South Korea

The Engagement

Mia's POV

The afternoon seems gloomier than I was expecting. I was aware that it was going to rain, but I never realized it would look this bad. The day that me and Jongin leave for Korea is finally here. After the accident at the party, I was hoping that this day never came. After talking to Maya about what happened, I came to the realized that I got ahead of myself.

I knew very little about Jongin but I liked him. I could have been falling in love with a person that at the end, after finding out who he really was, might be completely different from what I thought. It's complicated but it just makes sense in my head. I finally came to the conclusion that I need to step down. I was so grateful that he rescued me from Chanyeol, that I overreacted. Also, the poor Eun Hye. Our first meeting was not very appropriate. I was hugging her husband for god's sakes. If I was her, I would throw me off a bridge.

When I finally reached the airport, I quickly checked in and walked towards the gate. There, I saw Jongin looking down at his phone. I thought about what I should do for  some time. Should I go up to him or keep my distance? I honestly, don't know what to do so I just grabbed my phone and started doing the same thing he was doing, checking things on my phone.

After about a minute or so, I felt someone tap my shoulder lightly. I look up and see Jongin smiling down at me "Hello Ms. Carter"

He was looking stylish like always. He was wearing dark jeans with a white long sleeve polo. He looked so professional and fashionable, unlike me. I just wore the first thing I found which was a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans and boots.

"Hello Mr. Kim" I said, giving him a smile.

I also thought about apologizing about what happened. What I did was very unprofessional and I should apologize, it's the least I could do.

"Listen, I owe you and your fiancee a very big apology. The way I acted was not only completely unprofessional but it was also very rude" I sincerely apologized.

I was waiting for him to express his anger towards me at that moment but all he did was smile. "It's okay. I understand why you did it. You just were very thankful that I helped you get rid of Chanyeol that night"

I opened my mouth to say that I'm sorry one more time, but I quickly closed it. I already apologized and all I want to do is close this small and embarrassing chapter of my life and start a new one where me and Jongin are not awkward towards each other. It is so kind of him to forgive me. I embarrassed him not only in front of his fiancee but also in front of his employees, that is if they saw what happened.

Even If I really like him, I need to control myself.

I can't be with a man that has his future planned with another woman.

~.~

When we finally landed in South Korea, I got so exited. I love this place. I've had the pleasure of coming here last year, and I completely feel in love with it. The cities, the people, the culture, everything was just so breath taking. Being here after such an eventful week is the best thing that could ever happen to me.

"We will be staying at one of uncle's hotel in Korea. He gave us the shared suit which is an immense room with a kitchen, living room and two rooms" He said, as he looked over some papers of K incorporations I prepared for him. "I hope you don't mind"

Why do we have to share a room? This just makes this entire situation more uncomfortable not only for me but I know it does for him as well. Also, what about his fiancee? I'm pretty sure she does not like the idea of me practically living with her husband for a month.

"I kind of have a little concern" I said, after taking a drink of my water. I didn't even notice my throat got dry after what he told me. "Isn't your future wife uncomfortable with this? I mean, I'm sure she must not like me very much after what happened"

Jongin sighed and put the papers down. "Listen, Eun Hye doesn't know that we're staying in this suite. She even believes you're staying at a completely different hotel" He said with a little guilt in his voice.

My eyes widened and I couldn't control my words "Are you crazy? She's going to freak out!" I said before I realized that I was being unprofessional.

Jongin's mouth opened in shock after what I just said. I though that my career in K incorporations was over after that comment but I felt relief when he started laughing "You're a hilarious woman, Mia" He said.

I laughed nervously and apologized. Can this get more embarrassing?

"Listen, the problem is that if you're away from me, we wont be able to work as much as I would like us to. K incorporation's office in Seoul needs fixing fast and the only way we can do is if we stay together and work together. Plus, what Eun Hye doesn't know wont hurt her" Said Jongin as the car parked into the front of one of the biggest hotels I've seen.

~.~

"This is your suit, Mr. Kim" said a young woman as she opened the two double doors of our room. When we walked in, I was amazed. The place actually looks like a big apartment. It has a large living room with a flat screen TV, a kitchen filled with supplies and two large rooms with King sized beds.

After showing us around, the young woman finally left, leaving me and Jongin alone. We walked towards the kitchen to grab something to eat since we haven't eaten in ages.

"I can make pasta if you want" I told Jongin ,who was looking around, trying to find food.

"Sure, but I'll help you" he said smiling as he took out the ingredients.

First, we made the meatballs. I never liked the processed ones so I we made them from scratch.  The bottle of sauce was a huge hassle to open. It took me ten minutes until I finally gave up and gave it to Jongin who opened it in a flash.

"I loosened a bit for you" I said pouring the sauce into the pasta.

Jongin laughed "Sure thing! Keep on dreaming!"

I rolled my eyes again and kept on cooking. As I was stirring the pasta, I felt some sauce hit my cheek. I stirred it to fast and hard. Damn it! I looked at Jongin who was laughing uncontrollably for some reason. As he laughed, I started seeing something that I've never noticed before. His laugh is the cutest laugh I've ever heard. Its so free and energetic that I can't help but start laughing either.

After a while, Jongin stops laughing and walks towards me. Noticing it, I stop laughing and wipe my laughing tears away. When he finally reaches me, he wipes the sauce from my face and puts it in his mouth.

"Delicious!" He said, jokingly, after he savored the sauce.

I stood still and look at him smile at me. For a moment, I felt as if me and him were the only people the in world. I know I've told myself I wouldn't keep on liking him but it's so hard not too. How can i know like a person as amazing as he is? I'm not saying I'm in love with him, but I do feel attracted to him. Very attracted to him..

When he realized what he did, his smiled dropped. He cleared his throat  "Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom" He said walking past me and into his room.

When he was out of sight I smiled and placed my hands on the side of my face, trying to make my blush go away.

This month will definitely be interesting.