Chapter Eleven

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 11

            After my talk with Amber I made my way to the dance floor.  I found Youngbae easily enough.  It turns out he is a very talented dancer.  Around 2 A.M. Jiyong made his way up to the turn tables and was D.J. for a few hours.  Now he’s almost done and judging by how much Seunghyun is fidgeting its time for their duet.

            Seungri slaps Seunghyun on the back as he passes him.  My eyes trail him as he walks towards his mate, towards the stage.  “Keep staring like that and I might just get jealous.”

            “Don’t be silly Bae.  I’m staring because I’m worried about him.  He seems very nervous.”

            “Try not to worry too much.  Hyun is worried because he hasn’t performed outside of the clan in a while.”  That does explain a lot.

            I don’t understand why he’s nervous.  As soon as Seunghyun held the mike he and Jiyong performed an amazing duet.  They sung Don’t Leave.  I never realized Jiyong’s voice could go that high even with falsetto.  And when Seunghyun began rapping I could understand why Jiyong goaded him into going on stage and Bom agreed so quickly to the terms.  It was that incredible.

            Jiyongs’ set is over and we are leaving the club until next time.  “Come back soon!” Amber yells to us.  We all agree.  The clan head to the church, which I dubbed Church of the Golden Light.  Youngbae and I headed to our apartment.

            I see a hand waving in front of my face to get my attention.  “Earth to Chaerin, are you in there?”           

            “What are you doing?” I ask as I slap his hand out of my face.  He only grins.

            “Catching your attention.  I’ve been trying to since we left the clan.”  He’s trying to sound light hearted but I can see the worry in his eyes thanks to the street lights.  “I just wanted to know how you and Amber got along.  How you’re doing?  Are you okay?”

            “It’s sweet of you to be worried but there is no reason to be worried about Amber and I.  I think we bonded and have become good friends already.”  We walk up to the apartment complex.  “I’m okay but are you?”

            “What do you mean?” he asks as we enter our apartment.

            I make sure our door is shut and locked before confronting my mate about my worries.  “You have yet to feed from me since we’ve met.  I’m worried about you.”  Great, now some stray tears escape from my eyes.

            “I didn’t want to rush you,” he tells me as he wipes away my fallen tears.  “This is all so new to you.  I was trying to be considerate but I worried you.”

            I can’t help my smile.  “There is a way for you to make it up to me.”

            “How?”

            “Feed from me.”

            I can see the conflict in his eyes.  I can also see traces of hunger that becomes more apparent as he decides to take my suggestion.  “Are you sure?”  He’s trying to make sure this is what I want.  I signal yes.  “Alright.  Let’s sit down first so you can be comfortable while I feed.”

            We walk to our shared bedroom that we only use for sleeping.  Looks like we’ll now be using it for feeding as well.  He lays me down gently on the bed.  He places pillows around me and makes sure I’m comfortable.  “We’re both nervous and you delaying the inevitable only makes it worse.”  There’s that laugh I love so much.

            “You’re really impatient for someone who is about to bleed for my nourishment.”  He leans over me.  He’s now serious again.  His head is at the crook of my neck.  I feel his canine teeth elongate and scrape my skin.  My heartbeat speeds up.  Then without giving me time to freak out he quickly inserts his fangs into my neck.  No gentle about it.  At first it hurts and I can practically feel the burning venom about to enter my bloodstream.  Until that feeling vanishes completely.  I feel warmth and a connection with my mate on a deeper level.  As he slowly drinks my blood my hand brushes the back of his head to pull him closer.

            I don’t know how long we lay there in perfect harmony.  It couldn’t have been long because if it was I think I would have fainted from blood loss.  He slowly detaches himself from my neck.  Before he completely lifts his head he where the puncture marks are, sealing the wounds for good.  He looks into my eyes as he the blood from his lips.  I have never felt more in sync with another until this moment.  That is until he kisses me soundly and firm.  Sparks don’t fly, it’s an entire wildfire.

 

 

 

Youngbae finally drank from Chaerin.  I find it interesting that was more intimate than I think any could ever be.  Also I'm finally done with my classes for this semester.  Enjoy!

khrishope8