Chapter Twenty

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 20

Epilogue

            “Chaerin?” Youngbae whispers her name as if it is a prayer.  Her name is his life line.  He kisses the unconscious girl softly at her temple.

            People begin rushing out of the fashion company building, Follow Me.  “Youngbae what happened to Chaerin?” Jaejoong asked in a concerned tone as he starts to reach for his employee.  He quickly pulls his hand back when the man in question lets out a low growl.  A growl so low only someone supernatural could hear.

            Trying to be strong Youngbae grits out of his teeth, “she was hit by a car as she was crossing the street.” 

            “Where is the bastard who did this?” an angry Heechul barked out.

            Youngbae jerked his head back at the car behind him, “that drunk driver.  He swerved and accelerated before she had a chance to dodge.”  He does his best not to jostle the girl in his arms.  Somehow the rest of the clan arrives at the scene due to a vampire power.

            Seungri yanked the driver in question out of the car, no concern for the man’s condition as his own friend was lying lifeless.  “What do we do with him?” Seungri asked with disgust.

            Yunho was near the car.  “Hand him to us and we’ll take care of him.”  He turns to Youngbae, “you focus on taking care of her,” and with that he dragged the drivers’ body into the building.  The other werewolves followed him, Heechul and Jaejoong begrudgingly, as there was nothing they could do for the girl.

            Chaerin’s breath was becoming shallower.  With worry in his voice Youngbae looked into his leaders eyes.  “Jiyong, what do I do?”

            Jiyong looked with sadness in his eyes, “you know what you have to do.” 

            “What if she doesn’t make it?” voiced the concerned Daesung.

            “Then it’s a chance I have to take.”  Youngbae, with tears streaming from his eyes, lowers his mouth lovingly to .  Only this time instead of drinking from her neck he releases the venom in his fangs and wills his love to change. 

Everyone waits on in bated breath.  Jiyong in Seunghyun’s arms.  Daesung is hugging Minji close as the both sob.  Seungri is in between Bom and Sandara, holding both their hands tightly.  They too are crying as he cries silently himself.

Then Chaerin’s body completely relaxes.  Youngbae lowers his head in despair.  Her heart stops beating.  He holds her close and lets out a pain filled cry to the heavens.  The tears are ever flowing.

*

Have you ever had a day where everything was going as you expected, and then suddenly your life changes forever?  All it takes is one moment.  That happened to me not too long ago, twice.  First, when I had a chance encounter with my soulmate.  Second, when I was hit by a drunk driver and my soulmate bit my neck and changed me from human into a vampire.  Now I live in the basement area of an abandoned church I dubbed Church of the Golden Light, with my eccentric fellow vampires.  I work at a fashion company called Follow Me, and my bosses are werewolves.  Sometimes I visit the club Bloody Mary owned by my good friends, a vampire and a werewolf.  I occasionally visit my parents with my loving mate, who is never far away from me.  My name is Lee Chaerin, and my story has just begun.

 

 

Chaerin and Youngbae

           

           

           

            You would not believe how emotional writing this chapter was for me.  I had to force myself to write it.  I felt such a connection to these characters writing this chapter almost had me in tears.  Goodbye for now and enjoy!

khrishope8