyesung was stunned by Eric's sudden action as he felt a sudden electric shock throughout his body. The soft lips could still be felt on his cheeks and he was craving for more. Before Hyesung could do anything irrational like pulling Eric into another kiss or jumping up and down like a monkey, he excused himself.

'I-I'm going now' Hyesung was blushing hard and starting running away. Then he halted and ran the opposite direction before saying, 'Wrong way'

Eric just chuckled lightly at Hyesung's cuteness and wished that Hyesung would started to like him back.

X

(Hyesung's POV)

It was like any other day except this time it was more brighter day and Hyesung felt so much happier. He knew by now, he wouldn't deny the attraction he felt towards the older guy. It seemed that Eric had bring some light into Hyesung's life although that could sound so cheesy.

Hyesung was smiling happily the whole time he was at college causing his friends to raise their eyebrows as to what could have happened to him.

'Hyung, why do you look so happy today?' Andy asked as they were just hangout around the campus's fountain.

Hyesung beamed at Andy and his now grinning face turned to a soft yet faint smile. Just the memory about yesterday's event and the man himself made Hyesung's heart flutter into colourful butterflies.

'I... I went on a date yesterday' Hyesung sheepishly said.   

Andy gasped, 'NO!'

'YES' he nodded eagerly.

It was Minwoo's turn to beam at him, 'Oh! Oh! I think I know who the person is!' he said excitedly.

'You do?' Hyesung was starting to blush.

'Of course! It's that E... I mean Junghyuk guy right. Damn, I'm correct right?!'

Hyesung shyly nodded and was trying hard to hide his blush.

Andy pinched his hyung's red cheeks, 'Look at him! Turning all red... It's so cute to see you like this hyung!' Andy squealed with a high pitch tone due to his over happiness.

'Y-You guys don't mind right if anything happened between us?' Hyesung cautiously asked. He needed to make sure that his friends approved the potential relationship he had.

'Of course we won't!' Dongwan assured him.

'Hyung, whatever makes you happy will make us all happy' Junjin smiled widely.

'Really?' he beamed at them for confirmation.

'Really~' they all chirped happily.

(Eric's POV)

'Junghyuk!' Hyesung called out his name brightly as he ran across the college field to where Eric was sitting. He panted for air before he finally took a seat beside him and glared at the older guy for making him run although he knew how Hyesung hated running.

'I can't believe you made me run the whole way here! Are you trying to make me die?!' Hyesung gave a playful slapped on Eric's arms.

'Sorry~ It's just that I don't want to go to the library, they have some sort of event or something' Eric looked at him apologetically while scratching his head awkwardly.

'Plus, I'd rather be with you at other places other than the library' he said softly while gently placed his head on Hyesung's shoulder causing the popular guy to blush.

'R-Really?' his cheeks was redding every second and he could felt Eric nodding at his question.

'I'd rather be with you too' he shyly confessed while looking down. When he had the courage to look at Eric, the older guy looked at him back with a warm smile on his face.

'Hyesung-ah...' Eric started.

'Y-Yes?' Hyesung was getting nervous and his heart was thumping quickly.

'Why did you still want to be friends with me when we first met?' he asked quietly.

'Because...' Hyesung took a deep breath and continued, 'Because I like talking to you. I like seeing you being weird and telling me about the books you like to read. I like to see you smile at me whenever I did something embarrassing that I know I won't get judged by you. I like that you're being cool whenever I ask random questions because of my curious' he said honestly while reminiscing the times they spent together.

This time, it was Eric's time to blush and he was dying inside to let Hyesung know everything about him but he can't. It wasn't the time yet.

'And why didn't you ask me to change the way I look?'

'Maybe you should do something with your hair though' Hyesung looked at him causing Eric to chuckle and nodded in agreement.

'But I don't mind with how you dress. I won't deny if I said I want you to dress differently and better but I know maybe it's not the time yet. So, I'll wait when you want to do a 360 degree makeover. I can help you!' he suggested happily.

'Hyesung-ah, you're one of the few people who accepted me the way I am and I'm grateful. But I was different before I came here' Eric's tone was quiet and wary as he tried to think how to arrange his words.

'How different?'

'About that... I have to tell you other day' Eric smiled and looked up to him.

Although the curiosity was killing Hyesung inside but he would be willing to wait as he trusted Eric.

Seeing Hyesung gave a light nod made Eric continued, 'I'm scared that if you see that different side of me, you'll change especially if you like this side of me so much. That you only come to see me just because I'm different from the rest of people you met at this college. I don't even want to think the thought of you leaving when you know the real me. I'm like this because I want them to leave me alone! But now... I couldn't bear seeing you leave when I first met you. A-Are you going to leave me, Hyesung-ah? Like the rest?' his voice was shaking because of the anxious and scared feelings.

'Junghyuk, I'd never leave you. Be it how many sides of Junghyuk there are. I promise that I would stay with you no matter what' Hyesung consoled him and linked his arms around Eric's.

Hearing what he had just said, Hyesung didn't know where did the confidence came from and he felt more confident. He gently pushed Eric away from him and stood up as he ignored the blush that was redding on his face. To Eric, it was adorable to see Hyesung fidgeting his fingers while staring straight into Eric's eyes.

'I-I know that we've known each other just for awhile but... I-I can't imagine my life without having y-you around' Hyesung confessed his feelings.

Eric was starstruck and his eyes widen like a frying pan. The only thing he wished for ever since his encounter with Hyesung came true. The latter liked him back! It was confirmed, there was nothing left to wait for.

He wanted to ravish Hyesung's lips like there was no tomorrow.

He wanted to hug Hyesung whenever he liked and when he wanted some comfort.

He wanted to whispering things that could made Hyesung felt better if the latter had a rough day.

He just wanted Hyesung.

'Hyesung... Would you be a boyfriend of a nerd named Junghyuk?' Eric stared deeply into Hyesung's eyes.

He could heard Hyesung said a loud yes and the next thing he knew Hyesung was in his embrace, 'Thank God you feel the same'

Eric just smiled without replying his words as he knew that the message they both trying to send to each other was been sent. He could felt Hyesung's warmth radiating from his body and that made Eric felt all fuzzy yet pleasant inside.

Eric & Hyesung : This relationship is worth fighting for

X

(Eric's POV)

'Good morning, everyone~' Eric chirped happily as he barged into the dining room.

Everyone was stunned especially his mum but this time it was a good thing. She literally got off from her chair and hugged her beloved son tightly.

'Omg, you finally dress normally! I knew this day would come!' she said dramatically. All the boys in the room rolled their eyes.

'What made you change?' Eric's brother raised his eyebrows.

'I have a boyfriend that accept the way I was and it's the perfect time to change since mum has a exhibition this Saturday and I wanted to invite Amber and her friends and others' Eric grinned widely.

'Yes! Yes! The exhibition... Have you prepared for it?' his mum asked.

This Saturday was going to be a private art exhibition which Eric and his mum did together. His mum thought it would be a good idea for Eric to be her photographer for her latest collection. There was going to be a personal corner for Eric to display his photographs with the theme 'Love'.

'Yup! I'm so excited...' Eric said with bright eyes. He can't wait to see how Hyesung would reacted.

(At the college)

Seeing that Eric was safe during his nerd phase, his dad decided to let Eric went to college without bodyguards. Eric drove his BMW i8 to the college and as expected, as soon as he arrived at the college's compound, people were staring at his car.

He parked and got out from the car while smiling blankly at the empty space. The people who were around Eric started whispering and was admiring his good looking face. 

'Is he a new student here?'

'Kyaaaa! He is so hot!'

'My heart is beating faster than usual!'

He smirked at the whispers and straight away went to class. When he saw Amber, he took a seat besides her.

'Hello!' he casually said.

Amber looked at him confused and nodded politely, 'Hello...'

Eric chuckled lightly as he assumed that Amber can't recognised him, 'Amber, it's me Junghyuk' he whispered quietly.

Her eyes widen and was about to shout when Eric quickly shut , 'Shhh, I don't want people to know... From now, it's going to be Eric Mun' 

'E-Eric? Woah, dude! You look so much better and hot!' Amber couldn't help but to feel so surprised.

'I always dress like this. This is the normal me' he winked playfully.

Their conversation put on hold when the lecturer started asking. Eric introduced himself again to Ailee, Daehyun and Yongguk and they were so shocked at the revelation.

'Eric Mun...?' Ailee tried to think where she heard the name from.

Then, she slammed the table hard and her jaws dropped, 'You're Eric Mun?! As in Ciara Mun's son?! The famous fashion designer?!'

It wasn't a surprise when Ailee knew the designer because she really loved fashion and Ciara Mun was one of her favourites.

Eric laughed lightly and nodded, 'Yup, that's me!'

'OH MY GOD!' she yelled loudly.

'It was really nice meeting you and you guys are so nice to me even invited me to hangout once in awhile. There's going to be an exhibition this Saturday and I would like it if you could come' he smiled.

'Oh ! Don't tell me it's the one where Ciara Mun is going to personally release her collections?!'

'Ting! You're right again!' Eric made a bell sound.

'Omg! Omg! Are you really inviting us?' Ailee was starting to hyperventilate causing Amber to calm her down.

'Yes, you guys are my friends. Although we don't hangout much, I really want to have a nice chat with you guys again' he said sincerely.

Then, the usual shrieked was heard causing Eric to smirk widely. He saw Hyesung's gang made their way inside the cafeteria and when he made eye contact with Minwoo, the dancer knew that it was time to let people know the real Eric. Luckily Eric had told his cousins his plan.

'YAH, ERIC MUN! FINALLY...' Minwoo said loudly, loud enough to get Hyesung's attention.

(Hyesung's POV)

'YAH, ERIC MUN! FINALLY...' Minwoo suddenly yelled loudly.

Hyesung who was talking to Junjin turned his head towards Minwoo's gaze. There he found a handsome guy with exotic features standing not far from where he was standing. The guy was wearing plain grey t-shirt with black leather jacket together with black jeans and a black Nike.

Andy who looked at the same direction grinned widely when he saw his beloved cousin.

'HYUNG~' Andy yelled excitedly and hugged the older guy tightly.

Junjin's nose twitched and whispered at Hyesung, 'Whoever that guy is, I already hate him' he hissed causing Hyesung to chuckle.

*Omo, they know each other?!*

*Who's the handsome guy?!*

Minwoo finally introduced Eric to everyone once they sat at their usual table.

'Hello, I'm Eric Mun. I'm these two monkeys' cousin' he smiled charmingly.

Everyone smiled warmly at Eric including Junjin who said he hated the older guy.

'My name is Shin Hyesung' he smiled and continued playing with his phone.

Eric frowned and looked at Andy who was sitting beside him.

'He doesn't recognised you, hyung. You're TOO different' Andy whispered.

Then it made sense to Eric and he smirked playfully. Eric started asking Hyesung questions in a way as he wanted to get to know the younger guy better.

'Hyesung-sshi, what course did you take?'

'Music performance. You?' Hyesung looked at him smiling.

'Photography' he said casually.

Hyesung's eyes widen and he leaned in to ask eagerly, 'Do you know Junghyuk? He's in the same course as you'

Eric tried hard not to laugh at Hyesung's cute look, instead he just shrugged his shoulder, 'No, plus I'm new here. Maybe he didn't come...?' he tried to sound like he was making Hyesung felt better.

Hyesung sighed sadly and nodded, 'Maybe... Anyway, I've got to go' Hyesung excused himself.

There was no way that Junghyuk didn't come because he must told Hyesung if he was absent. The only place that came into his mind was the library.

Back at the cafeteria, Minwoo and Andy but to laugh causing their boyfriends to look at him weirdly.

'What's so funny? Hyesung is just waiting for his boyfriend' Junjin frowned.

Eric looked amuse and decided to ask more, 'Hyesung-sshi has a boyfriend?'

'Yeah, but they're still in an early phase' Dongwan replied.

'So, where is he going?'

'Library, I guess. That was where they met each other'

'He must be waiting for me then' Eric mumbled sheepishly.

'Huh? Why would he?' Junjin looked so confused.

Minwoo faked a cough and smiled cheekily, 'My dear friend, this Eric Mun is the same person who Hyesung's dating. AKA Mun Junghyuk. This is the real Junghyuk'

The look on Junjin and Dongwan's face was priceless causing Andy and Minwoo laughed louder.

(Eric's POV)

Eric decided to go for Hyesung. He excused himself and told Andy and Dongwan to explain everything to them. He ran out and went straight to the library, as expected Hyesung was there playing with his phone.

'Hello... Minwoo said you might be here. Can I seat here?' Eric gestured to the chair across Hyesung.

'Y-Yeah, sure' Hyesung was hesitated but he knew he needed to be polite with the new guy.

'They said you're waiting for your boyfriend. Have you called him?' 

Hyesung blushed and shook his head, 'I don't want to disturb him...' he muttered softly.

'But he wouldn't know you're waiting for him if you didn't call' 

'Yeah, you're right. I'll just text him' Hyesung smiled and typed in his phone.

*Junghyuk-ah~ Where are you? Are you sick?*

Eric could felt vibration in his pocket and gave an invisible smile. He waited for a minute before checking the text. Instantly, he replied.

*I'm sorry, Hyesungie~ I have some things to do :(*

Hyesung quickly checked his phone when he got a reply. A faint smile could seen on his face, he looked at Eric, 'He has other things to do' he said.

'So, how long are you guys together?' Eric leaned back on his chair.

'A month' he shyly confessed.

Eric swore seeing Hyesung's face was the death of him. He wanted to filled Hyesung's flawless face with kisses and hugged him like there was no tomorrow.

'I see... Hey, I'm having an exhibition this Saturday. Wanna come? The others are coming' Eric said, he knew by now Andy and Minwoo have told their boyfriends about it.

'Sure... Can I invite Junghyuk?'

'Of course! The more, the merrier' he grinned widely.

Eric : Sigh, my Hyesungie is too cute

'Okay! But what's the exhibition is for?'

'Well, my mum is releasing her latest collections and she appointed me as her photographer. And I can use the exhibition as an opportunity to display my photographs'

'Wah, you must be a talented photographer' 

Eric blushed at the compliment, 'N-Not really. I have a lot to learn' 

Hyesung stood up as he needed to attend his next class, 'Well then, I'll see you this Saturday then' he smiled before excusing himself.

X

(Hyesung's POV)

It was Saturday and Hyesung agreed to follow Minwoo and Andy to their cousin's exhibition. He was still a little bit sad when Junhyuk couldn't come as the older guy said he had plans with his family. He thought he might got an official first date that day.

'Yah, Hyesung... You don't have to look so sad. I'm sure that Junghyuk guy will make it up to you' Minwoo consoled his friend. They were currently walking inside the exhibition.

'I know... At least, I have to guys to go out with' he smiled.

He was surprised to see many reporters hurdling around the exhibition and when he looked at the photos displayed, he was shocked. Ciara brand was a clothing brand founded by Ciara Mun, instantly everything made sense to him. That was why Eric said his mum was releasing her collections. If this was Ciara and Eric Mun, then they must've been filthy rich as Hyesung knew about the family's background because Minwoo and Andy always told the gang about it.

'I want to introduce you guys to someone' Minwoo gestured.

'Aunty! Uncle! Elric hyung!' Minwoo called out.

The three people was smiling widely when they saw their beloved nephews and cousins. Minwoo introduced everyone one by one and when it came to Hyesung, they eyed him from top to bottom.

'E-Er... Hello, I'm Shin Hyesung' he smiled awkwardly.

Eric's mother's eyes widen and she clapped her hands in surprised, 'Omo! Is this Eric's...'

Before she could continued, Andy quickly shut , 'Aunty, he doesn't know about Eric hyung...' he whispered quietly that only the Muns could heard.

Mrs Mun nodded in understand and smiled widely at Hyesung, 'Ah, Hyesung-sshi, it's really nice to meet you. You should go to that section. Maybe a photograph might spark you interest' she winked playfully.

He smiled shyly and nodded. Hyesung went to the section that Mrs Mun said alone because the rest wanted to see other photographs. As soon as he laid at the first picture, he froze at his spot as his heart skipped a beat. His palms were sweating and he was anxious as to what to expect from the photograph.

The photograph was a picture of him smiling widely beside a window in a library who he assumed was his school library. He blushed when people started staring at him as they recognised Hyesung as the guy in the picture. What made him more embarrassed was the caption.

*Love of my life. You'll feel the happiest man alive if your other half is happy. By : E.M*

'Do you like what you see?' Someone suddenly appeared besides him and when he turned his head, there was Eric smiling widely at him.

'H-How did you get this picture? This is not your photograph...' Hyesung was feeling curious.

'How could you said that?' Eric pretended to feel hurt and continued, 'I was the one who took this picture, Hyesung-ah~ Remember? When we sat at another table that time' he whined cutely.

'J-Junghyuk?' Hyesung's eyes widen like a moon.

Eric nodded happily and wrapped his arms around Hyesung's waist, 'This is the real me that I told you about. Please don't hate me for this' he said softly.

'It would be a lie if I said I wasn't shocked but I'll never leave you, Junghyuk-ah. So, should I call you Junghyuk or Eric..?' 

'Either one that you feel comfortable'

'I like Junghyuk better' he winked playfully.

'Okay~ I really love you, Hyesung' he planted a soft kiss on Hyesung's head.

'I love you too' Hyesung wrapped his arms around Eric's waist and snuggled to the older guy closer.