Chapter Seventeen

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 17

            “What’s wrong Chae,” Youngbae asks me as he caresses my face.  “Who’s calling?”

            I’m still tense, “it’s my parents.  That can only mean one thing.”  He freezes.

            “What does it mean?”

            “They’re coming for a surprise visit and they are on their way to my apartment.”  Now we’re both worried.

*

            After I talked to my mom Youngbae and I left the party.  We explained everything to our friends.  They took it well.  Now we’re in my house cleaning like crazy in our fancy party clothes.  We haven’t even taken the time to change.

            “Chaerin, if you continue cleaning like you are you will work and worry yourself sick.”

            How can he be so calm?  “Why are you just sitting on the couch?  My parents will be here soon!”

            He grabs my hand and pulls me onto his lap.  He hugs me close.  I feel so safe I can’t help relaxing.  “I’m so calm because you clean up after yourself every day.  All we needed to do was straighten up a little and prepare some snacks.”  I lean into him.  His words have me wanting to kiss him.

            “What you need to do is let go of my little girl.”  When did my parents walk into my apartment?

            “Dad!  Mom!”  I jump from Youngbae’s lap into my parents arms.  I pull back a little, “how did you get in my apartment?  I never gave you a key.”

            My dad snorts and my mom giggles.  “Chaerin I’m a physics professor.  Of course I’m able to make a copy of your key.”  What does you knowing physics have to do with this situation?

            “What your father means is we made a copy of your key when you first moved here.  Just in case.”  That explains the copy.  Thanks for telling me earlier mom.

            “Why didn’t you tell me?”  I hear my mate clear his throat.  I turn back to face him.  “I’m so sorry Bae.  Youngbae these are my parents.  Mom, Dad, this is my boyfriend Youngbae.”

            My dad crosses his arms over his chest.  “That still doesn’t explain why you were on his lap.  Or why you two are so dressed up.”

            “That is a lovely dress by the way Chaerin.”

            “Thanks Mom,” and I mean that.  “We were at a party when you called.”

            “Mr. Lee I’m sorry for disrespecting you.”  I have such a polite boyfriend.

            “Just know I’ll be watching you,” my dad says with a glare.

            And on that note, “would you like some refreshments?  And do you still want to meet my new friends?”

            My mom answers.  “Yes please, on both accounts.”

            “Then you are in luck Mrs. Lee.  Chaerin has refreshments already prepared.  Our friends should also be here soon.”  We hear a knock on the door.  Great timing.  “I’ll get that.”

            The door opens and the clan steps inside.  “Hello Mr. and Mrs. Lee.  My name is Jiyong and it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”  My parents are smiling at his flamboyancy.  Nice save Ji.

 

 

 

Jiyong arrives in time to save their butts.  Short chapter I know and I’m sorry about that.  Enjoy!

khrishope8