You Caught My Attention Among The Crowds

Ricsyung's Dribbles

Summary : The first time he saw him was during a talk show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Please welcome, LHigh! We've been wanted to invite them to our show since months ago. And now, they're here!' the MC announced excitedly.

'We are excited to be here. In fact, our maknae is this show's biggest fan' Junjin added.

'Even on tours, he would watch them' Dongwan said causing Andy, the maknae to blush.

'Yah, stop teasing him!' Hyesung scolded but all the MC and audiences laughed. Hyesung was known for his protectiveness towards the members.

'Finally, the leader has spoken. So Hyesung-sshi, when is going to be your comeback?'

Hyesung and other members looked at each other, 'Next week' Hyesung said smiling.

'Our album is all about falling in love. Which suits this spring season' Andy added.

'Can you sing a little bit?' the MC begged.

'Let's have Dongwan sings it' Hyesung gestured.

'This is the chorus part' Dongwan said before started singing.

Everyone clapped their hands loudly after Dongwan sang. It wasn't a surprise when beautiful melodies coming out from his voice. As they were talking during the show, Hyesung looked around at studio as it was his habit to observe people. He accidentally made an eye contact with an insanely handsome figure. Hyesung blushed a little when the figure gave a faint smile to him, in return he just nodded secretly.

'Hyesung-sshi?' the MC called.

'Ah yes??' Hyesung's thoughts have been cut off and he looked at them with a blank space.

'Are you okay? I know that preparing a comeback can be hard for you as a leader'

Hyesung shook his head, 'No no! It's just that the lights here were too bright' he chuckled awkwardly.

But him and the members knew that it wasn't true.

Throughout the entire programme, Hyesung secretly took a few glances to the figure and little did he know, the figure did too. As soon as the show ended, LHigh bid their goodbyes to the MCs saying that they had fun.

'What was wrong just now?' Junjin asked when they were making their way to the basement car park.

'N-Nothing. It's just that I felt a little bit dizzy' Hyesung smiled.

'Guys!' someone called from behind and when they looked around, they smiled widely when they saw their very dear friend.

'Minwoo-ah!' they waved.

'What are you doing here?' Minwoo asked.

Minwoo was the world's favourite singer and was rising to the top when only he debuted last year. His charming smile and puppy eyes have caught a lot of attention and love. Minwoo's company and LHigh's company were good acquaintance, so naturally they all became friends.

'We just finished some show. You?' Dongwan asked.

'Me too. But I'm looking for my manager. He loves to wander around aimlessly and when I called, he didn't pick up' he said with an annoyed tone.

'Is he your new manager?'

'Yup. A better manager even though he's a pain of the '

They all knew how Minwoo had to suffer with his previous manager.

'Oh, now he wants to call back after some many times' he said after he took out his phone when he received a call.

'I guess we'll leave you alone now. See you, Minwoo!' Hyesung shook hands with him.

'See you guys later!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LHigh had been invited to perform at JKC Awards 2015 where it was an award show for all singers. They thought that they would be bored in the waiting room but when they found out that Minwoo was going to be in the same room as them, they jumped in joy.

'Minwoo-ah~' they chirped happily when they saw Minwoo who was getting his makeup done.

'Hello, guys! I'll be right back with you in a bit' he said quickly as he cannot talked.

After his makeup done, he went to sit with LHigh.

'Yah, I really like your new album!' Junjin praised.

Just last week, Minwoo made a comeback and released an album. As expected, he conquer all top charts in all music shows. Luckily for LHigh that they didn't have to compete with him. And as soon as the album was released, all members of LHigh received one.

'Really? Thank you!' he thanked all of them.

'I love the rapping parts. He raps better than me!' Andy who was also a rapper added.

'Yeah, speaking of which, who is he?' Hyesung asked.

'I wish I can tell you who but unfortunately, I can't. Sorry guys' he said apologetically.

'It's fine. Company policy huh' Dongwan winked.

As they were talking, the production crew told LHigh to get ready. As for Minwoo, he can go to his table again since he had finished performing. Once again, he was going to sit with LHigh. As expected, they performed professionally and received a round of applause and standing ovation from the fans and even some singers!

LHigh walked towards their table and waved happily to Minwoo. They realised that there was an unknown guy sitting beside Minwoo.

'Eh, who's that?' Andy asked.

'Where?'

'There! Right beside Minwoo'

They all lengthen their neck to see the figure. They didn't seem care about it except for Hyesung who had his eyes wide opened.

'Hey, guys! Great performance' Minwoo greeted when they came back.

'Oh, thanks!' Dongwan said.

Hyesung immediately secretly sat beside Minwoo to sit closer to the figure.

'Who is that, hyung?' Andy asked.

May God bless Andy!

'Oh, this is my manager! Eric, this is LHigh, my friends' he introduced him to them.

'Hi, I'm Eric. This guy's manager' he teasingly glared at Minwoo and then smiled at them.

'Yo, I'm Junjin!'

'Hello, my name is Andy! I'm the maknae!'

'And I'm Dongwan!'

When it was Hyesung's turn, he stuttered a bit when Eric looked at him intensely.

Don't tell me he recognised me?! That was 2 weeks ago!

'H-Hello, my name is Hyesung. Shin Hyesung'

'Nice to meet you all' he smiled sweetly and at that moment, Hyesung's heart melted.

But that was it. Hyesung didn't talk to Eric at all throughout the entire show because it was rude to talk during it and he was too shy to even look at Eric. Same goes to other guy. Eric just talked briefly to Minwoo talking about some schedules or made some funny jokes that Hyesung wanted to hear. After the show, they all bid goodbye. Hyesung wondered if he got to see Eric again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I bet they haven't arrived yet' Hyesung hissed under his breath as he was walking towards the practice room.

When he opened, he didn't realised that there was someone in there.

He shouted, 'I KNEW IT! THEY ARE SO GOING TO BE DEAD WHEN THEY'RE HERE'

'Oh... I'm sorry, I'll leave now' a voice said in the corner of the room.

Hyesung was surprised to see Eric who was inside the room with a radio beside him. He slowly stood up and bowed to Hyesung to leave.

'No! Wait!' Hyesung immediately said and Eric halted his steps.

'Hmm... Well... You can stay if you want... Your name is Eric right?' Hyesung just wanted to make sure.

'Yes. Eric Mun, if you're wondering'

'If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But, I think I saw you during Hello Hello shows a few weeks ago'

'Yup. And I think you saw that I was smiling at you'

Hyesung blushed when he remembered it and slowly nodded.

'Really? You looked at me?'

'Yeah. And I didn't expect you are Minwoo's manager' Hyesung quickly changed the subject before he became redder.

'Yeah, I like to walk around when Minwoo is doing his job'

They talked for awhile and Hyesung had already forgot about s who were late. Then, Eric told Hyesung a secret about Minwoo's album.

'NO WAY! You're the rapper in his album?!'

'Shhh, don't tell anybody' he winked.

'Woah, I like all of your rapping!' Hyesung praised.

'Thank you. Rapping is my hobby and when Minwoo heard me, he said that he wanted me to rap for his album. I agreed but I told him to not include my name in it or tell anybody about it'

'But why?'

'I like what I'm doing right now. I'm comfortable with who I am'

'Who you are?' Hyesung seemed to not understand what Eric meant.

'Yeah, like a normal person. I know that being a singer but in your case, an idol is tough. Crazy fans, unpredictable schedules and even long hours of practice. I cannot imagine to have a famous person as a lover' he explained.

Then he suddenly snapped his fingers, 'Speaking of which, can you date?'

Hyesung was stunned by his sudden question, 'Y-Yeah, I can. All of the members can. But I don't think I'm going to date for the time being'

'Eh? But why? I'm sure you have a lot of candidates as your girlfriend'

I don't like girls. Anymore.

'Like you said, an idol life is tough. If I date now, I might hurt the person I love. I might not have time for her because of my schedule'

'Then, you'll have to find someone who is willing to be patient and loyal. Most importantly, understanding your career as an idol. You're still young, Hyesung. But you'll find one as your life partner' Eric seemed to give a life lesson to Hyesung.

'You look young too'

'What? 26 is not young' he scoffed.

'You're 28?! You're literally 4 years older than I am! How come you look so young?!' Hyesung was astonished by his age.

'Young looking genes, if I can say' he joked.

Suddenly, they could heard a yell from outside.

'ERIC MUN! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! YOU ARE SO GOING TO GET KILLED WHEN I FIND YOU!!' Minwoo yelled furiously as he couldn't find his useless manager.

'Oh ! I better go now. Bye, Hyesung' Eric quickly stood up and ran towards the door.

'Wait!' Hyesung stopped him.

'Am I going to see you anytime soon?' Hyesung asked with hesitation.

He never asked those questions to people and now he was feeling really shy.

Eric smiled and shrugged his shoulder, 'It's up to you. You're the one who has a busy life. Just call me up whenever you want to hangout. But just so you know, I want to see you again, Hyesung-ah'

'ERIC MUN!!' Minwoo suddenly yelled again.

'Bye, Hyesung!' Eric said hurriedly and went out. Hyesung could heard Minwoo scolding angrily at Eric about how he could just wandered off and how he didn't pick up his calls.

Calls?

'I forgot to ask for his number! How can I call him now?!' Hyesung sighed and started knocking his head a few times for being dumb.

'Whose number?' a voice suddenly appeared and it was Junjin's.

'PARK JUNJIN, YOU ARE VERY LATE! YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT RIGHT NOW?!'

When Junjin opened the door wider, it was revealed Dongwan and Andy who were hiding behind him.

'DONGWAN! ANDY! YOU ARE DEAD TOO! GET IN HERE!' he yelled and they all hurriedly went inside.

Hyesung wasn't actually angry at them because they actually helped him to talk to Eric personally and throughout their talk, Hyesung knew about Eric's life more than he expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Minwoo-ah' Hyesung called when he saw Minwoo walking towards the same direction he was heading.

'Oh hey, Hyesung'

'What are you doing here?' Hyesung asked but his eyes were somewhere, searching for Eric.

'I have some recordings to do. Who are you looking for?' Minwoo raised his eyebrows.

'N-Nothing. I'm not searching for anyone' he shook his hands as a no.

'Right...' Minwoo said with doubt.

'Speaking of which, where is Eric?' Hyesung made it sounded as he casually asked.

'Oh, he has an off day today. Why? Do you need something from him?'

'No, just asking. Okay then, I better get going. Bye, Minwoo'

Hyesung quickly escaped from the charming guy before he could asked more questions. Hyesung didn't have the courage to ask Minwoo for Eric's number because he was too scared. Little did he know, Minwoo knew that Hyesung might had a crush on his manager and vice-versa. It was because Eric asked him for Hyesung's number by giving him lots of ridiculous excuses.

I guess that I'll have to ask him when I see him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I'm hungry' Hyesung mumbled.

When he checked the kitchen, there was no food. He and the members just came back from practice and they were hungry especially Hyesung who didn't eat since afternoon.

'Guys, I'm going to the grocery market' Hyesung announced.

Their manager had gone to sleep, so Hyesung didn't have to tell him. Junjin and Andy were just relaxing on couch while playing with their phones. Dongwan on the other hand was taking a nice warm shower.

'Okay. Be safe' the Jindy couple said in unison.

As he was walking out from the elevator, he bumped into someone.

'Sorry, I'm so sorry' Hyesung bowed politely.

'Hyesung-ah?'

Hyesung was stunned that the person knew him because he was keeping his head low and he covered his face fully that people won't recognised him. When he looked up, his eyes widen when he saw Eric raised his eyebrows.

'Eric!' Hyesung couldn't hide his surprise.

'You live here?!' Eric too couldn't hide his surprise.

'Y-Yeah'

'Omg, same! I live here too! Level 3. How come we didn't bump into each other?!' he chuckled as he didn't believe what happened.

'Really?! I live on Level 5! Wow, this is such a coincidence!'

'Where are you going?'

'To the grocery market. The members and I were hungry and we have no food to eat'

'But it's getting late and dangerous. Let's go to my house, I have food at home'

'N-Nah, I don't want to trouble you' Hyesung declined.

'No, you're not. Plus, I don't want anything happen to you. Let's go' Eric pulled Hyesung inside the elevator and pressed Level 3.

'My house is in a mess right now. So I apologise beforehand' he chuckled awkwardly.

'Gomdori-ah~' Eric chirped happily.

Gomdori?

Then, a bark can be heard. A cute dog came running towards Eric and barked happily.

Eric lifted the dog and said, 'Gomdori, this is Hyesung. He's my friend'

Hyesung softly patted the dog and fortunately, the response was positive. It barked excitedly.

'Hello, my name is Hyesung' he played along.

Eric gave the dog to Hyesung to ask him to look an eye on Gomdori as he was going to take a shower.

'In the meantime, you can sit on the couch' Eric gestured.

'Oh okay' he nodded.

Together with Gomdori in his arm, he wandered around the apartment. There was a picture of Eric and his family, Eric who graduated from college. Then, there was a drum instruments in a room together with guitars and keyboard. After his secret tour, Hyesung sat down on the couch.

'Gomdori-ah, do your owner has a girlfriend?'

It barked.

'Really? What's her name? Is she pretty?'

It barked.

'You must think I'm crazy right now huh'

It obviously barked.

Hyesung pretended to play with his phone when he heard the door swung opened.

'Shall we cook now?' Eric asked.

Even in sweatpants and black t-shirt, Eric looked damn fine wearing it.

'No, it's okay. You can just give me ramen and I'll cook it in the dorm'

'Ramen is bad for your health. Just let me cool something for you. Is fried rice okay?' Eric asked although he had already brought out the ingredients.

'Sounds good' Hyesung nodded.

'Great then. Just wait at the dining table and I'll be right back within 5 minutes'

Hyesung chose to sit at the spot where he can look Eric cooking although he can't see Eric's face.

'It's ready! Help yourself' Eric grinned widely when he came back with two plates of fried rice.

'Wah, it looks so delicious! Thank you for the food!' Hyesung greeted and started eating. Surprisingly, the fried rice was really good.

'Daebak! That was so good!' Hyesung highly praised Eric's cooking skills after their supper.

'That was nothing. I'm glad you like it. Oh yeah, wait here' Eric stood up and opened the fridge.

He came back with a container containing fried rice that he cooked just now.

'This is for you members if they're still awake' Eric passed it to him.

Hyesung had totally forgot about the dying souls at home.

'Oh right, thank you Eric!' he smiled.

Before Hyesung went home, he asked for Eric's number. Eric chuckled when he told Hyesung that he too forgot to ask for his number and he had to ask Minwoo for it. When Hyesung went home, the Jindy couple was still wide awake because they were so hungry that they couldn't sleep. Hyesung gave them the container to share and within minutes, they finished them all.

'This was so good' they both said.

'Yeah, I know. I ate them already' Hyesung smiled and walked inside his room.

A few days later, Hyesung returned the container but the container wasn't empty. He made some cookies and gave it to Eric as a gratitude. The members thought he was crazy because they never seen Hyesung baked before!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hyung!' Andy yelled as soon as he opened the dorm's door.

'What?' Dongwan, Junjin and Hyesung looked at him.

'Hyesung hyung!' he yelled again.

'What Andy?'

'Google up your name right now!' Andy ordered and sat beside him on the couch.

'Why would I do that?' he raised his eyebrows.

'Just do it!'

'Okay okay, I'm doing it now. Geez' Hyesung googled his name.

'Then what?'

'Go to news and read them all' Andy said.

Not only Hyesung, but Junjin and Dongwan did it too.

Hyesung's eyes went widen when he saw the articles.

*Hyesung from LHigh was spotted on a romantic walk with Nara from TDay!*

*Is this another idol couple that we've been waiting?*

Hyesung's heart beat rapidly as he read every articles that was posted.

'YAH, THIS IS ABSURD! I WAS JUST HANGING OUT WITH HER! I DIDN'T EVEN HOLD HER HANDS FOR GOD'S SAKE!' Hyesung started yelling.

Junjin, Dongwan and Andy were surprised to see Hyesung's sudden outburst. This wasn't the first time Hyesung got caught into a scandal and he usually would stayed calm about it. But this time, it wasn't different and they didn't know why.

Suddenly, Hyesung received a call which they knew from who. Their agency. Hyesung ignored the call and went inside his room to get changed.

'I'm going, guys' Hyesung announced.

'Stay calm, hyung' Andy reminded.

'Okay'

(At the agency)

'Before anything, let me said something first. I'm not dating Nara, I was just hanging out with her. You know why right' Hyesung said.

'Yeah, we know. But just don't answer the medias'

'Got it' Hyesung nodded.

Hyesung expected that the scandal would disappeared but he was dead wrong. All the press had been following him and Nara 24/7 to get the inside scoop. This had made both of them crazy and the rumours were getting crazier just because they were under the same company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hyesung-sshi~' all the fans and press were chasing Hyesung causing the idol to hide behind the room.

'Oh God, please save me for today' Hyesung sighed and decided to stay inside the room for awhile.

'Hyesung-ah?'

Hyesung recognised the voice and he slowly opened the door. He swore that that was he biggest smile he gave for that day when he saw Eric.

'Eric-ah!'

'Can I come in?' he asked cautiously.

'Sure, come in' he gestured.

'Are you okay?'

'What do you mean?'

'You know, about all this scandal and stuff'

'You don't believe the news?' he asked innocently.

Eric hit his head lightly and chuckled, 'Of course not! I'm sure that you'll tell me if you have someone'

Hyesung could sense a slight disappointment when Eric said 'someone'.

'You know, I'm kinda miss hanging out with you' Hyesung tried to change the subject and it worked.

'Yeah, I do too' Eric nodded.

Ever since they knew that they were neighbours, they often hangout together in Eric's apartment. But now since that Hyesung had his own scandal, he had some things to do to cool down the press.

'After this bull, let's hangout. Publicly!' Hyesung determined.

He always wanted to hangout with Eric on the streets where he can be himself.

'Let's do that!' Eric nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung had enough after a week and he decided to do a press conference. He told his company and they agreed as they initially wanted to do one as soon as the news broke out. It was on Monday and Hyesung didn't expect that many reporters would come.

Do they really care about my relationship?

'Good evening. I'm sorry for the sudden notice about Hyesung's recent scandal. As you all know, Hyesung and Nara aren't a couple. Without further ado, let Hyesung explain everything' the spokesman gave the microphone to Hyesung.

Before he started talking, he bowed politely and kept telling himself to stay calm.

'Good evening, everyone. My name is Shin Hyesung from LHigh. I decided to do a press conference regarding about my recent scandal with Nara from TDay' he started.

'She is not my girlfriend and she will never be. I cannot imagine myself be with her because we're like brother and sister'

'Then, how can you explain about the pictures?'

'I don't think it's wrong for me to hangout with someone who is a girl. I am 24 years old and I'm adult enough to think wisely. Plus, I didn't even held her hands! How can you assume that I'm dating her?! And for your information, she is my cousin!' Hyesung dropped the bomb with a little bit of frustrations.

'And...' Hyesung slowly said.

'Imagine if I actually have a girlfriend, non-celebrity and she's currently watching this conference. She might look like she doesn't seem hurt by it because she trusts me like I trust her. But deep down inside her heart, she was hurt when people keep saying I'm more suitable with Nara than her. And without her knowing, I think she's the most beautiful person in the world even when people say that there are better looking people than her. So please stop spreading rumours and lies. Not only about me but about other people too' Hyesung said seriously.

(Days after press conference)

'What are you doing here?'

'Oh ! What the hell, Eric?! You scared me!' Hyesung frowned when Eric suddenly appeared behind him.

'He he, sorry Hyesung-ah' he apologised and took a spot next to Hyesung.

'I never saw you up here'

'I never know about it. Wait... You've been up here?' Hyesung looked at Eric with surprised.

Eric nodded, 'Yeah, almost every night if I'm not busy. It's kinda like my comfort place'

'I guess that I'll have to snatch your comfort place for tonight' he said quietly before sighing.

'What's wrong, Hyesung-ah? I thought that you're happy that your scandal had over' Eric asked when he saw the troubled look on the younger's face.

'I don't know. After the scandal, I don't think that I'm going to get a lover' he sighed.

'Why did you say that? I'm sure that a guy like you would find one'

'What if a guy like me said that he already likes someone?' Hyesung tried to ask.

'Really? Who is he like?' Eric responded as he understood his behind meaning.

'I don't know. But he likes a person who is a guy, not a girl. What would you say?'

'I would told him not to worry'

'Why?' Hyesung looked at him.

'Because I like a guy too' Eric smiled but sighed when he continued, 'But I don't think he likes me'

'Why? You haven't ask him yet?'

Hyesung's heart was beating rapidly. He didn't know whether right at that moment. Eric was just playing a joke or being serious.

'Because I'm scared. He is somewhat a famous person and I'm sure that there are so much better person to deserve him'

To Hyesung, there was no way around and he thought that it might be now or never.

'Well... Have you seen his recent interview? I'm sure that he already told everyone that the person he loves is the best person in the whole world' Hyesung smiled nervously.

'You think so? Then, what should I do to make him mine?' Eric replied the smile.

'You can ask him out for a date tomorrow'

'But he's a famous guy, so I bet he's so busy with his work'

'Trust me, when you ask him out, he would push away all his work just to go on a date with you' he shyly said.

'That's good then. So, where should I bring him?' Eric's smile was getting wider and wider.

'Hmm... Hongdae'

'I like that place! Is 5 o'clock too early?'

'I think it would be a perfect timing'

'Hyesung hyu...' a voice suddenly said loudly when he opened the rooftop door.

'There you are! I've been looking for you. I thought that you went somewhere else' Andy said as he was walking towards both Hyesung and Eric.

'Oh, hi Eric hyung!' Andy waved happily.

Hyesung and Eric looked at each other and then to Andy, 'Oh... Hey, Andy' they smiled awkwardly as Andy just ruined their moment.

'Sorry to bother you guys but we have to go know, hyung' Andy said as they were supposed to go to practice that night.

'Oh yeah, I almost forget about it' he slapped his head. Hyesung stood up and was about to leave, not until Eric called him.

'Hyesung-ah!' he called.

When Hyesung turned around, he said while smiling, 'I'll see you tomorrow at 5?'

Hyesung wanted to give the happiest face and widest grin but he didn't want Eric to think he's desperate. So, he tried to stay cool.

'And I'll see you at Hongdae' Hyesung said happily.

'That's a date then' Eric winked.

'Y-Yeah, it is' he blushed and slowly made his way out before Eric could see his red face.

When Andy asked him about what was going on, Hyesung just shrugged his shoulder and told him that he just wanted to hangout with the older guy. Luckily for him, Andy was too naive to notice.