Rumours

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : There is a rumour circulating around about the Vice President of Shinhwa High School. And Eric Mun found himself confused whether to believe or not when he started spending his time with the Vice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There’s some rumours going on about a student in Shinhwa High School. The reason why it stuck on everyone to know about it is because that student is the Vice President and is some serious rumours. Even so, the said person doesn’t seem to give a damn about what people said about him. Yeah, people constantly talk about him but they don’t mind that they even like the student even more.

‘Hyesung!’ someone called a handsome figure after class.

‘Yeah?’ he gave a smile at the person making the person blushed a little. Everyone dies whenever they see Hyesung’s killer smile, it’s as if he is hypnotising them.

‘P-President called’ he stuttered and looked away.

‘Alright, thank you’ he nodded as a sign he received the info.

But he didn’t get up from his chair immediately. Instead he stared at one specific student who is leaving the class. To other people, the person being stared is just a normal high school student but to Hyesung, he is something more than just ordinary. The way he brings himself in the school somehow made Hyesung feel so curious but at the same time, he is afraid to strike up a conversation. All he knows is his name. Eric Mun.

(Student Council)

‘Hyesung, you’re late’ the school president, Kangta, commented right after Hyesung walked into the class.

‘I have things to do’ he replied lazily and when he looked up, he literally froze. He never expect to see Eric in the room.

‘What are you standing there? Come here’ the president frowned and gestured him to seat at his own seat.

‘So, why did you call?’ Hyesung asked straight to the point, trying not to look at Eric.

‘You’ll be working with Eric for this upcoming project’ Kangta explained clearly.

‘You guys are classmates, right?’ he continued. Hyesung and Eric just nodded after a brief eye contact.

‘Then, that settled. Thanks again, Eric for doing this’

‘No problem. It’s an honour that you want to use my skill’ he replied. After that, he excused himself as he said he has another class to attend. Right after he left, Hyesung dashed towards Kangta and tried to strangle the poor guy.

‘What the hell are you trying to do?! Where’s Ji Hoon?!’ he said with a whole new level of annoyance. The upcoming project is for the school’s festival and Hyesung is in-charge of the designs which he needs to take pictures around the area. But considering that he doesn’t know how to take pictures, he already asked Ji Hoon to help him.

‘Ji Hoon is going on vacation’ Kangta replied lazily.

‘WHAT VACATION IN THE MIDDLE OF SCHOL?!’

Kangta just rolled his eyes and holds Hyesung to calm him down, ‘I’m just helping you’

Hyesung shot him a glare but it doesn’t affect him because he is already used to it, ‘Helping me with what?’

‘You know… You and him’

‘What do you mean?’ he raised his eyebrows.

‘Oh, stop playing dumb Hyesung. Anyway, he is really good. Even better than Ji Hoon, so I think that he is the best for this job’

Seeing that Kangta already dropped the subject, Hyesung knows there’s nothing he can do so he just agreed to it.

(Next day)

‘So, let’s discuss’ Hyesung said casually after he and Eric went to the discussion room near the council room. Eric shrugged his shoulder and took a seat opposite of Hyesung. The entire discussion, Hyesung could sense something because all Eric did was nodding his head and threw short comments about the project.

Before leaving, Hyesung decided to ask so he grabbed Eric’s wrist.

Eric just looked at him without a word.

‘You look like you don’t like me. You barely said more than 5 words during entire discussion’ Hyesung said.

‘Hyesung… I don’t have any good feelings towards you’ he stared at the vice intensely.

‘I despise people who sell himself to people… Someone like you’ Eric looked at him with no emotions but yet his tone isn’t cold and hatred. It’s simple… Straight-forward.

Hyesung’s heart thumped and soon a smirk appeared on his face. He pulled Eric closer to him and examined the older guy carefully.

‘So you’ve heard the rumours? Want to be next?’ he said with such lust in his tone.

The rumours have it that Hyesung is a guy full of lust. His charms that could lure anyone to him making him to be able to order him around. Knowing that he has the ability, he uses it and works at a club. Some students, not only from the same school, saw him walking out from the club with some guys and some girls. But well… Some believe, some do not.

‘I told you…’ Eric sighed and slowly released his hands from Hyesung’s.

‘I despise people who sell his body. But since working with you is for school carnival, I have to bear with it for while’ Eric explained and just casually leave the room.

The smirk slowly fades on Hyesung’s face as it slowly replaces with a faint smile.

Hyesung : That’s the kind of honesty that I don’t have

X

‘Where are you?’ Eric asked when he made a phone call to Hyesung. They both agree to go out to take pictures around the city that is related to the theme. And now, Eric is waiting for Hyesung and he is 15 minutes late.

‘Coming! Coming!’ Hyesung said hurriedly.

Before Eric could say anything, he saw Hyesung’s figure who is running towards him with a bag sling over his shoulder. Hyesung was about to wave hello until he tripped but luckily Eric was in time to catch him.

‘Thanks…’ Hyesung smiled embarrassingly.

‘Let’s go’ Eric muttered and went ahead to the destination.

Even though Eric doesn’t talk much, he observed Hyesung from time to time. He thought that Hyesung is what people always said. Cold but approachable. Sweet but full of lust. But they are actually dead wrong. The Hyesung that Eric is going out with currently is the total opposite although the luring charm is still there. Hyesung is clumsy but can be adorable at the same time. That made Eric starting to feel curious about him.

‘What do you want?’ Hyesung asked when they decided to stop by at a café for lunch.

‘Ice latte and pasta carbonara’ Eric replied. He watched Hyesung as the younger guy ordered his food too. He also noticed how flustered the cashier is when Hyesung was interacting with him. Even though it’s a casual customer/worker interaction, the aura Hyesung was giving out is somehow ual that made the cashier blushed constantly.

‘I want to sit there!’ Hyesung said cheerfully and went to seat at the respective place. Another thing Eric noticed is that Hyesung is different when he’s with him. It’s as if it’s Hyesung’s true form.

‘Why are you like this?’ Eric asked straight to the point.

‘Like what?’ Hyesung blinked in eyes with confusion. The conversation was put on hold when the orders arrived. Eric saw a smirk on Hyesung’s face and couldn’t help but to look at the tissue paper Hyesung was staring at.

‘Typical…’ Hyesung crumbled the paper and threw it on the tray. Eric didn’t ask him what is that all about since he saw the number figures on the tissue which he assumes the cashier’s phone number.

‘Anyway, what did you mean by like this?’ Hyesung continued the paused conversation.

‘When you’re with me, you’re different. When you’re with other people, you’re different. Why?’

Hyesung just shrugged his shoulder and sipped his ice tea, ‘Don’t know…’

‘It’s as if you’re showing me your true self to me’

Hyesung stopped drinking and looked at Eric briefly.

Hyesung : How can he be so observant?

‘Maybe because I want to make you like me?’ he smirked.

‘I won’t like you’ he stared at Hyesung as he wanted to make Hyesung clear. But deep down inside his heart, it is the total opposite and he didn’t understand why he feeling like that.

‘You believe in the rumours?’

‘Is it true?’

‘I don’t know myself’

‘Hyesung…’ Eric said and sighed. He stared directly into Hyesung’s eyes which made the younger guy’s heart thump.

‘Maybe you shouldn’t look at a person’s eyes for too long. Your eyes is like full of lust that can lure everyone into your world’

Hyesung held his breath at his words. He knew why people talked about it and about the rumours but he never expected someone to tell him directly.

‘Then, I should be blind’ he whispered.

‘No!’ Eric looked up to him with astonished face.

‘You’ll never be able to see the beauty part of the world’

‘Wanna go together then?’ Hyesung asked expectantly.

‘Where?’

‘To see the beauty part’

Eric looked at him and then outside the window while mumbling, ‘Depends…’

Hyesung smiled happily as he managed to make Eric open up to him a little. The day was ended by them bidding goodbye at the train station.

XXX

Hyesung was usually alone and he didn’t mind it but ever since he met Eric, he always thought about the older guy. Although with the short period of time, Hyesung felt it was the most blissful moment in his life and he never had the courage to talk to Eric in class. They just looked at each other without saying a thing and then do their own business. He knew that he must not expected much from Eric because the older guy clearly told him that he despised him.

Eric was always alone but he didn’t mind it but ever since he met Hyesung, he always wondered what the Vice President is doing. He can’t look at him secretly in class since he sat in front so the only moment is when they made accidental eye-contact. The rumours were still circulating but the more he thought about that, the more Hyesung’s true form appeared. That made him utterly confused.

XXX

'Mum, I'm going to take a walk for a while' Eric said when he passed by the kitchen.

'Alright~' she chirped.

'Be safe, young master' Eric's butlers bowed politely when he made his way out. 

Since Eric was legal enough to have a driving license, he made it as a habit to drive around the area ; sometimes with his car and sometimes with his motorbike. It had been awhile since he last went to Hongdae and tonight he decided to go there.

Hongdae street is the best at night. Street musicians would be playing, college students would wander around having fun or on a date, families hanging out together as if it was their weekly activity. But at the end of the street, there would be a lot of bars and clubs and honestly, Eric didn't like it because he never the type of person who socialised.

He was about to turn around when he saw a scene at one of the clubs.

'What kind of club is this?!' a customer yelled furiously.

A medium-size man who Eric assumed the manager was trying hard to calm him down, 'I-I'm sorry, sir but what is the problem?

'That worker of yours is being rude! I was just asking if he wanted to hang with me for tonight. I thought you can do that at this club!' he glared at the manager.

The manager looked at the customer apologetically and then glared at the said worker. Eric's heart stopped for awhile when he recognised the worker. Hyesung!

'I'm sorry but I'm not a e!' Hyesung hissed under his breath while glaring at the customer.

'Hyesung! How dare you said like that to our VVIP?!' the manager scolded loudly causing everyone around looked at the scene.

'If this is how your workers treat your customer, you better shut down the damn fcking club!'

'Wait, sir!' the manager tried to hold his arms but he shook it away angrily.

'I'm going to blacklist this club' he scoffed before walking off.

'SHIN HYESUNG! What have you done?!' the manager yelled as loud as he can at Hyesung.

Hyesung looked unaffected but his expression soon changed when the manager said the words next.

'You're fired! And say goodbye to the orphanage!' 

Hyesung turned pale and begged the manager to let him work. He thought he would be hit by him when he raised his hand but the hit never arrived. When he looked up, his eyes widen when he saw Eric who was glaring angrily at the manager.

'That's not how you treat your worker' he said coldly.

'Ex-worker' he slapped Eric's hand away.

'And you! Tell that old lady that she's better be prepared for the close down'

'No! Please... You can't close down the orphanage!' Hyesung begged.

'Too late! We have just lost one of the most customers thanks to you bastard. And you would still have to pay the debt by this week' he glared.

'How much is the debt?' Eric interrupted.

‘2k’ he showed a figure of 2.

‘I’ll pay for him’ Eric said determinedly and went inside the club to make the payment while holding Hyesung’s wrist.

‘How can a high school student like you pay?’ the manager scoffed.

Eric just ignored his remarks and gave him his credit card, more specific Black Card. It is a card where you can spend anything in Korea without any limit and only certain people could have the card, mostly royalties and VVIPs ; socialite. The manager’s eyes widen so did Hyesung’s when they saw the card but tried to keep a straight face.

‘Done?’ Eric looked at him coldly.

‘Y-Yes’ he nodded timidly, completely was taken aback.

‘Good. Now, I don’t want to see you or any of your people harassing Hyesung. If not, I’ll beat you up myself’ he said with a low voice before heading out from the club.

Hyesung didn’t say a word when it happened because he was confused and scared. He never seen Eric like that and it scared him a lot.

‘E-Eric’ he tried to say the older guy’s name.

‘Don’t say a word, Hyesung. Or else I might leave you here’ he said calmly but you can sense an intense anger from him. Hyesung only managed to nod. The only interaction that they had that night was Eric asking Hyesung for the directions to his house.

‘Hmm… Thanks for just now’ Hyesung awkwardly scratched his head.

Eric just stared at him without a word and Hyesung slowly made his way inside his house.

‘Let’s meet after school tomorrow’ Eric said and seeing Hyesung nodded slightly, he leave with his motorbike.

XXX

‘Vice President, you’re staying back to discuss about the festival right’

‘Ah, no I can’t’ Hyesung said but he wasn’t sure himself if Eric really meant what he said.

‘Eh? Are you okay? You’re not sick, aren’t you?’ she looked concern. Hyesung didn’t usually skip a meeting especially about important events.

‘Excuse me but he’s going to be with me now’ Eric appeared from behind before walking away with Hyesung.

Even though Hyesung was once again confused, he somehow was happy that Eric stepped in and wanted to have a talk with him even though he knew it was not going to pleasant.

‘Why?’ was Eric’s first word when they arrived at a park.

‘Why what?’

‘Why did you work at that club?’

Hyesung smiled faintly and went to sit at the nearest swing, ‘I’m adopted and the orphanage I was living was in debt because the principle was desperate for money. I don’t want to ask my parents because I feel like I already troubled them especially when my little brother was born’

‘You’re stupid you know that?’ Eric stared at him, with the same expression Hyesung first saw. Emotionless.

‘I am’ he chuckled lightly.

‘What are you going to do if you can’t pay them back? Be their slave until you die?!’ Eric started raising his voice due to frustrations.

‘I was planning to work very hard so that I can have a successful job to pay them’ he innocently said.

‘You really are stupid’ Eric’s tone went back to normal.

‘Don’t worry, Eric. I’ll pay you as soon as possible’ he looked at Eric.

‘I don’t want in a form of money’

Hyesung blinked his eyes cutely, ‘Then?’

‘You have to be with me until the debt is paid. Stop giving out that lust aura and stay away from those kind of places. Don’t let people near you, if they do, just beat them up. And lastly, show me your true self. Stop hiding behind that mask’ Eric smiled for the first time and Hyesung was star struck.

‘I would gladly do that for you’ Hyesung smiled widely.

‘We are going to go back together from now on and we would go out every weekend’

‘Doing what?’ Hyesung asked but from his look, he was already liking it.

‘Anything. We’ll figure out’

‘Okay’ he nodded.

Eric stood up and casually held Hyesung’s hands while walking back home.

‘Can we go stargazing this weekend?’ Hyesung looked at him.

‘Okay. I know a perfect place’ he said and looked at him back with a faint smile. Hyesung froze when Eric suddenly gave a quick peck on the head.

‘I’m looking forward to it’ Hyesung grinned widely and tighten his hand.

‘Me too…’ Eric replied and tighten his hand too.