Chapter Five

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 5

            I love my job, I truly do.  I get to do what I love and make money for it.  I design fashion for the company Follow Me.  I’m even an executive designer in the company.  The co-C.E.O.’s, Kim Heechul and Kim Jaejoong, recruited me.  It’s why I moved to Seoul.  I just have one problem; I cannot keep models no matter what I do.  They don’t like that I will model my own clothing.  Meeting Youngbae was a godsend.

            “It’s beautiful,” Youngbae said as he gazed in wonder.  It is a beautiful building.  A 15 story building constructed of steel and rose tinted glass.  Even with its modern design of clean lines it still has a traditional feel.  The glass that covered the building was made up of a very strong material, practically bullet proof.  By rose tinted, I meant it was tinted in a way that the outside world cannot see inside the building but those inside can see outside with a rose hue covering the scenery.

            “Wait until you see the inside,” I tell him as I slide my I.D. badge in the slot and the front door opens.  The view inside is even more majestic.  Open floor plan, Bamboo hardwood floors, a receptionists desk in the middle of the room, the desk is an antiqued white wood finish with the latest technology on top.  Artwork covered the walls, mostly landscapes.  The waiting area is done in comfortable yet chic furniture in cream leather and a sleek glass coffee table that resembled the building with steel and rose glass.  And that’s just the first floor.

            “You’re right, it is more beautiful on the inside.  The only thing that confuses me is why the building is decorated with landscapes and not pictures of the models in Follow Me clothing?”

            “You noticed that.  Our co-C.E.O.’s, Jaejoong and Heechul, want the clients to focus on the landscapes so they have less expectations when it comes to the designers and their sketches.”  We walk past the receptionist desk, “hi Zhoumi,” who nods his head in greeting while he answers whoever is on the other end of the phone.  After we enter the elevator I press the button for the 13th floor.  He stands in awe again at the inside of the elevator, a floating box of rose tinted mirrors.

            “I’m sensing a theme here,” his voice hinted amusement.

            “Yeah it’s kind of hard to miss as it is everywhere.  My bosses love pink.  At least it’s subtle enough that it’s not so in your face.”  I take his hand. 

            “Jiyong’s the same way.”

            “The hair tipped me off.”  I can’t help smirking at the similarities between the three men.  “Back to the tour of this enchanting pink building.  Floor 1 is the reception and waiting area.  Floor 2 is for fashion shows.  Floor 3 is for photography shoots.  Floor 4 is for clothing production.  Floor 5 is for models.  Floors 6-13 are for designers.  Floor 14 is for business and staff meetings.  Floor 15 is for the bosses.”  The elevator dinged as it stopped.

            “And you work on Floor 13?” he asked as we walked out of the elevator.  Then we stepped into the chaos that is design.

            “Yes, and my area is towards the back.  If you will follow me.”  We walk to an area, the only clean, neat, and organized area on the entire floor.  As we pass by the other stations my fellow designers not so subtly stare at us.  Maybe it’s because Youngbae is so handsome or it could be due to the fact that I’m holding his hand.  In the few months that I’ve been here they have never seen me this close to anyone, especially a man who I appear to be romantically involved with.  Nosy people.

            We reach my station and I begin to look around for a chair for Youngbae to sit on.  As I do that he browses through my portfolio.  He glances up at me as I roll a chair up to him he smiles.  “You’re very talented.”

            What a sweet heart.  “So I’m told.  Have a seat Bae.  Now that I have my muse I need to begin working on a masterpiece that will do you justice.”

            “Anything you create will be amazing.  Is there anything for me to do while you are in your creative process?”  What can he do?  I don’t want him to be bored while I’m working.

            “Maybe your friend could help us Chaerin?  We could always use some extra hands with the latest set design.”  My boss has great timing.

 

 

 

 

Zhoumi

 

What do you think of Follow Me fashions?  I know I frequently used rose coloring and trust me if the building does or did exist it would be very pink.  Enjoy!

khrishope8