Phone call

The Engagement

Jongins' POV

"There's nothing going on between us, Eun Hye. Can't you trust me for once?" I asked to Eun Hye while rubbing my temples. She's been screaming at me over the phone for the past two hours. She kept telling me how she mad she is and how much of a Mia is. I tried to explain everything that happened but she doesn't believe me. She has the idea that I'm cheating on her stuck on her head.

"Listen. If you don't believe me, then that's your problem. I am tired of telling you that there is nothing between me and Mia. We are co workers and nothing else" I said, getting up from my chair "Call me when you want to have a decent conversation and not scream at me while I'm trying to explain what's going on" I said before hanging up.

Today I have an interview with a reporter. I'm going to clear everything up. I'm going to let the world know what really happened that day. 

"How's everything?" Asked, Mia, walking into my office.

She looked tired. There were bag under her eyes and her eyes were puffy from crying. I talked to her and told her not to worry about anything. I will make sure that our names get cleared. I always keep my word.

"Everything is fine" I lied. If I tell her that me and Eun Hye fought, she would feel even worse. 

Honestly, I'm getting tired of Eun Hye. Every time I'm seen with a female, she freaks out and starts calling me a liar and a cheater. Throughout these years, I've never given her a reason to doubt me. I've been loyal and caring to her and all I get in return is definitely not her trust. 

"That's good" she said, giving me weak smile. 

I place my hands on her shoulder "Let's get some food. You need it" I said, smiling at her.

We both walk into the kitchen and look for instant ramen noddles. That's the easiest thing to make and the tastiest thing in here right now. We heat it up in a bowl and start eating it.

"How are you feeling?" I ask before I take a sip of my water.

She smiled lightly "Apart from being called a by the entire world, I'm fine"  

I sighed "Listen Mia, I-"

When I was about to talk to her, her phone started rigging. She excused herself and walked towards the living room, where he phone was. She answered with a quick hello and walked towards her room.

As she talked, I sat on the kitchen table, thinking about what I should say to the reporter. I don't know how to handle this situation since I've never been through it. If it happened before I became a CEO, no body would be even paying attention to the situation, but now that there's a company I should be taking care of, any little mistake I make will be forever in my record. 

I should have never dragged Mia into coming to this trip with me. Honestly, I didn't need her to come. There were more people that were eligible to come with me, but I just chose her. For some reason, I just felt attracted to her. 

The way she spoke and the way she expressed herself made her look so trustworthy and appealing. She makes me feel like I can trust her and tell her everything. She's not only a great employee, but she's also a good friend,

As I was about to start eating again, an alarmed Mia runs out her room. There's panic all over her face. Her breathing is increasing each second, her eyes are watering and her face is reddening. This cannot be good. 

I walk towards her and ask her what's wrong. She shakes her head and puts her hands over her face, as if trying to calm herself down. "What's going on?" I ask.

I take her hands away from her face, noticing her the tears coming out her eyes. "Maya heard something. Eun Hye will hurt me if don't stay away from you " She said making me walk away from her in disbelief.

Eun Hye? Hurt her?

I know she's a sometimes but she wouldn't even hurt a fly...

right?