Chapter Sixteen

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 16

            “Oh good, you two are still here,” Jiyong and Seunghyun walk towards us sitting at my desk.  It was beginning to look a little messy which activated my O.C.D. 

            “They’re smiling so that means the meeting must have went well,” Youngbae whispers in my ear.

            “Exactly.  Alpha Yunho and I have come to a truce.”  Were their problems before?

            Seunghyun clarifies.  “Vampires and werewolves have always had good relations.  Our meeting was to decide the exact terms of our agreement.  You would not believe how long that took,” he tells us with an eye roll.

            “More important news is that we are to have a party.”  That explains Heechul’s good mood.  “The celebration will be at club Bloody Mary.  Amber’s going to love having the wolves over.”

            Youngbae notices my confusion.  “She will be happy because one of her friends is a werewolf.”  Could that be the person who she thought could have been her mate?

“His name is Henry and they have always been very close,” Seunghyun finishes.

Jiyong has a disturbing smile on his face.  “It’s why Seungri is helping Amber at the club.”  Well that explains the mystery of where Seungri was.  “Now Chaerin come with me so I can give you your dress.  The girls already received theirs.”

“Oh-kay,” as Jiyong grabs my hand and drags me off.  Youngbae and Seunghyun waved goodbye as we left.  Traitors.

*

“Hey Amber never expected to see you in a dress.”  It is tea length, white lace overlay for the bodice and straps, and periwinkle blue taffeta from the waist down.  Part of it wraps around the waist forming a bow and then flares out.  “You look great,” and she does.

Amber’s dress

 

“Thank you, I’m wearing it because I lost a bet.”  Maybe she lost bet to her friend Henry?  “Seungri beat me decorating.”  Or maybe Seungri, he did help her today.  “You look great too.”  I start blushing.  It’s a fit and flared style dress, royal blue in color, blinged out accentuating my figure from the top to the bottom of my hips where chiffon fabric flares out.

Chaerin’s dress

 

“Thank you, but I can’t take credit for it.  The dress was Jiyong’s idea.”  Although I wish I had designed it.

“All our outfits were his idea.  He kept mumbling something about beating Heechul and Jaejoong.”  We look at each other and bust out laughing.  “I’m sorry to cut our conversation short but my werewolf friend Henry is calling me over.”  So that’s Henry.

“It’s all good.  I should probably be looking for the rest of the clan anyways.”

She tells me, “good luck,” as she walks to her friend.  I look around me for someone I might know.  All the guys are in classic black tuxedos with their accessories to set them apart.  In the sea of black I spot someone in green.  It’s Minji, she’s with Daesung near the D.J. booth.  Her dress is a-lined shaped with a sweetheart neckline, bejeweled in black at the top, with the skirt a leafy green.

Minji’s dress

 

They spot me and wave me over.  The couple hugs me tightly.  “You look amazing Chaerin.  Almost as good as my Minji does.”  She smiles up at him.  I can understand his bias.

I’m still curious about the sea of black.  You would think a party thrown by Jiyong, Heechul, and Jaejoong would be more outlandish.  “Do either of you know why only the girls are dressed in color?”

Minji answers me.  “They wanted the girls to shine out more than the men.  Mainly they wanted to compete to see who could pick the best dresses.”  That sounds like them.

“Now I understand.  Have either of you seen Youngbae?”

“The last I saw him he was near the dancefloor,” Daesung informs me.

I thank them and leave to find my mate.  As I search the dance floor I notice Seungri slow sway dancing with Bom and Dara.  For some reason it looks natural.  They must have danced like that many times before.  All of them look great.  Dara is wearing a strapless sweetheart neckline dress.  From the waist up the jewels are sparse in a starburst pattern and there are jewels outlining the bottom of the skirt, it is a wine red in color and made of chiffon material.  Bom’s dress is also strapless and made of chiffon with a sweetheart neckline.  The main difference is her dress has an empire waistline.  The bodice has criss-crossed rouching and some embellishment highlighting the bust and is pale pink in color.  Somehow Seungri found a tie that perfectly blends the two colors.

Dara’s dress

Bom’s dress

 

I spot Jiyong, Heechul, and Jaejoong talking.  Actually Jiyong looks more like he’s gloating.  Their significant others are near and shaking their heads in disbelief.  I look past them into the edge of the dancefloor.  I see Youngbae.  I make my way towards him as if I’m in a daze.  We meet halfway in the middle.  As our hands touch my phone rings.  The caller I.D. says it’s my parents.

 

 

 

 

Henry

 

 

 

I hope you think the dresses suit the girls as much as I did.  And I’m so glad I was able to add Henry.  Enjoy!

khrishope8