The Party

The Engagement

Mia's POV

 

These past couple of days with the new CEO have been extremely stressful. Between going crazy every time I see Jongin and trying to get away from Chanyeol, I'm pretty sure I'll start to become insane in just a couple of weeks. The work isn't getting any easier either. I've been receiving paper after paper ever since Jongin has been working here, which is making me work after hours.

As I was doing my work, I hear a soft knock on my door. 'It must be Chanyeol' I thought as I angrily got up from my chair and walked towards the door. When I opened the door, I was about to start cursing but I quickly stopped myself when I saw someone that I have not expected to see.

"Mr.Kim, Please come in" I said to Jongin as I stepped out of his way and motioned him to walk inside my office. He thanks me and walks in. While he walks, I can't help but to look at him and admire him. His hair is parted sideways, something that I haven't seen on him, he is wearing black dress pants and a white dress shirt. The lightning in my office made him look a hundred percent better than he already is by highlighting each of his perfect features.

"Ms. Carter, I just wanted to inform you that I will need you to travel with me to South Korea this weekend. I've seen the reports of K Incorporations in Seoul and I am not liking it very much" He said shaking his head. "Do you believe it will be possible for you to travel this weekend?"

I stared at him for a while, not believing my ears. I've never had to travel with the old CEO to any business trips. I usually travel by myself or another co-worker but never with the CEO. They usually travel with their personal assistants. I might be shocked, but that does not mean I will not take the opportunity. First, It's my job, and second, who would pass this great opportunity of traveling with the one and only Kim Jongin? I know I won't

"I'll gladly do it." I said with a smile "Just set the time and I'll be there". 

Jongin smiled at me as he walked towards me, placing his hand on my bare shoulder he said "I knew I could count on you"

I stood there, frozen, as I felt a thousand sparks running from my shoulders all the way through my feet. The feeling was something I haven't felt in a while. Since I fist saw him, I was obviously attracted to him.   His smile, his eyes, everything was perfect about him. I just can't explain why I'm feeling so vulnerable every time I see him. I don't even know the guy that well. 

~.~

Today is the day is finally the day of the party. I've been getting ready for the past two hours, trying to look as fancy and presentable as I possibly can. I'm wearing a long dark red dress with silver heels. My hair is styled into curls and my make up is kept simple but still elegant.

When I was finally done getting ready, I walk downstairs and into my garage. There, I get on my black Mercedes car and start driving towards the party. I looked up the address where the party is supposed to be and what came out was an immense house. Probably his since the house his father lived was being sold for about 3.4 million dollars. 

As I arrived at the house, I was greeted by crowd of people screaming and paparazzi. I looked amongst the crowd and I noticed middle aged woman trying to get into the party, as well as paparazzi trying to take pictures of each of the guests. When I finally reached the gate, two security guards asked me for an invitation. I gladly gave it to them and they quickly allowed me in. 

When I finally parked, I rushed towards the house since I was already running a little late.  The place seemed very expensive. It was decorated with dark and golden colors and with a little hint of blue. For an immense house like this,all these dark colors made it look so small. 

 One of the maid directed me towards  two huge double doors. On the outside, you could hear people talking and classical music playing. I looked at the maid, who looked a little bit too young to be working here, and gave her a thankful smile. She smiled back and opened up the doors for me.

As soon as I entered the place, I was greeted by the one and only Park Chanyeol. He eyed at me with a smirk "You look stunning" he said grabbing my waist and giving me a peck on the lips. Grossed out, I pushed away from me and hit him across the face. "I told you not to touch me again" I said.

"Come on baby, don't be like that" He said, walking towards me again. "You know you want me"

I backed away from him and felt my back pressed against something. "I Think Carter spoke very clearly, leave her alone" A manly and familiar voice said.  I smiled and looked up to see Jongin with a serious and threatening look on his face. I'm not going to lie, he looked extremely attractive.

"With all due respect Mr. Kim, but this is our business, not yours" said Chanyeol, walking towards me and grabbing my arm. "Now let's go Mia"

I tried to escape his grasp but he was too strong. Jongin noticed and pushed him away from me. "I'll repeat it one last time, let her go" He threatened.

"Or what?" asked Chanyeol, grabbing my arm again and staring at Jongin.

"Not only will I break your face, but I'll fire you and make sure you'll never find a job ever again." Said  Jongin.

Chanyeol looked at me one last time before he let me go and unwillingly left the room. When he left, Jongin turned me around and looked at me "Are you okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes. 

He defended me. Kim Jongin, the man I've been thinking about all these past days, defended me. For months, I've been trying to get Chanyeol away from me and nothing worked, but I think the threat Jongin gave him, might just do the trick. 

I stared into his dark eyes and smiled. "I am now. Thank you so much" I said, and without thinking, I threw my arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly. 

At first, I felt him tense up but he slowly gave into the hug. His strong arms wrapped around my waist making every part of my body tingle. I felt his hot breath on my neck making me shiver. 

"What is going on here?" I hear a female ask. I curse under my breath and break my and Jongin's hug. 

I turn around and step back after seeing the elegant and beautiful woman standing in front of me. He hair is styled into a high pony tail, A black tight dress hugged her curves perfectly and her make up was a little too much but it was perfectly fit her style.

"Eun Hye" said Jongin, with shock in his voice. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be here next month" 

Eun hyue smiled and lightly pushed me out her way. She wrapped her arms around Jongin's neck and gave him and long and passionate kiss "I just couldn't wait to see my future husband" She said loudly so I could hear her, before she kissed him again. 

Future husband? I looked at Jongin, waiting for him to say it was a lie, but he just kissed her back. In his face I saw some hesitation and a little discomfort, but he shrugged it off.

He's engaged? How come I never heard about this?  I'm pretty sure Maya knows everything about him but how come she didn't tell me anything?! She knew I've been crazy over him these past few days but she still didn't tell me anything.

When they finally broke the kiss, I looked at Jongin one more time, hoping that he will push the girl away and tell her that she's crazy, but it never happened. He completely ignored me and started talking to Eun Hye. 

I backed away from the scene and walked towards the exit door. 

Before I left, I looked back at Jongin and see him staring at me with a look I can not quite figure out. 

Not giving it much thought, I walked out with tears in my eyes.

I should have known that something was strange about him.

He too amazing to be a single man.