Back to the US

The Engagement

Jongin's POV

I waited and waited until the cops finally arrived. Eun Hye, while cursing at me, got dragged away by the cops, who looked very happy taking her away.

"We've been looking for her for a while now, Mr. Kim. " Said Detective park, going through some files of the crimes Eun Hye has committed "According to Sehun, she was the one responsible for the killing of two powerful businessman, She has also harmed more than ten people. Her crimes will probably get her life in prison." He said. 

I nod and look at Sehun, who is also getting dragged away by the cops. Even though I didn't press charges and Mia didn't either, he has to go jail for being Eun Hye's crimes. Sehun looked at me and gave me a small and sad smile. I muttered thank you before they got him in the car and drove away. Even though Sehun took park of Eun Hye's evil plans, he still helped me save Mia. 

Thanks to him, she's a live. A little hurt, but still alive. 

"As you know, I should arrest you for disobeying my orders, but because you helped u capture Eun Hye, I'll let you slide" Said Detective Park, putting the files away "But make sure that next time, you follow my orders" He said before he walked away. 

I chuckled at his statement and walked towards the ambulance. There I saw Mia, getting her injuries treated. She didn't have any major injuries, except a bruised cheek and lip, but that's all. People tell me that she was lucky that I got there earlier because while they looked around the area, they found torture tools hanging in a room. Just thinking about Mia getting tortured gives me the shivers. 

"Hey" I said to Mia. 

She sat down with her eyes closed as paramedics healed her bruises. When she heard my voice, she opened up her eyes and smiled "Hey"

"How are you feeling?" I ask, taking my jacket off and putting it around her. It's getting colder and she's only wearing a white t shirt and underwear. 

"Thanks" She said "And I'm good, thanks to you. If you would have gotten here later, I would have probably died" 

"You don't have to thank mek, Mia. I did what any other human being would do." I said after the paramedic left us alone to talk. 

I thought about asking her what Eun Hye did to her, but I can't bring myself to ask her. She's been through so much that asking her about it will probably make her feel overwhelmed. I decided to keep my mouth shut, at least for now. 

"Are you ready to go back home?" I asked "Because after this, I'm not planning on staying in Korea" 

Mia chuckled and rested her head on my shoulder "Yes! I really just want to go back home"

As Mia rested her head on my shoulder, I couldn't help but think about how bad this could have ended. If I didn't show up earlier, she could have died. I can't help but feel this immense wave of guilt inside of me. If I hadn't told her to come with me, she wouldn't have been here right now. She would be back at home, safe and sound. At this exact moment, I'll devote myself to repay her for all the pain I've caused her. I don't know how I'll do it, but I promise I will. 

"Can we go now?" she asked, taking me out of my thoughts. "I'm really tired"

I looked down at her and smiled " of course we can" I said, getting off the chair and helping her get back up. 

"Let's go home" She said, as she grabbed my hand and we walked towards a police car that was assigned for us to take us home. 

~.~

Mia's POV

"I missed you so much, you idiot!" Said Maya, hugging me tightly "I thought I wasn't going to see you again" 

I laugh and hug her back "I missed you too, Hun. I really want to thank you for warning me and Jongin about what Eun Hye was going to do. If it wasn't for you, Jongin and Sehun, I would have been dead right now" 

"You don't have to thank me Mia. That's what best friends are for right?" She said giving me a warm smile. 

For the first time in a while, I finally felt happy. I'm back home with the people I truly love. My best friend, my family, my friends and most importantly Jongin. After we arrived, three weeks ago, we have gone out a couple of times. He's taken me out to dinner and to various adventures. Remember when I told myself that I shouldn't fall for him? Well, it's too late for that now. After everything that happened back in Korea I came to the conclusion that I love Jongin. After seeing him risk his life for me, this new and special bond formed between us. It's so refreshing and nice to have something different happening in my life. 

"Are you ready to go?" Said Jongin walking towards us and interrupting our conversation. 

I nod and say goodbye to Maya before we both walk out of the building. Today, Jongin wants to take me over to his house. He said that in his mansion, he has a movie room which he specially prepared for us. 

"What movie are we watching?" I ask, as we get on his car. 

"It's a surprise" He said with a wink before he drove off towards his house. 

~.~

"Taken? Really?" I asked Jongin, rolling my eyes at him. 

He laughs and places his arm over my shoulder "What? I thought it would be nice and  maybe a little funny" He said before he grabbed some popcorn and stuffed it in his mouth. 

"Yeah, Yeah, sure" I said getting my attention back to the movie. 

As the movie was ending, me and Jongin got bored of it and decided to go to his rooftop. He says he keeps a special garden up there where only he and his mother can enter. He said that he built it because of his mother since she loves flowers. 

"It's really beautiful" I said, looking around at the different types of flowers that surrounded the area. 

As I looked around, I felt Jongin's stare on me. "Do I have a fly on my face or something?" I asked walking up to him.

"Not really" He said. His eyes moved from my eyes, then my nose and then to my lips.

At that moment, I realized that he wanted to kiss me. I'm not stupid like those girls in the romantic books who are blind. I know when a guy wants to kiss me, and at this moment, I'm 100%  sure that Jongin wants to. 

"May I kiss you?" He asked, taking me out of my thoughts. 

I nod and smile sweetly at him before he slowly brought his lips down to mine.