Heartbroken Love (Part 3 - Ending)

Ricsyung's Dribbles

(Two months later)

‘Eric, can I ask you something?’ Dongwan asked.

‘Hmm?’ Eric looked up after he was done doing coffee art.

‘Have you starting to fall for Hyesung?’

‘What made you said that?’

Minwoo who was standing beside Dongwan interrupted, ‘Well, it’s easy. You look happier than before and you always with your phone, which you rarely did’ he explained.

‘Maybe… Maybe not…’ Eric gave his infamous answer and continued doing his art.

‘Yah, Eric Mun!’ Minwoo yelled in frustrations.

‘What’s wrong, hyung?’ Junjin asked as he was done receiving payments from the customers.

‘This hyung of yours, he’s not telling us about his relationship with Hyesung’

‘Maybe he doesn’t want to jinx it if he says it’ Junjin shrugged his shoulder.

Eric grinned widely and patted Junjin’s back, ‘We have a winner! No wonder Andy likes you’ he laughed.

‘Even if I don’t say it, Andy would still like me’ Junjin rolled his eyes and resumed his work.

‘Hello…’ a voice was heard, halted the guys’ conversation.

Eric’s ears caught the voice and quickly he stood in front of the cashier, ‘Hello, Hyesung! What do you want?’

‘Since I’ve tried everything that you made, I want to drink Royal Purple. Take away please’ he smiled.

‘Alright, coming right up’ he said enthusiastically.

After 15 minutes, Eric came out with the said drinks.

‘Here you go…’ he smiled as he carefully put the drink on the table.

Before Eric leave, Hyesung stopped him by holding his wrist.

‘Eric…’ Hyesung called softly.

Eric slowly turned around and took a seat across Hyesung.

‘Are you free this weekend?’

‘No, I’m busy. I’m planning to finish my COD. Why?’

Hyesung hesitantly said, ‘I thought that you want to come with me to an event that I’m going on Saturday night. But since, you’re busy I can just ask my friends’ he smiled awkwardly.

‘Of course I can postpone my COD game. Want to go together?’

‘Sure. But can you also accompany to buy some stuffs at Hongdae? I’m sorry that I’m asking too much’ he said apologetically.

‘No! It’s fine…’ Eric shook his hands and continued, ‘I like it when you ask me to do things with you. I feel appreciated’ he smiled.

‘Thanks, Eric. I’ll text you the details’

‘Is tomorrow fine? I don’t have work’

‘Can but we have to go a little bit late because I have some things to do’

‘Sure, okay’ Eric nodded.

‘Then, I’ll see you tomorrow Eric’ Hyesung stood up to bid goodbye.

‘Okay, bye bye Hyesung’ he waved goodbye.

After Hyesung left, he whistled happily towards the bar.

‘Why do you look happier? Did something happen?’ Minwoo raised his eyebrows.

‘Nothing~ Just that I’m going out with Hyesung tomorrow’

‘Wah, someone is making some progressions~’ Minwoo smirked.

‘Of course’ he shrugged his shoulder and went inside his office.

(Next day)

‘Hey, Hyesung… I’m already here, in front of this clothing shop, H&M’ Eric said when Hyesung picked up his call.

‘Oh! I’m near there, wait for me for awhile okay’

‘Okay’ he nodded before hanging up.

‘Eric!’ someone called his name.

Eric turned around and saw Hyesung who was running towards him.

‘Sorry, have you waited long?’

‘Yeah, about an hour’ Eric casually joked with him.

Hyesung looked fluster, ‘Really? Oh , I’m so sorry!’ he apologised.

Eric laughed out loud and shook his hands, ‘I was kidding! I just arrived too…’ he smiled.

‘Yah!’ Hyesung punched his arm lightly.

‘Ouch…’ Eric massaged his arm and said, ‘So, where should we go to?’

‘Hmm, I need to find something formal to wear to that event’

‘So, does that mean I have to find too?’

‘Well, if you don’t have formal attires at home’

‘I do… But can I not wear it?’ Eric looked at Hyesung with pleading eyes.

‘I’ll pretend that I don’t know you…’ he glared at the older guy.

‘Really..?’

‘Really…’ Hyesung said calmly but in a threatening tone.

Eric smiled nervously and patted Hyesung’s back playfully, ‘Aigoo, I was just kidding! Let’s find you a suit!’ he changed the subject and dragged Hyesung to a tuxedo shop that he knew.

‘Welcome~’ the workers greeted Eric and Hyesung in a friendly manner. Some even blushed when Eric smiled at them and some adored Hyesung’s pretty features.

‘This guy needs a suit and I know this shop has the best one’ Eric smiled at the manager.

‘R-Right this way’ he showed the both guys to the back of the store and the female workers followed them from behind. Hyesung’s eyes widen at the collections of suits and he was pretty sure that the suits they were selling made from high quality textile.

‘So, what’s the occasion?’ Eric asked instead of the manager.

‘Hmm…’ Hyesung thought about it for awhile and said, ‘Night gala. All VIPs are coming, so that’s why it’s formal’

Eric nodded in understanding, ‘VIPs like to dress up really nicely so that they can stand out and they hate it to see other people especially normal people like us dress nicer than them. So, let’s pick something that make them don’t hate you but at the same time, it will make you shine discreetly’ he explained and started looking for suits.

‘Let’s pretend I understand’ Hyesung smiled awkwardly and followed Eric.

‘This one…’

‘Oh, this would suit you…’

‘I like this one’

‘Did I tell you that you look good in dark blue?’

Eric literally picked all the suits that he thought he liked and gave them to Hyesung. Hyesung smiled at Eric’s determination but it had becoming a lot in his hands.

‘Eric…’ he called gently making the said guy stopped and looked at him.

‘This…’ Hyesung lifted the suits that Eric chose.

‘Too much?’ he said worriedly.

‘Becoming too’ he chuckled.

‘Okay, you go try them on’ he gestured.

Hyesung nodded, ‘Just wait here and don’t go look for more. This is more than enough’ he said and walked into the dressing room.

‘Hyesung, are you done..?’ Eric whined when Hyesung took a long time in the room.

‘Must I come out? Can’t I try inside and then showed it to you when I finally decide on a suit?’ he pleaded.

‘Nope!’ he replied.

‘Wait… 5 more minutes’

‘I’ll give you 10 seconds before I ask the manager to open the dressing room for you’ he threatened.

‘Fine! Fine!’ Hyesung quickly said and opened the door.

‘Hmm…’ Eric looked at Hyesung for a few minutes.

‘So?’ Hyesung asked nervously.

‘Next!’ he passed.

‘Not good?’

‘It’s not that it’s not good but it’s not the one’ he explained.

‘Okay…’ Hyesung pouted and went into the room.

Eric chuckled at Hyesung adorableness. He kept rejecting until for the hundredth times, he finally said yes when Hyesung came out with a white suit with black linings. To be seriously honest, his heart kinda thumped when he saw Hyesung in that suit because he looked like an angel who fallen from the sky.

‘Please say yes… I’m tired’ he pouted.

‘Yes…’ Eric said but Hyesung thought he was joking.

‘Eric, I’m serious. If it’s not the one, I can go change again’

‘No, I’m serious!’ Eric said loudly making Hyesung stunned.

‘Y-You look good. Damn good’ he blushed when he praised the younger guy.

‘Really?!’ he perked up at Eric’s praise.

‘Yup, all eyes are definitely going to be on you that night’ he winked playfully making Hyesung blushed.

‘T-Thanks. I’m going to pay now’ he hurriedly said and went to change into his normal clothes.

As they were paying, the cashier stared at Hyesung for a long time as if she was examining his face.

‘Y-Yes?’ Hyesung smiled awkwardly when he noticed the gaze he was receiving.

‘You’re Shin Hyesung right? The DJ announcer’ she asked.

Hyesung didn’t know if he should feel scared or happy when the cashier recognised him. Happy because someone actually did recognise him, scared because she knew him but might be in a bad way.

‘And you’re Eric Mun? The café owner’

Now, both Hyesung and Eric were scared when they looked at the cashier with their eyes widen. Eric barely nodded to her.

‘OMG! It’s true! I’ve been watching you guys from just now, I was wondering where did I saw you guys but then, it hit me. You guys were from IC show right?!’

The guys sighed in relieved. So, the girl wasn’t a stalker.

‘Yes, hello…’ Hyesung smiled at her.

‘What are you guys doing here together?’ she asked but somehow in her tone, she sounded a little bit suspicious.

Before Eric could reply, Hyesung said, ‘Because we are friends! We have some mutual friends’ he smiled.

‘Ohhhh’ she bit the lie.

‘So, where should I sign?’ Hyesung casually changed the subject as he was paying using his credit card.

‘Right here!’ she gave the receipt and after Hyesung signed, she thanked them and told them to come to the store again.

‘Thank you. Please come again~’

‘Okay’ both guys said politely and made their way out.

‘Eric…’

‘Hmm?’ Eric looked at Hyesung.

‘You seem to know about fashion. Because you helped a lot just now in the store’

Eric laughed, ‘I am the worst in fashion. It’s just that I’m familiar with formal attires’ he explained.

‘Why is that?’

‘When you have parents who always drag you to formal events I guess’ he shrugged his shoulder.

That was when Hyesung knew that Eric might come from a wealthy family because it was hard to get invited to those kind of events if you’re not someone big.

‘What do you parents do for a living?’ Hyesung decided to ask him more about his life.

‘Dad’s a surgeon and mum’s an art director. Paintings is her major expertise’

‘Woah, that’s so cool’

‘Yeah, one in science and one in art. So, what about your parents?’

‘My parents are both from music background. One is a composer and one is a musical actress’

‘That says a lot about you’ Eric chuckled.

‘Really? Hahahaha… Was it your dream to open up a café?’

‘Honestly… No’

‘What?’ Hyesung was surprised because judging from the looks, the café was doing better each day.

‘I want to do a lot of things and that made me don’t know what to do or what to be. When my friend told me about his dream of wanting to set up a café, I wanted to join in because I never learnt about business nor about food’

‘How did you manage then?’

‘By doing some research. I would talk to café owners or chefs about it and I learnt a lot. It was very hard at first because we don’t have enough money and we didn’t want to ask help from our parents. But after a few years, things got better’ Eric smiled proudly.

‘Woah, you are now officially my role model’ Hyesung praised.

‘What? Hahaha, thanks anyway’ he smiled shyly.

As they were walking, Hyesung glanced at his watch and had his eyes widen.

‘Oh , Eric! I’m so sorry but I have to go. I didn’t realised that it’s almost my broadcast time’ he said in a rushed.

‘How are you going to go there?’

‘By cab I guess. Bye!’

Before Hyesung started running, Eric grabbed his wrist and calmed him down.

‘Woah, relax Hyesung… Let me send you, I brought my car’ he offered.

‘Is it okay?’ he looked at Eric. He didn’t want to be a bother but he was really desperate.

‘Of course! Let’s go now, I don’t want you to be late’ he smiled and together, they started walking towards Eric’s car.

Eric drove his car quite fast because there wasn’t any cars on the road and even though he drove fast, he drove with caution especially when there was Hyesung besides him. After 30 minutes, they finally arrived at Hyesung’s workplace and Hyesung still made it on time.

‘Thank you so much, Eric. I really appreciate it’ he thanked the older guy deeply.

Eric shook his hands, ‘Nah, it’s fine. But it must be fun working as a DJ. I’ve always wanted to visit a place like this’ he said in awe when he looked at the tall building.

‘Do you want to come with me?’ Hyesung suddenly blurted out.

‘I mean… You can stay for awhile if you want. I don’t mind’ he smiled awkwardly.

‘Is that fine?’ Eric beamed at his offer.

‘Yeah, sure…’ he smiled.

Eric then parked his car and Hyesung guided him to the DJ booth.

‘So, this is where the magic happens’ Hyesung joked when he opened the door. He introduced Eric to all the staffs there.

‘Hello…’ Hyesung greeted the people inside the studio politely while Eric just smiled and bowed.

‘This is my friend, Eric Mun. I hope you don’t mind him staying here for awhile’ he said.

‘Ah, it’s fine…’ the producer shrugged it off.

‘Hello, my name is Eric Mun and I’m sorry for being a bother’ he said humbly.

‘It’s fine! It’s fine! I’m sure you can our female staffs’ booster’ he joked.

‘I hope…’ he smiled.

‘Hey, Eric… I’m going now. You can stay if you like but if you’re tired, just go home and rest. I can take a cab to go home’ Hyesung said.

‘Nah, I’ll just wait. What time are you going to be done?’

‘Around 12’

‘Cool, I’ll wait’ he smiled.

‘Oh okay’ Hyesung just nodded and before he went inside, Eric called.

‘Hyesung!’

‘Yeah?’

‘Hwaiting!’ he cheered happily.

‘Thanks…’ Hyesung blushed and quickly went inside.

As Hyesung was doing his job, every female staffs surrounded Eric and bombarded him with questions. Mainly about his friendship with Hyesung.

‘So, how did you meet?’

‘Wait, you’re one of Hyesung’s fans right?!’

‘EHHH??’ the staffs now remembered Eric from the show.

‘You’re right!’ they said in agreement.

‘Mutual friends. We never knew before’ Eric created a lie just how Hyesung made up a lie earlier that day.

‘Ohhhh’ was the same response they gave.

Eric felt the warmth he was receiving including the treatment he was receiving from the producer. They seemed to like Eric for no reason, maybe because of his friendly aura. When everyone got back to their work, Eric paid a full attention to Hyesung. It was his first time to see Hyesung serious and somehow he felt proud.

‘So, for the last story that I’m going to read is from #82648…’ Hyesung announced and started reading, ‘Dear, Hyesung-sshi, I’ve been keeping this for a long time and today I have finally decided to share my story to you and your listeners. Few month ago, my boyfriend broke up with me and I was very devastated because he was my first. When I asked him why, he just said the feelings were not the same anymore. I tried telling him that we can fix it but he didn’t want to. So, I went into depression and all of my friends and family comforted me and I didn’t feel better. After months, I became okay but I still couldn’t move on. I don’t know what should I do? Am I going to be alone forever?’

Hyesung smiled faintly at the letter and folded it back. Eric knew that the younger guy could relate to the story as he went through the same thing. Eric also was afraid how Hyesung was feelings and what was he thinking about the situation.

‘It depend on you if you want to believe me or not. But…’ Hyesung paused and looked up as he made an eye-contact with Eric. He smiled at Eric and continued with his gaze on him, ‘You’ll find someone better and that person is going to be worth suffering for…’

Eric felt it was as if Hyesung was conveying the message especially to him and his heart started thumping that he never felt before. Hyesung shifted his gaze to the mic that was in front of him and resumed his work professionally. After he bid goodbye to the listeners, he made his way out from the booth.

‘So, how was I?’ Hyesung said expectantly.

Eric who was still in his own thoughts snapped and smiled at Hyesung, ‘You look like you really love your job’ he commented.

‘I do…’ he nodded and talked to the producers a few things before headed home.

Before they went home, one of the female staffs said, ‘Hyesung-sshi, please bring Eric-sshi here next time. We like having him around’ they all smiled widely.

‘If he is free’ Hyesung replied.

‘Those people are nice’ Eric commented once they were in Eric’s car.

‘When they see a good looking guy’ Hyesung joked.

‘Tell me something I don’t know’ Eric playfully rolled his eyes.

Once Hyesung reached his apartment, he stepped out before saying thank you, ‘Thanks for today, Eric. I really appreciate it’ he smiled.

‘No problem… So, I see you tomorrow?’

‘Yeah, see you’ Hyesung waved goodbye. Eric waited for him to enter his apartment building before driving off with his car.

(The event)

*Hey, Hyesung. I have some things to do, so I might be a little bit late. I’m so sorry! But I’ll see you later okay*

When Hyesung received Eric’s text, he was already at the event. He never expected that random people would come up to him to have a light chat. They would compliment how good Hyesung looked in the suit and it made him shy. He made a mental reminder to thank Eric for his wonderful taste because at least he felt ‘fit in’. At first, it was fun but soon, it got boring because Hyesung really was expecting the older guy to come but there was no sign of him. At times, he checked his phone to see if Eric called or texted him telling him he had arrived.

When Hyesung felt silence throughout the ballroom, he thought the VIPs arrived but he was wrong. All eyes were on a newly arrived guy and including Hyesung, he was mesmerised. The guy looked normal as if he was used to the attention given and he looked around to look for someone. When he made an eye-contact with Hyesung, he smiled and walked towards him.

‘Sorry I’m late…’ Eric smiled sheepishly.

‘I-It’s fine…’ Hyesung shook his head as he couldn’t get over the fact that Eric looked so good in the all black suit.

‘Have you eaten yet?’ Eric asked.

‘No, I was waiting for you’

‘Ahh, sorry again… But let’s eat now, I bet you’re hungry’ he said before walking towards the buffet.

Hyesung took small portion of food as he didn’t feel like eating that night. After the short dinner, they have some conversation before socialising with other people who were there as Hyesung needed to give a good first impression especially when his boss was around.

‘Just stay here, I’ll be right back’ Hyesung said.

‘Okay’ Eric nodded and was looking at his surroundings. It wasn’t like the event was his first, in fact he had been to these kind of occasions at least once a month. Mostly with his family or with one of them. He waited patiently for Hyesung but after a few minutes, he himself got bored so he decided to walk out from the ballroom and wandered around. As he was leaving, he saw Hyesung who was talking to someone, so he wanted to tell the younger guy that he’ll be leaving for awhile. But the expression that was on Hyesung’s face showed that he was really uncomfortable with the situation.

‘Hyesung, there you are!’ Eric put up an act as if he was looking all over for the younger guy.

(Hyesung’s side)

Hyesung left Eric and started mingling around and luckily he knew how to escape a talk easily. So, after he socialised with some people, he decided that it was the best for him to go back to the table where Eric was sitting. As he was walking back, he halted his steps and tried to regain his cool composure.

‘Hello, Hyesung…’ a guy who was standing in front of Hyesung smiled awkwardly.

‘Hello…’ he nodded. But as he was about to leave, the guy just had to continue the conversation.

‘How have you been?’ he suddenly asked.

All these while, Hyesung always wanted to say ‘Never feel better when someone broke up with you over a girl’ but he didn’t know why he didn’t say that.

‘Been good. Been busy. How’s you and Yuri?’

The guy’s expression changed, ‘We’re doing fine… So…’

Before Hyesung’s ex could continue, someone interrupted them.

‘Hyesung, there uou are!’ someone exclaimed and when Hyesung looked behind, he smiled in relieved.

‘Oh, Eric! Where are you going?’

‘I wanted to go out to take some fresh air but I saw you. So, who’s this?’ Eric looked at the guy.

‘Hello, I’m Junho…’ he introduced himself politely.

‘Oh, I’m Eric. Nice to meet you’ Eric shook hands with him.

‘Eric, I haven’t eaten yet. Can we go get some food?’ Hyesung pleaded.

Eric who was confused just played along, ‘Okay, I’m hungry too. So, I’ll see you around yeah’ he said when he looked at Junho.

‘Y-Yeah’ he said and watched Hyesung dragged Eric away.

‘Who was that?’ Eric asked when they were out of sight.

‘Me ex. Didn’t you remember?’

‘Not important to me, I guess…’ he shrugged his shoulder.

Even though Hyesung looked calm but Eric knew he was hating the incident happened earlier. Eric assumed that Hyesung can’t seemed to move on from the break up although he said he did. Therefore, Eric wanted to cheer Hyesung up.

‘Hey… Wanna ditch this party? It’s getting boring’ Eric said.

‘Oh God, yes please… I wanna eat ramen’ Hyesung begged.

Eric chukled, ‘Me too’

They quietly sneaked out from the party and went to the nearest cheap stores around the area using Eric’s car.

‘This is so much BETTER than the food at the party’ Hyesung sighed happily as he slurped his ramen.

‘Right?! I don’t know why people fancy expensive food when you can get cheaper food which tastes better’ Eric said in agreement.

Eric kept observing Hyesung to see if he was still affected by the meeting with Junho. So, to know about it Eric brought him to the nearest river where you can stroll or jog in the middle of the night. They enjoyed the comfortable silence until Eric started asking about it.

‘Are you okay..?’

Hyesung blinked his eyes in confusion and turned his head to Eric.

‘Okay what?’

‘About you and Junho…’ he cautiously said.

Hyesung smiled weakly, ‘It was first the first few weeks but now, I feel mutual. No hate nor love. Maybe because everything happens for a reason and that reason is to meet you on the day I needed someone to talk to. So, yes I am okay’ he answered.

Eric felt so touched by his words, ‘I’m happy to be there for you’

‘I guess you can always be there for me from now on’

‘Of course, we’re friends right…’ Eric suddenly blurted out as he didn’t want to have high expectations.

‘Are we REALLY friends..?’ Hyesung looked at him seriously.

Eric smiled awkwardly and then sighed, ‘I don’t know. I don’t want to but I hate to expect much’

‘We can be more than friends you know’ Hyesung said casually and started walking in a fast yet composed speed.

Eric blinked his eyes and followed Hyesung who was already far in front.

‘Is that okay with you?’ Eric timidly asked.

‘Why is it not?’ Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

‘Because you just got your heart broken’ he said frankly.

‘I don’t mind. Trusting you is my choice and breaking the trust is your decision… It’s a risk gamble of love but it’s worth a shot’

Eric smiled widely and gently intertwined his fingers with Hyesung, ‘I promise it’s going to be worth it. At least, you are someone who is worth suffering for’

(A few months later)

‘Eric, Hyesung is here~’ Minwoo announced. Ever since Eric revealed his relationship with Hyesung to the guys, they really supported it and considered Hyesung as a part of the gang. The most excited person when he knew the news was none other than Andy. He even did a celebration when they told the news.

‘Hyesungie~ I thought you’re coming back this weekend. Not today!’ Eric looked surprised. Hyesung had told the older guy that he was going to visit his family in US for 2 weeks.

‘Surprise!’ he chuckled.

‘Anyway, what do you want to drink? Have you eaten? We can grab some lunch outside…’ Eric said. He knew that Hyesung might get sick of the café’s food and drinks as he always come every week to have a short date with Eric.

‘It’s fine, Eric… I can eat here’ he said.

‘Yah, Hyesung! Did you know about Eric’s latest drink? It is daebak! Many people like it!’ Minwoo interrupted causing Eric to shut his mouth.

‘What drink?’ he turned his attention to Eric.

‘N-Nothing’ he blushed.

‘Can I see the menu?’ he asked.

‘Here’ he replied and walked away to hide his embarrassment.

Hyesung turned to the drinks section and his eyes widen because he was stunned.

*Ricsyung – When you drink it, you would feel like you’re in love*

‘Excuse me, Mr…’ Hyesung called Eric who was pretending to clean the bar.

‘Can I have one Ricsyung please?’ Hyesung smiled. He knew the meaning of the drink because Eric once told him about it. At first, he was taken aback but he found it cute later on.

‘Cheesy right… I know’ he sighed.

‘I like it. It’s cute’ Hyesung replied.

‘Really?’ Eric looked expectantly.

‘Yup. Can you make my drink now, Mr Eric Mun?’

‘Right away!’ he said excitedly and made the drink. Hyesung went to the usual table and observed Eric at the bar with a big smile on his face.

Hyesung : Sometimes, you wouldn’t understand why God give you such a painful test to you… But in times, if you patiently wait and accept the fate, you would understand. You’ll find someone who can make you calm and in ease even when he is doing nothing. He just stares at you innocently and that alone makes you feel the happiest person alive. And I believe I found my soulmate that God sent specially to me.

‘Here you go~’ Eric chirped happily when he served the drink to Hyesung. He sat down and listened to Hyesung talking about some random things. It was fun listening to him and to others, they might get bored but not to him. He was willing to listen to Hyesung for the rest of his life.

Eric : You can’t never expect to find love from a simple act of kindness. But when you made a connection with him, you know you couldn’t cut the tie easily. You feel like you want to see the exact same smile that he gives to you everyday and you never want to see the opposite. You know that you want to be that trustworthy person where he can just come to you and talk about the problems he was having and the good things that happened in his life. You know that you are willing to do anything for him to keep him smile and safe. You know that you have found someone who is worth dying for.

‘What?’ Hyesung asked when he saw Eric who was smiling fondly at him.

‘Nothing~ I just like to stare at you’ Eric said in a playful tone.

‘Tsk…’ he rolled his eyes but you know he was liking it.

‘Hey…’ Eric called softly.

‘Hmm?’ Hyesung looked up after he finished his drinks.

‘I love you’

Hyesung smiled lovingly, ‘I love you too’