The New CEO

The Engagement

MIA'S POV

My heels touched the floor with a soft click as I made my way towards my office on the second floor. Like always, the office looked dull. Papers after papers laid in each of the desks waiting to be read, organized and to sent where they belonged. Working at one of the biggest corporations in the United States was a very tiring but rewarding job. The opportunities are endless, plus you get the opportunity of traveling each month. 

         As I opened the door to my office, I was met by a slim figure standing by my window. The male was wearing a gray suit with his hair freshly styled, like always. When his eyes landed on me, he smiled "Good morning Ms. Carter" says the man that I did not want to see any time soon.

  "Good morning Mr. Park. What do I own the pleasure of seeing you this morning?" I said, trying not to sound too sarcastic.  Park Chanyeol is the only person that makes this place a living hell. He is one of my co workers. At first, I actually liked the guy. He was sweet, charming and his beautiful smile was a huge bonus. Everything between us was perfectly fine, that was until three months ago all the employees, including me, got together at a bar and got drunk out of their minds. That night, me and him had a one night stand, which it is something that I will regret for the rest of my life because he has been obsessed with me since then.

   "I just came in to see my favorite girl." He said, walking towards me and grabbing me by my waist. I strongly pushed him away and sighed "You should leave. I do not want anything to you with you and you know that. What happened that night was a mistake" I explained as I walked towards my office door and held it open for him "Now, leave my office or I will have to get Mr. Evans into this again." 

  Understanding the threat, Chanyeol quietly left my office and did not come back again. Mr. Evans is the person in charged of this branch of the office. When you mess with his employees, things might get a little rough.

  As I was about to sit down, my best friend, Maya, enters my office without knocking. "You have no idea what's going on right now" She blurted out as soon as she walks into my office. 

    Maya is the kind of girl that you will love no matter what. Her eyes are as blue as the sky and the ocean combined. He once dirty blond hair was now dyed black and her make up, like always, was perfectly done

  "What's going on?" I ask, uninterested. She is the type of woman that gets hyped up over nothing. The other day she got exited because they brought the bagels back into the office. She is a 27 year old woman that behaves like a little girl. 

    "You see, " she said, leaning closer to me "There is this new hot CEO joining the company and guess where his office is going to be located?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows. 

 By the look on her face, I already know the answer. There has been an empty office right next to mine since Mr.Kim, the old CEO, passed away from natural causes. He was an old man so we all saw it coming. "Next to me isn't?" I asked, putting on my reading glasses and grabbing some papers that were left here by the office delivery guy, Baekhyun.

"Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!" She said, tapping my desk lightly "This is what I know so far; His name is Kim Jongin, he is 30 years old, he is  Mr. Kim's son and he is smoking hot!" She said, jumping around like a little child.

 I gave her a bored look "Why would you think I care?" I ask. "As long as he does not mess with me, I really do not care at all" I said, signing some papers and placing them on a black bin by the computer.

  I hear Maya sigh and stomp her stilettos into the hard wood floor "You are so boring!" she said walking towards my side "You need to see him now, that way you'll understand why I'm freaking out over him" She said grabbing my hand and dragging me out of my office. 

 I try to get free but her weight training classes were really paying off. She opened up my door and dragged me towards her cubicle which was right in front of the new CEO's office. I looked around the place to see if any girls were freaking out over Jongin as Maya was, but just like I imagined, no one was. 

 "There he is!" Said Maya, tugging on my expensive Gucci suit. I slap her hand away and look at the direction she's looking at. There is see the most stunning man I've seen in a long time.

His plump lips are slightly parted. His lean but strong body is covered in a black, expensive looking, suit. His hair is styled back and the look in his eyes was extremely seductive. Now I know why she's freaking out so much over him. 

   As I admire his appearance, his eyes meet mine. He stared at me for what felt like ages but in reality were just a couple of seconds. His lips slowly formed into a smile, making me blush. I break the eye contact and look at Maya who was looking at me with an I-told-you-so- look. I rolled my eyes at her and went back to look at Jongin. 

  My eyes widened at the realization that he was walking towards us. I looked back at Maya and she was panicking. ", pretend to be working or something" She said to herself.  If Kim Jongin was not walking towards us right now, I would be laughing out of my mind right now.

"Good morning" I hear him say. His voice is just like I imagined. Smooth yet so masculine. His lips were still in a smile making me more embarrassed than what I already was before. 

Ignoring Maya, he walked closer to me "I'm Kim Jongin, the new CEO." He said, extending his hand towards me. I smile nervously and take his hand "Mia Carter, Finance Administrator". No other man has ever made me feel nervous since I was a teenage girl. He is such a gorgeous, classy and educated man, that you couldn't help but feel embarrassed under his presence. 

"Nice to meet you. Here" He said randomly, giving me a white envelope. "It's an invitation to the company's annual party. I want to introduce myself to each employee and what a better way to do it than with a party" He said with a wink. "I hope to see you there", and with that he turned around and walked into his office. 

  I look down at Mia, who was still pretending to work, and let out a long sigh. 'How can this man I just met make me feel like I'm a teenage girl again?', I thought as I walk towards the bathroom to try to get myself together.  

  As I walk pass Kim Jongin's office, I see him through the window staring at me not only with curiosity, but also like if i was the only girl in the world