Stay (Part 1)

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : Sometimes, the definition of love is tragedy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung has his eyes on Eric since morning. Not that he always do that but this time it's different. It seems like Eric is avoiding him. As far as he knows, he doesn't fight with the older guy.

'Should I ask him?' Hyesung thought to himself.

Before Eric went out, he asked the rapper.

'Junghyukkie, are you cheating on me?' Hyesung asked and looked at him sincerely.

It's better for him to ask Eric directly rather than making any assumptions that could lead to misunderstandings. Eric halted and looked at his boyfriend in horror. He quickly cupped Hyesung's face and kissed him lightly.

'Don't you dare say that... Ever!' Eric said but the younger one could sense a threatening tone in it.

Somehow it made Hyesung relieved, he smiled widely at his boyfriend and nodded.

'I won't' 

'Good... Then I'm going out now... Bye Hyesungie ' Eric excused himself and went off.

Hyesung wanted to ask him where he was going but it's better not to ask as he believes in the older guy. It's not like he's a clingy boyfriend but Eric don't usually go out much. He started going out few weeks ago and he usually go out for a few hours only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since the day Hyesung asked Eric what was wrong, Eric seemed to distant himself from Hyesung. When the singer tried to talk to him, he just shrugged and continued to do his own thing. 

Every night, Eric would sneak out from their room and made a call to someone. Hyesung knows about this because he pretends to sleep and sometimes tried to eavesdrop but he couldn't hear nothing.

Soon, he had enough. He decided to spy on Eric. He called his best friends for backup and as usual, they came to his apartment that he shared with Eric.

'What's wrong Hyesung?' Minwoo asked.

'I-I think Eric is cheating on me' Hyesung stuttered, couldn't say the word cheating properly as it hurts him so much.

The members looked at each other and looked at Hyesung back, 'EH?!'

'No way hyung! Eric hyung loves you too damn much!' Andy said.

'I know but...'

Hyesung sighed and started to tell then everything he knows. Everyone was quiet until Dongwan who rarely says anything about relationships, 'Let's go find your answer. But remember, whatever happened think before you act'

Hyesung nodded and smiled at them, 'Yes, I will... Thank you'

After Junjin got some information about Eric's whereabout, they started their quest. The members didn't ask Junjin how he knew because they know that Junjin has a lot of connections from everywhere. Even outside of Seoul.

Dongwan drives to the place Junjin told them and they decided to stay at a cafe opposite from the cafe that Eric was at. 

'Where is that?! Hyung, are you sure this is the place' Andy was getting impatient after having to wait for 15 minutes.

Currently, Eric was sitting alone while drinking his coffee. He constantly glanced at his watch as if he was waiting for someone to arrive.

'Shhh, I'm sure this is the right one. Just be patient Andy' Minwoo patted his back.

When they were about to give up, a beautiful young girl walked into the cafe and greeted Eric. Eric smiled widely when he saw her, most probably the widest smile Hyesung ever seen ever since that day.

They saw Eric and the girl talked and constantly laughed at each other. They watched the lovely scene until the end. Before Eric said goodbye, he handed her a letter and the members could see the girl nodded her head. Eric smiled and hugged her and the girl on the other hand, hugged him tighter.

Couldn't stand seeing what was happening, Hyesung stood up and said, 'Let's go guys. I don't want to see this anymore'

He walked out from the cafe and waited inside the car. In the car, the atmosphere and gloomy and heavy. Suddenly, they heard Hyesung cried and it made them stunned.

'Eric cheated on me... With a girl! A beautiful girl! More prettier than me! Why?! Am I not good enough? I know that I'm a guy but I love him... I love him too much... What should I do guys?' Hyesung unloads all his sadness and frustrations.

Everyone in the car doesn't have the answer for his question. Hyesung just kept crying and the members kept hugging him except for Dongwan who was driving. Suddenly, he stopped the car.

He turned around. Even though he doesn't talk much but he hates to see his friend cry like this.

'What do you want to do now?' Dongwan softly asked.

Hyesung just shook his head, 'I don't know whether I should just confront with him... Because if he is cheating on me, I wouldn't be able to let him go... I don't want him to leave me!' 

'Are you going to keep on making your heart hurt? You should think about yourself too' Minwoo added.

'Yes.. I will wait for him to tell me' Hyesung said with determination.

The members sighed as they know that they couldn't change Hyesung's mind. Once the singer set something on his mind, he is determined. After calming down and crying, Dongwan sent him home. They members told him to straight away call them if anything happened. Hyesung just nodded and waved goodbye.

At home...

'I'm back' Hyesung said quietly even though he knows no one's at home.

'Hyesungie~' Eric called from the kitchen and when he saw Hyesung, he hugged him tightly.

'Where did you go?' Eric asked.

'I-I'm with the members' Hyesung chuckled awkwardly.

Eric raised his eyebrows but later just shrugged it off. That day, Hyesung didn't ask or say a word to him. What he thought was going just fine was absolutely wrong. Eric has been ignoring him and have a cold attitude to him. 

He would leave the house in the morning and come back in the evening. When Hyesung asked where was he from, the older guy just shrugged his shoulder. Unfortunately, Hyesung still didn't have the courage to ask him about his cheating. 

But that day, Hyesung had enough when he overheard Eric said 'I love it too' outside their apartment. After calming down and asking the members for their opinions, he decided to break it off with Eric even if it hurts him so bad.

He called Eric.

'Hyesung?' Eric asked

Hyesung's heart clenched when Eric said his name. The name he doesn't usually call.

'Eric, I know everything'

'E-Excuse me?'

Hyesung could sense the older guy was panicking.

'I know that you cheat on me! With a girl to be precise!'

Hyesung caught a sigh in relieved in Eric's tone which made him more upset and angry.

'Wait! I can explain'

'You don't need to explain anymore! I'm breaking up with you! Go to hell Eric!' 

Hyesung shouted and hung up. He cried in his apartment for hours, didn't even bother to do anything. Maybe he'll just pack his bag later and stay with Junjin for awhile.

Suddenly, the door swung open and Eric rushed inside the apartment. Hyesung looked at the side and saw his ex-boyfriend. He can see that the older guy has been running because of his sweaty red face.

When he was about to go to Hongbin, he collapsed. Hyesung just scoffed at him as he already knows Eric's trick. The older guy always do that to him when they're in a fight.

But this time, it was different. Eric didn't move at all. Hyesung ran to him and shook his body. He sighed in relieve when Eric moved his body a little. He opened his eyes slowly and caressed Hyesung's cheek.

'I'm sorry Hyesungie... I love you... For eternity' Eric whispered softly and soon closed his eyes slowly.

Hyesung shook his body again and asked him not to joke around but the older guy didn't respond. And obviously Hyesung was getting worry. He grabbed his phone and called the ambulance. 

At the hospital...

When Hyesung arrived with the ambulance, the doctor said they could sense Eric's heartbeat so they might save him. So now, Hyesung is waiting for the Eric and soon after, all the members came.

Hyesung started crying and explained everything to them. He kept on saying, 'I don't want him to die'.

After Eric was in the surgery room after 2 hours, the doctor came out. He sighed and shook his head to Hyesung and other members. Hyesung dropped on the floor and begged, 'Please don't say it doctor... Please...'

'I'm sorry Hyesung-sshi... We couldn't save him... He was already at the critical stage of leukaemia'

Hyesung sniffed and stood up while looking at the doctor as if he was the craziest human being alive, 'E-Excuse me? Leukaemia..?' 

'Yes... You should see Ms Pearl to know more... Eric's file is with her' the doctor said and excuse himself after saying his condolences.

Hyesung felt his heart stopped beating and couldn't stand properly. He wobbled causing Junjin to catch him and guided him to sit.

'I-I couldn't believe this! Why didn't Eric tell me anything?! Did I mean so little to him?!' 

'We don't know for sure Hyesung... We need to see the doctor first for explanation' Minwoo held his hands.

Hyesung nodded and went to find the doctor. After asking the nurses there, they finally managed to find the office. The members said that they will wait outside but Hyesung told them to follow him as he didn't have the courage to do anything.

Hyesung knocked on the door and entered. He was speechless when he saw a familiar figure. The girl from before! The doctor looked up and Hyesung could see she was sobbing. She quickly stood up and hugged Hyesung tightly.

'Oh God, I'm so sorry for your lost! I did everything I could' she said.

Hyesung didn't say or do anything not until the doctor squeezed his hand tighter.

'Just call me Pearl. I'm sure you need a lot of explanation from me' she said and gestured Hyesung to sit down.

'Eric suffered from leukaemia few months ago but by the time we knew about it, it was too late. When he knew about it, he cried so hard. For hours in this office. But not because of his condition'

'Then?'

'Because of you, Hyesung. He doesn't want to left you alone when he's gone. He knows how you don't like being alone. He said that he broke his promise to you. Every time when we meet for his treatment, he always talk about you' she smiled at Hyesung with sincere.

It made Hyesung cried more, he thought that he was suffering but he was so wrong. Eric had more suffered than him.

'T-The last thing I said to him was I wanted to break up with him... OH GOD! What did I do? I feel so bad' Hyesung wailed loudly.

The doctor gave him a tight hug and said, 'Please don't. Eric doesn't want you to feel bad. Wait here' 

Pearl walked up to her cupboard and took out a box. She gave a box to Hyesung and smiled, 'Eric wants you to have it... There are songs, pictures and letters that he wrote for you from the first day he was sick'

Hyesung nodded and said thanks to her. Minwoo being a mum, guided Hyesung and asked him stay at his house for the time being. Hyesung shook his head and said he's going to stay at their apartment. His and Eric's. 

But the members were worried about him as they were scared that he might do something foolish. Knowing the look, Hyesung shook his head and said, 'I won't do anything stupid. Eric doesn't want that'

At the apartment, Hyesung didn't bother to take a shower or even change his clothes. He sat on the couch and started reading the letters while listening to the songs. Each letters are Eric's sincere words and Hyesung was already crying on the first letter. 

After reading it, he looked up and saw a wooden block on the shelf. He remembered that Eric always scold him if he changed the numbers. And when he looked the numbers, he cried hard. The number was number 1 which means it's the last day for Eric to live. 

Hyesung blamed himself for being so stupid and naive for not knowing that his boyfriend is sick. But he couldn't do anything now and he already misses him terribly. 

'MUN JUNGHYUK, COME BACK TO ME NOW!!' 

Hyesung shouted with all his might not caring about the neighbour who was going to complain about his noisiness.

'I LOVE YOU! FOR ETERNITY!'