Shhh, They Don't Know

Ricsyung's Dribbles

A/N : I was supposed to post this two days ago as my 1st anniversary being a member and author! :D But was too busy with assignments hahaha

Summary : It is a secret relationship between the heir and the swimmer but what happened when suddenly there's a news about one of them getting married!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Yah, Eric hyung! That’s enough already! Don’t you remember that you have an event tonight?!’ Eric’s manager shouted from the bench. He was waiting for the top swimmer to finish swimming but that leaded to 2 hours.

Eric who was just coming out from the water ignored him while taking a towel to dry himself.

‘I don’t see the point of going’ he muttered silently.

Eric’s manager, Andy just sighed. It had been always like this with Eric. The older guy hated going out and socialised because he preferred to surround himself with water. The event tonight was about Sports Festival Event where all the sponsorships and VVIPs were going to attend. Eric, who won the Swimming Championship last month was invited and the company already told him to go.

‘Hyung…’ Andy persuaded softly. He knew Eric had a soft spot if he talked like that.

Eric replied with a glare and threw the towel to him, ‘Fine! I’ll go, I’m going to take a shower now’ he said as he walked out from the indoor swimming pool.

(At the event)

One thing Eric hated about events was the attention that you received. As soon as he got out from the car, he was surrounded by paparazzi and when he made a ‘normal’ entrance (to other people’s eyes, it’s majestic), ladies would drool over him and men would feel intimidated. Eric didn’t understand why people would give him that kind of attention. All he did was swimming!

‘Oh, Eric!’ someone called for him.

When he turned around, he sighed in relieved.

‘Minwoo, thank God you’re here’ he said delightedly. Minwoo was also an athlete in football and he and Eric have been friends since high school.

As they were talking, Eric started complaining about being bored at the event.

‘I know that you don’t always attend these kind of stuffs but I’m shocked when you came to THIS event’

‘Why?’ Eric raised his eyebrows. To him, all events were just the same.

‘You know, the organiser is from Kang Group…’ he casually explained.

That time, Eric froze in his spot and looked at Minwoo as if he had just heard the most ridiculous thing. Minwoo did the same and had his mouth opened.

‘No way! Don’t tell me you don’t know!’ he said loudly but luckily no one is around except for Andy.

Eric looked at Andy for an explanation. ‘I thought you know!’ Andy defended himself.

‘I don’t know!’ he retorted.

‘Is HE coming?’ Eric asked.

Just on the cue, the main door was opened and literally people went silence. Everyone was looking at the newly arrived couple with amazed and jealousy. Who wouldn’t right? The heir of Shin Group and a famous actress who was also the daughter of Kang Group just walked in and unconsciously stole the spotlight.

‘I want to leave now…’ Eric sighed. Minwoo and Andy couldn’t help but to laugh. And to make things worse, Eric’s CEO was at the party too and he dragged Eric to meet the Chairman.

‘Chairman, this is Eric Mun, the one that you’ve been wanting to meet’ the CEO said enthusiastically.

The Chairman gave a huge smile at Eric and shook his hands, ‘Oh my! I’m a big fan of yours! When I was in high school, I swim a lot too!’ he said proudly.

Eric : That was centuries ago…

‘Thank you. I must say that this event is quite lovely’ he complimented.

‘Thank you… My daughter has a high taste for designs’

‘Your daughter..?’ Eric asked. He didn’t know that Siyoung was interested with interior designs.

‘Oh, you haven’t meet my daughter is it’ he said and started looking around to look for Siyoung.

Eric : NO! I don’t want to see her…

But unfortunately he couldn’t say a thing because his CEO was beside him.

‘Honey, I want to introduce you to my favourite athlete’ the Chairman said as he held his daughter’s hands. Eric tried to keep a poker face as he looked at a handsome yet pretty guy beside the girl.

‘Oh, Eric Mun… Daddy always tell me about you. Congratulations on your win last month’ she smiled prettily while holding on to her boyfriend’s arm.

‘Thank you. It’s my honour to know that your father is a fan’

Siyoung chuckled and when she saw Eric looked briefly at her boyfriend, she introduced him.

‘Before I forget, this is my boyfriend, Shin Hyesung. You know him right’ she said with a glimpse of proudness.

Eric smiled awkwardly, ‘I stay home most of the time and don’t keep up with the world’ he said apologetically.

It’s okay, I’m sure you’re so busy with your career’

Then, she looked at Hyesung as a sign to make him speak.

‘Hello, I’m Shin Hyesung’ he said politely.

‘Eric Mun’ he bowed lightly.

‘If you don’t mind, please excuse me. I don’t want to keep you guys here for a long time’ he said and politely made his way out, leaving the CEO behind.

‘How was it?’ Minwoo and Andy asked when Eric arrived at his original table.

‘What do you think?’ he glare. They both knew how much Eric hated the situation earlier.

‘I’m going out for awhile. After I come back, I’m going home!’ he hissed under his breath before gulping a glass of champagne.

(Outside the ballroom)

Since it’s a very private event, all the security were tight and no media or unknown people were around. Eric took the time to roam around the hotel and after 15 minutes, he decided to go back to the party until he felt someone pulled him inside one of the meeting rooms. Before he could digest what was happening, he could feel his lips was kissed by someone. He blinked his eyes a few times before he recognised the familiar face in front of him. He smirked during the kiss and kissed the figure back with more passion.

‘Who do you think you are for not knowing Shin Hyesung…’ the figure asked after they stopped kissing each other.

Eric smirked and gave a light peck, ‘I seriously don’t know. The only one I know is Hyesungie, my secret boyfriend’ he replied playfully.

‘You said that you won’t attend the party’ Hyesung looked at him cutely then he hugged the older guy.

‘I intended to but Andy forgot to tell me that you’re going’

‘I’m sorry…’ Hyesung looked down on the ground.

Eric sighed and lifted Hyesung’s face, ‘Babe, don’t blame yourself. We decided this and look at us, 3 years strong’

Eric and Hyesung were a couple way before Hyesung with Siyoung. Don’t mistaken him, Hyesung wasn’t cheating, instead it was his parents’ order and when Hyesung wanted people especially his parents to know about his relationship, Eric forbid him because he was worried about people’s reactions towards the younger guy.

‘It’s just that it’s hard to meet you nowadays’ he sighed.

‘I know…’ Eric sighed as well. Everyone was busy with their own schedules and it was all complicated now. Whenever Hyesung was free, Eric wasn’t and vice-versa. Even worst, when both of them were free, they couldn’t see each other because Hyesung ‘commitment’ to Siyoung by attending parties and award shows with her.

‘Can I see you tonight?’ Hyesung looked at him with a pair of puppy eyes.

‘Of course’ Eric hugged him when he noticed Hyesung who was looking so sad.

When Hyesung’s phone rang, he sighed heavily.

‘You should go now, I’ll see you tonight okay’ Eric said understandingly when he saw Hyesung’s caller ID on his phone.

‘I hate this…’

‘I hate this too…’ Eric said and gave a last kiss before letting Hyesung go.

(Few weeks later)

*LATEST NEWS!* *THE HOTTEST BACHELOR/HEIR, SHIN HYESUNG IS FINALLY TYING A KNOT WITH HIS PRETTY GIRLFRIEND/ACTRESS, KANG SIYOUNG* *FINALLY, THEY’RE GETTING MARRIED!*

All the news were flooding about the news of Hyesung and Siyoung getting married and Minwoo and Andy were trying hard to make Eric not discovered it. It worked until Hyesung came to his apartment in the middle of the night.

‘Woah!’ Eric who was sleeping previously stunned by the sudden hug when he opened his door.

When he rubbed his eyes, he saw his boyfriend hugging him tightly while muttering about don’t breakup and don’t leave him. Eric was confused as to what was happening but he made sure both of them were inside the apartment before anything.

‘Babe, what happened?” he asked with his hoarse voice.

‘I’m sorry’

‘It isn’t true’

‘Please don’t be mad’

‘Listen to me first’

Hyesung started ranting and finally stopped when Eric shut him up with a kiss.

‘What happened? And please tell me calmly and slowly’ he said and made Hyesung sat on the couch.

‘Have you heard the news?’

‘What news?’ Eric raised his eyebrows.

‘You don’t know… Thanks, Minwoo and Andy’ he whispered at the last sentence.

‘Hyesung… What news?’ he asked again with his usual calm voice.

‘Here…’ Hyesung gave his phone to Eric to make him read the articles.

Eric started reading it and when he read the title, he frowned deeply and forced himself to read the entire article.

‘What is this?’ he asked after giving the phone back to the owner.

‘I don’t know! When I wake up, Junjin told me to check the news!’ he said frantically.

‘How..?’

Hyesung gulped nervously, ‘I was just passing by a jewellery shop with my mum and Siyoung when suddenly my mum told me that this year is a perfect time for me and her to get married. Obviously she looked happy! And those stupid workers heard it!’ he unloaded his frustrations. He felt like leaving the country and never come back.

‘What happened now?’

Hyesung didn’t dare to look at Eric. He knew him too well that even if Eric looked so calm as if he never cared, he knew Eric was hating the news and didn’t take it very well. Most people would describe Eric as a guy who was hard to understand but not for Hyesung. He knew Eric too well.

‘M-My parents are pushing me and her to tie a knot, they told Siyoung’s parents but thank God they said it’s too early for that’

‘Hmm…’ was the only response Eric gave.

The apartment was silence and both of them didn’t say a word until after 10 minutes, Hyesung held Eric’s hands.

‘Eric-ah, say something please…’

‘Hyesung…’ he said and after he took a deep breath, he dropped the painful bomb.

‘Let’s take some alone time to think about this…’ he said softly, trying hard not to cry.

Hyesung’s eyes widen and jaws dropped, ‘A-Are we breaking up, Eric?’

Eric looked at him as if he just met a ghost, ‘NO! Of course not! Marriage is a huge thing and the fact that you and her parents’ are reconsidering it, make it more serious’

Then, Hyesung stood up and crossed his arms, ‘Then, why should WE have to think?! I can just tell them about us!’ he protested angrily.

Eric held his hands gently and gestured him to sit down. After Hyesung calmed down a little, he replied, ‘That’s not what I mean. I know how your family is your top priority and I don’t want because our relationship, it affects the relationship that you guys have. We both know what you’re going to say if I ask you to choose between me and your parents. And if you try to end your relationship now, Siyoung’s family would be ashamed and your parents might hate you for it’ he explained slowly, words by words.

That shut Hyesung up completely because what Eric said was true. This side of Eric was what made Hyesung decided to keep Eric besides him forever. They have different personalities yet they completed each other.

‘You’re right… But please, call me when you have think about it’

‘No. Let’s meet up after a week to know what will happen’ Eric suggested.

‘Same place, same time?’ Eric nodded.

(A week later)

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘…..’ Eric was speechless when he saw Hyesung with a luggage but either way, he let the younger guy inside his apartment.

‘I fcking miss you…’ Hyesung immediately hugged him tightly.

‘I fcking miss you too…’ Eric replied. They didn’t say a word as they let their feelings did the talking. When they looked at each other, they knew nothing changed between them and things were going to be the same.

‘What’s with the luggage?’ Eric started the conversation. He didn’t want to ask for Hyesung’s opinion about last week’s incident right away.

‘I’m moving in with you…’ he casually dropped the bomb and carried his luggage to Eric’s room. Eric literally froze in his spot and quickly ran to where Hyesung unpacking his stuffs.

‘W-What?’ he said loudly.

‘I said I’m moving in with you. Can you help me please? It’s a lot’ Hyesung smiled at him.

Eric barely nodded and started helping Hyesung.

‘Like you said, they hated me. Weird thing is, not because of the relationship I have with you, but because I don’t live up to their expectations. They thought that I’m going to get married to Siyoung and have more business connections. Pathetic huh. All they care about from I was a baby until now was their business’ Hyesung scoffed lightly and when Eric saw a glimpse of tears, he hugged the younger guy tightly. That was the breaking point for Hyesung. He cried on Eric’s shoulder without Eric said a word.

‘They consoled me about it, saying that I have to pretend to love Siyoung. Every single day! Then, I decided that I have to get out from the house. They are still my priority but not my first, it has changed. You, Eric Mun, is my first priority. I figured why would I live with people who told me to be fake when I can be myself by someone I love. Therefore, I decided to leave everything behind and live with you. You have a lot of money to support us right?’ Hyesung joked after wiping his tears.

Eric knew he should be understanding but he was too happy when he heard Hyesung’s words. He literally carried the younger guy and spun him around the room.

‘Are we still going to open the flower shop?’ Eric asked happily.

‘We have enough money for that’ Hyesung was grinning widely about it. Even though he was hurt by his parents but he felt so much better and lightly. The journey wasn’t going to be smooth but it was worth it when he knew he had Eric by his side.

That weekend, Hyesung held a press conference saying that his relationship with Siyoung had ended because it was better for both of them to find other people. Obviously, Hyesung’s parents were furious but luckily, Siyoung’s parents accepted the news well except for the daughter. His parents chased him out and made him quit the company for good. The news went to his grandparents who were staying in Japan and because of it, they returned to Korea to listen to Hyesung’s explanation. Hyesung was at the happiest when his grandparents approved his relationship with Eric when he brought the older guy with him. As for the flower shop that they were planning, it was finally happening and they used his grandparents’ old house for the shop together with them living together.