Chapter Nine

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 9

            When my friends first told me we would be visiting a night club I had a very distinct picture of what it would be in my mind.  This place tops all my expectations and we haven’t even reached the entrance yet.  I’m just glad Youngbae has yet to let go off his hold on me.  His arm around my waist is the only thing keeping me grounded and making me feel safe.

            With anxieties running high I take a closer look at the club.  I let it slowly sink in.  Its name is Bloody Mary.  How very original.  If more people realized the supernatural really existed I wonder if they would enter a den of supernatural.  With how ostentatious vampires are, from what experience I have had, you would think more humans would catch on.

            Bloody Mary is a massive brick warehouse turn club.  The bricks are painted black and you can see gothic architectural designs in white on the outside.  From the windows I catch the kaleidoscope of rainbow like lights through the elegant part in the violet velvet drapes.  The music is loud enough that I am beginning to wonder how the entire building is not shaking from the vibrations.  That conclusion is from just hearing the music outside of the place.

            “It may not look like much outside but I assure you inside it exceeds all expectations and assumptions,” Jiyong informs me with a look of glee in his eyes.

            Youngbae and I lag behind the group as they walk closer towards the entrance.  “If you feel uncomfortable at any point tell me and we will leave.”

            The closer we get to the entrance the lighter and more relaxed my body feels.  “What is it that I’m feeling?”  At that Youngbae holds me closer to keep me grounded.

            “The atmosphere of the club correlates with how the owner wants you to feel.”  He seems a bit worried about my mental/emotional state.

            “Another vampire gift?”  Maybe I’m becoming more in tuned than I thought?

            “You’re catching on very quickly.  Before long you may even be able to discover if a vampire has a gift and what it is without my help.”

            “I will always need your help Youngbae,” I tell him as we gaze into each other’s eyes.

            We are both jerked through the doors entrance by a very strong pair of hands.  The force leaves us a little unbalanced.  “Enough of that,” bat boy is really getting on my nerves, “it’s time to have some fun.  Jiyong is even considering performing.”

            Now that has me interested.  “What would he be doing?  How would he be performing?”  I am really curious about what our leaders’ hidden talent might be.

            We join the rest of our party at a table.  From the looks on their faces it appears they heard us.  “Jiyong is a talented M.C. and singer songwriter,” Daesung says with a smile.  Answering my question and if they heard us.

            “And I’m debating if I should give these partiers a real show.”  Jiyong is never one to lack confidence, or modesty for that matter.  “If you’re lucky maybe we can even convince Tabi to rap alongside me.”  We look at Seunghyun expectantly.  He looks at each of us individually, lets out a deep sigh, and nods his head yes.  “It’s settled then.”

            “I will rap at the end of your performance if we all sing together another time.”  I have to perform with them?  We have yet to even do karaoke together.

            “Deal,” Bom agrees for all of us as she shakes Seunghyun’s hand.  I don’t remember agreeing to this.  But then again when do I ever have a chance to agree before one of the clansmen does it for me?

            Minji states with a smile what I see as obvious.  “Then it’s settled.”

            “You’re in for a real treat Chae.  Jiyong and T.O.P. will blow you away,” Dara tells me.  I must say I believe her.

 

 

I wonder who the club owner is?  It should be interesting having G.D. and T.O.P. perform together.  Enjoy!

khrishope8