Memoires (Part 1)

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : They've been reminiscing their old days when they were together 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

Today is the day. Do you still remember? It's been years so I bet you didn't remember. But it's okay if you don't because I do. 

After I cleaned my apartment, I went outside to roaming around the streets. If you want to know, today is a cold day just like the time when we first met.

I still remember that you are that playful boy who always likes to disturb people. I hated you back then because you always disturb me whenever I'm studying. How you would come to my class and disturb me by calling me names.

That time we were 10 years old and I didn't think that we could be friends. But in the end, we are and I never regretted it at all.

I roamed around the streets and saw a nice clothes shop ; the shop is called 'Urbans'. I bet that you would want to go inside here since you always like the kind of clothes they sell. I went inside to look for clothes that suit you. I know that you like to wear casual clothes with dark colours when you go outside and comfy clothes when you're at home. Just hoodies and sweatpants. Yup, that defined you a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric's POV

Kring! Kring! Kring!

The sound of my alarm had set off and it shows that I have to wake up. I took my shower and made myself a toast.

Today is a chill day and I decided to just stay at home. One because I'm too lazy to go outside and another one, main reason, is because today is the day. 

After all these years, I still think about you. Are you still thinking about me? Of course, you won't right. I'm nothing but just a friend. But meeting you is the best thing that happened in my life. 

Suddenly my phone rang.

'Hey babe! Let's go out please... The weather is so nice' 

'I want to stay home honey... Sorry' I apologised.

'I don't care! I want you to come with me!' my girlfriend whined.

Yes, I have a girlfriend. A model to be exact. I met her few years ago when I worked with her as her photographer. I like her bubbly and cheerful attitude because it reminds me of you. 

I tried to move on but I can't. Everything that I do, it will revolves around you. Maybe some part of me is still hoping to meet and hug you. But don't get me wrong, I love my girlfriend but it's just that the feeling is different.

'Okay okay, where do you want to go? I meet you there'

'Nottingham Street?'

'Okay'

'Thanks love!' 

After I hung up the phone, I get changed and went to meet my girlfriend, Sandra at Nottingham Street. Then we walked hand in hand and roamed around the street.

I saw a clothes shop that sell my type of clothes, it is called 'Urbans'. So, I went inside with my girlfriend even though I know that she doesn't like go to to these kind of shops. 

When I look around, I saw some clothes that would suits you. You like to wear shirt and sneakers because you are a simple person. When I was trying to find clothes that suits you, I remember about the old times.

I remember that I always like to tease you even though we are not friends. The first time I saw you, I know that you are different. I wanted to be friends with you but I don't know how.

And one day, I thanked God about it, I saw you being bullied with a bunch of guys. One of the guys pushed you down and you were in pain as your knees bleed. I quickly rushed towards you and beat the crap out of them. That time, I didn't care what was going to happen to me because I want to make sure that you're okay. I helped you to stand up and walked you home. 

The next day, you became nicer to me and you smiled at me. Can you believe it?! You smiled at me! I was the happiest guy on Earth! Since that day, we became friends. Close friends. No, closest friends! You would help me with studies and I would protect you from everyone who tried to bully you.

Haih, I miss the old days.

Our old days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

After spending hours in the shop, I've finally found a cute sweater. A navy blue sweater, your favourite colour.

Before walking outside the shop, I overheard a girl said to her boyfriend.

'I think you look good in bright colours... Right oppa?'

Then I heard that they have an argument.

'You always like dark colours! Ugh!' 

I scoffed at the immature girlfriend and went outside because they were catching people's attentions and I don't want to be a part of it. 

Honestly I didn't understand the girlfriend because I know the boyfriend's feeling hating bright clothes. Why? Because I did it to you once and you hate it so much.

Flashback (they were still friends)...

'Yah, I think it suits you' I said to you.

'Eww, no! I hate bright colours!' you gave me that 'eww' face.

'Fine... Let's find other clothes' I sighed. 

I really wanted to see you in bright colours clothes.

After paying, you called me.

'Hyesungie! Are you done? Because I've paid mine already' you said.

'Yes, I don't want to buy anything... What did you buy?' I asked trying to peek what was inside your shopping bag but you hid it from me.

'Something' 

'Show me!' 

'Nope' you protruded your tongue.

'Fine!' I pouted.

You just chuckled and ruffled my hair.

'Aigooo, don't sulk Hyesungie... Because you look so cute' I blushed at your words but still managed to keep a pout.

'Okay okay, here you can take a look' you smiled.

You gave your shopping bag to me and when I looked inside, I looked back at you who were grinning.

'I thought you hate bright colours clothes'

'I do but you don't... So whenever I come to your house or you come to mine, I will wear this'

I tsk at your childish behaviour but that kind of behaviour always managed to make my heart flutters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric's POV

'No matter what, I'm not going to wear it' I said to my girlfriend, Sandra.

'Why not? You have some in your wardrobe' she pouted. 

She looked cute with her pout but not as cute as you with yours.

'I have my reasons' 

'Fine!' she angrily and put the sweater put on the shelf. 

After looking around in the shop, we continued to stroll the street. Then I saw a bakery that sells my favourite buns. Red beans bun.

'Let's have a coffee here' I smiled at Sandra.

Her face lit up and nodded. She immediately grabbed my arm and went inside the cafe. We sat hidden from the public eyes' because Sandra doesn't like to meet people who would recognised her.

Like most cafés, we have to pay first. So, I bought two lattes and a red bean bun as Sandra doesn't want anything. As I'm paying, I heard two guys have a conversation.

'You always come here... Good good, I like it... You make my cafe's business sale increased'

'Hahaha, it's nothing Uncle Jim... Your breads here are the best'

'Wah, such a sweet talker! As your reward, here... Your custard buns' 

'Really? Thank you! I'm craving for it in awhile now... Thanks again, Uncle Jim... See you later!'

'Okay, goodbye son!' 

Once again, my memories refreshed when I heard the word 'custard buns'. How you adore custard buns as if it's the only food in this world. 

How you would drag me into every bakery in town just to try custard buns. And as always, I have to pay but I don't mind because as long as you're happy, I'm happier.

'Eric-ah, this is the best! You should try some!' 

'Nah, I'll pass... I'm still full... Just eat okay' I smiled at you.

You nodded happily and continues to eat your bread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

As always, I would go to Uncle Jim's bakery to get my bread.

'You always come here... Good good, I like it... You make my cafe's business sale increased'

'Hahaha, it's nothing Uncle Jim... Your breads here are the best'

'Wah, such a sweet talker! As your reward, here... Your custard buns' 

'Really? Thank you! I'm craving for it in awhile now... Thanks again, Uncle Jim... See you later!'

'Okay, goodbye son!' 

As I walked out, I heard a guy said 'Two lattes and 1 red bean bun'

I smiled as I suddenly remember that you too like to eat red bean buns. Every weekend, we would try to look for your bun as it was kinda hard to find them in our town. 

I still remember how you pouted when we can't find them and how you grinned like a child when you ate them. One of the weekends, I made red bean buns for the first time as you were craving for it like crazy. It was not a success but when I showed to you, you grinned and are them. All gone! I smiled when I saw you eat hungrily. 

Flashback...

'Thank you Hyesungie! They are the best!'

'But it's not a success tho' I said sadly.

'No, don't say like that! Everything that you made is delicious'

'Yah, this is my first time cooking' I chuckled.

'Still, it's delicious'

'Thank you' I smiled as you grinned at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric's POV

After saying goodbye to Sandra, I straight go back home because I'm in no mood to do anything. I just want to chill and relax in my apartment. 

After changing into my comfy clothes, I just lie down on my sofa and just keep staring at the ceiling. My mind wanders about you as I'm wearing my bright colour sweater that you like so much. 

I chuckled when I remember about my confession. Do you still remember?

That time we were 19 years old and that exact day, someone confessed to you. A girl. She was one of the top students in out school and everyone shipped you with her. Why? Because she is perfect for you. 

Straight A's student. An excellent athlete. Kind. Very pretty girl. And every aspects that you want as a girlfriend. 

Yeah sure, you always received confessions from girls but this girl was different because she is PERFECT for you. People always wished that you would be together with you and sometimes when we hang out, you would talked about her.

Flashback...

'Eric, what do you think of Tiffany?'

'Excuse me?' I choked on my water.

'Are you okay Eric-ah? Geez, you are always careless' you scolded.

'I'm sorry... What were you saying?'

'I said, what do you think of Tiffany?' 

'Well I think she's perfect for you since you guys both are top students in our school... I think you should be with her' I smiled trying to give you the most sincere smile to you.

But I couldn't hide the ache in my heart because it hurts so much when I said those words. Some part of me want you to say 'Nah, I don't like her at all' but instead you just kept quiet and smiled at me as if you genuinely liked her too.

One day, I suddenly overheard her confession to you and I couldn't bear to hear it, so I quickly got out from here. Unfortunately, I hit the locker and I have a feeling that you noticed me.

The next few days, we acted like nothing happened. I didn't ask you about it and you didn't talk about it. We were still friends but we kept a distant between us. 

Then I couldn't hold it any longer because I couldn't continue to be friends with you when I was actually in love with you. So I sent a text to you saying that I have to meet you at your favourite cafe. 

Much to my relieved, you came with a smile and I smiled back but it was a bitter smile. We sat at the corner of the cafe, hidden from public eyes'.

My chance to be rejected is 50/50 because I know that you wouldn't like me. A GUY! But I will take the risk as I couldn't bear this feeling any longer. I know that I was in love with you when you were always with me throughout my career as a photographer. You would always encourage and support me while others turned their backs on me. 

Seeing your smile makes my heart calm. And because of you, I'm a photographer now. Not a famous photographer but it's good enough for me.

'What's wrong Eric?' you asked with such a concern eyes.

'Nothing... We need to talk' I said seriously and I notice a sudden change in your face.

'I know about Tiffany's confession to you... So, what did you say? Did you say yes?' I said seriously.

Looking at his quiet attitude makes my heart ache. So before you could say anything, I confessed.

'I like you... I really really like you... More than friends... I know it's kinda weird for you because I'm guy and I'm your friend... But I don't care because I couldn't be friends with you if I'm in love with you as a boyfriend, not as a friend... I don't expect any reply and if you don't like, please reject me in the right way... And if you don't like me in return, it's okay... I'm not mad, I'm not... Never, I could never be mad at you' 

After my confession, I could see your tears. I was panicked as I was afraid that you were in so shocked.

'Don't cry! Please, don't cry... I hate to see you cry... I know that my confession was so sudden and it was quite shocking... If you want me to leave, then fine... I'll leave okay' I tried to console you.

Before you could went out from the cafe, you pulled me into your embrace before you kissed me. YOU KISSED ME!! I felt that I was in a lucid dream. 

After you calmed down a bit, you said 'You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear your confession to me'

'W-What?' I couldn't understand you.

'I've been in love with you since the first day I met you... You don't know how hurt I was when I found out that you have a girlfriend back then... But I'm grateful that you love me now... More than friends' you confessed too.

At that time, I kissed you again and you replied back. The whole evening we spent our coffee together and we talked about how stupid we were for not realising.

'I'm scared Eric-ah' you said to me.

Instantly, I knew what you meant. Being in love with same genders in our country is not acceptable for the society. I was worried too but knowing that I was with you, I knew that everything was going to be okay. 

I smiled at you and kissed you again. God, I love kissing you.

'Don't worry babe, I know... Knowing that you will be with me, I'm sure we could face this together'

Trust me, that was the best day in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

Since I don't use my car, I decided to walk back home. As I was walking, I reminisced our memories together. Our first confession.

I loved you since the first day we met. I still remember when I cried in my sleep when you told me that you have a girlfriend. When I met her, I was so shocked because she's so much better than me. So that time, I surrendered.

Then when, you told me you've broken up with her I was so happy that I could dance on that exact time. But seeing you sad made my heart ache. Why? First because I don't like to see you sad and second was because I could see that you genuinely liked her.

As time flies, you already forgot about her and I'm glad. During our recess together, I asked you about Tiffany since people always ship her and I. I want, no, I MUST to ask you about her so that I can see your reaction. Whether if you were jealous but unfortunately, you seemed to support us. I was hurt by your 'encouraging' words.

That day had finally come when Tiffany confessed to me. 

'Oppa, I hope that you would like my gift'

'Haha, thank you Tiffany-ah' I awkwardly accepted her gift.

I knew that she would confess to me.

'Oppa, please accept my heart... I really do like you... Not because what people said about us' she confessed and smiled shyly.

When I was about to say something, I heard some noises and I could see your figure running away from the locker. But maybe it was only my imagination. 

'Tiffany-ah, you are a good person but I only like you as a friend... You are too good to be with me... I'm sure that you will find someone better than me... Trust me on that, I'm sorry Tiffany-ah' I said.

I thought that she would cry but she just chuckled and smiled.

'Hahaha, I knew that you were going to reject me... Your heart is not with me, but with him... Go to him, oppa... Confess just like I did to you' she encouraged me.

I blushed and just nodded.

'Hahaha, you're so cute when you blush... I'm sure that he will like you also' Tiffany said to me and excused herself.

After the confession, I tried to gather my courage to confess but words can't seemed to come out from my mouth. You on the other hand, tried to keep a distant from me. Why? Did I do something wrong?

One day you sent a text to me saying that you need to see me. I smiled at the text and went to see you.

At the cafe, I smiled at you and you smiled back but there was something different about your smile as if you forced it. Why?

We sat down at the corner of the cafe, hidden from people. When we sat, you started asking about Tiffany's confession to me. I was too stunned to reply but the next words coming from your mouth made me shocked.

You confessed to me!! 

After you confessed, I still was in a frozen state and I think seeing me in that state, made you panicked. So you excused yourself saying that you wanted to give me some space. And luckily at that time, I regained my conscious. I pulled you towards me and kissed you. That time, you were in shocked. 

Then I confessed my feelings to you and I never regretted it. That evening we spent our time together by drinking coffee with our fingers intertwined together. 

I told you that I'm scared. I'm scared about people's reaction, but mostly about our parents' reaction. What would they have to say? What would they think?

The reality came back to me when I have already arrive at my apartment building. Wow, that was fast! When I'm walking towards my apartment, I saw a figure standing in front of my door. 

And I immediately recognise the figure. Kangta. My current boyfriend. I met him at work as he was my producer at that time. He is funny, has this charismatic aura and charming. I like him because I don't know.

Maybe he reminds me of you. 

Yes, you. I still can't move on from loving you. I love Kangta but not to that extent my love for you. 

'I told you that I don't want to go out or to see anyone' I said when I stand beside him to open my apartment door.

Even though Kangta and I have been together for 6 months now, I never told him about my apartment's passcode. Maybe because I don't want him to ask about you since your birthday is my passcode. 

'I'm sorry babe but I have to meet you... We haven't seen each other for a week now' he said quietly. 

'Yeah but you should've call first'

'I'm sorry' he looked down.

I look at Kangta and I feel bad for him. It took him months to get my attention and after quite some times, I finally accepted him. Maybe because I just want to replace you in my heart. But sadly, it didn't work. 

I tried to love Kangta but I don't love him as much as I love you.

'Just wait here... I'll prepare food for you' I said and he smiled at me.

Then as I'm preparing my food for him, he suddenly back hugged me. Oh, how I wish it is you who back hug me as you always did back then. 

'I love you, Hyesung-ah' 

I froze when he said that. Ever since we date, I never told him that I love him as I feel it doesn't sound right. As if, if I said that it sounds fake and insincere. 

Then I come back to my sense and continue to make him food. After that, I gave him the food that I made. 

'I'm sorry, Kangta-ah but I feel so tired today... So, I'm going inside first... Just do whatever you want here okay' 

'It's okay Hyesung-ah, I understand. Goodnight love'

'Goodnight' I smiled at him and went inside my room.

Did I tell you that I never let him went inside my room? Yeah, I don't.

It's 9 o'clock at night and Kangta texted me.

Hyesung-ah, thank you for dinner... Love it as usual... Hope you feel better... Goodnight again love...

I just smiled faintly at the text. You don't know how much I want you to text me. Like you always did back then.

Goodnight, Hyesungie~ Don't forget to brush your teeth first okay!

Good morning, Prince~ Hope you have a lovely dream last night... About me at least ^^

Hyesungie~

Yeah, I'm still waiting for your text...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric's POV

I regained my conscious from thinking about you when Sandra called.

'Oppa, are you asleep?'

I looked at my watch and it is 9 o'clock. It's about time for me to sleep.

'About to... Why?'

'Nothing, I just wanted to say thank you for today'

'Nah, it's nothing... Glad you have fun, Sandra-ah' 

'Okay then, hahaha... Goodnight, oppa... Love you!' Sandra said.

'Goodnight... Me too' I said.

Did I tell you that I never said 'I Love You' to Sandra out loud. I only said 'Me too' or 'Same here'. 

Why? Because my 'I Love You' is only for you. It sounds right when I said it to you.

I went inside my room and get changed into my comfy pyjamas. Before I go to sleep, I think about our day today.

Do you remember what day is it supposed to be today? I bet you don't. 

It's the day where we supposed to have our first official date together as a couple, 11th November.

But what happened? You leave me! All of the sudden! On that day, I came to pick you up as usual. But I was greeted by an empty house and the 'House for sale' sign. I didn't want to believe it so I waited in front of your house. In cold. 

After hours waiting, I was greeted by a friendly aunty.

'Son, what are you doing here? It's a cold day today'

'I'm waiting for my friend... He lives here' I lied at the word 'friend' and pointed to your house.

'This house? Oh my! They have moved, dear'

Then my heart dropped as my prediction was correct. You moved. Without even telling me. I met you 3 days ago and you looked fine. You didn't say anything. Why? Why did you have to make me suffer alone?

'To where, aunty?' 

'USA... I'm sorry son, but I have to go now... I need to prepare dinner for my family' 

I nodded and waved her goodbye. USA? Why do you have to move so far. Do you hate me that much? Why? Am I that disgusting? Did your parents didn't approve our relationship? Because my parents approve.

Since that day, I always come to your house hoping that you would open the door for me and said that it was just a prank. But unfortunately, it wasn't a prank. 

After a few years I studied hard to be a photographer, I got the chance to go to USA. I was hoping to meet you because I believe in fate. Our fate. But I never saw you. But it's okay because my hope in finding you never fade. I still believe in OUR fate. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

Do remember what day is today? 11th November. The day where I felt most guilty towards you because we supposed to have our first date together.

Everything that happened was my fault and it is still mine. But I didn't know at all what was going to happen.

2 days before our date, my mum came into my room and said 'Hyesung, we are going to move'

I, who was texting you immediately sit up straight only bed and said 'Excuse me?'

'We are going to move... To USA... Your dad has work there to do'

'You should've told me earlier' I angrily said.

'I know and I'm sorry, Hyesung... I just found out yesterday' she said sorrily.

'When are we going to move?' I tried to calm down.

'Tomorrow?' my mum said with uncertain voice, afraid about my reaction.

'WHAT?! TOMORROW?!' I yelled.

'I'm really sorry, Hyesung... I know, it's my fault' my mum tried to touch me but I jerked her hands away.

'Leave' I said coldly.

'I...' she tried to say something but she just sighed and went out before saying 'I'm sorry'

I didn't tell you because I'm scared about your reaction. Yes, I was a coward guy for not fighting back because that time I was too young to decide for myself.

Then after I graduated, I said to my parents that I want to move to Korea. They couldn't understand why since we have no one there since all of our families move to USA. 

During dinner that night, I told them everything about you, about our date and everything. My mum is in shocked the most and she cried as she felt so guilty about it. 

On the good side, they supported our relationship and still are. My dad felt guilty too as he quickly bought tickets and an apartment for me back in Korea.

It's been seven years now since I last saw you. And trust me, I still couldn't forget your face, your scent, your voice and everything about you. I just hope that one day I would meet you. Because I have faith in US.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric's POV

'I LOVE YOU SHIN HYESUNG... I STILL DO' I cried in my sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

'I LOVE YOU ERIC MUN... I STILL DO' I cried in my sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes,

To love is to feel...
Not to see...