Chapter Four

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 4

            “Before we discuss transformation we need to let Chaerin adjust to vampires and let her become comfortable with us.”  Youngbae really is my hero.

            “I can at least answer the question about my nickname.  It’s CL, both for my initials and because I speak French.  In French ciel means sky.”

            “Well now that we have that covered we can discuss more important matters.”  What important matters oh fearless leader Jiyong?  “What will Chaerin’s living situation be now?  Will she continue to live in her apartment or move in with us?”

            “I would rather continue to live in my apartment while I’m still human.”  After all what human in their right mind would want to live where they could be a midnight snack?

            “And I will live with Chaerin.”  Such a considerate mate I have.  Looks like I am still a midnight snack no matter where I live.

            “Then when you change Chae she can live with us!”  I didn’t realize Daesung was that observant.

            Seungri seems to take pity on me.  “Judging by your expression I take it you’re still confused.”  Or I could be wrong.

            “Are you confused about the mating process?” asked Jiyong.  I can’t help nodding.  “Well as you probably know to turn someone into a vampire that person has to be near death and when we release our venom we must will for them to change.”  I nod my head again. 

Seunghyun takes over from there.  “While our mates do not have to be vampires to recognize them it is better if they are vampires when we go through the mating process.  That is especially the case when a vampire’s mate is human, such as yourself with Youngbae.  Him turning you will make the process easier on you.”

“The actual mating process is very simple.  During the process you have , bite each other, and drink your mates’ blood.”  Yes, very simple.  What I’m curious about is how Minji was able to say that with a straight face?

“Any questions human?”  Ooo bat boy is going to get it.  “OUCH!”  Nice head slap Dara.

“Yeah, only one question.  Youngbae are you ready to go?”  Youngbae takes my hand and we start to leave the church.

“Bye Chaerin!” yells the clan. 

I wave back, “bye guys.  See you soon.” 

*

On the walk to my apartment we’re both quiet.  It’s not an awkward silence but a comfortable silence.  We walk up the steps of the apartment complex and to my door.  As I turn the key in and turn the doorknob I can’t help looking at Youngbae.  “Well this is it.”

He drops my hand and looks quietly around my humble apartment.  He takes it in like he would fine are in a museum.  Nodding his head, “it’s very nicely decorated.  I like it.”

I can’t help smiling.  “You should since this is where you will be living until I’m near death.”

Flinching, “yeah I’m not looking forward to seeing you in a near death state.  Even if that is the only way we will be able to fully mate and be with each other forever.”

“Forever is a long time.  Are you sure you want to be with me that long?”

“I’m sure,” he says winking at me.

I start yawning.  “I don’t know about you but I’m ready for bed.”  I grab his hand and pull him along, “come on lover boy, this human could use some sleep.”  I can practically feel him smiling.

*

“When am I going to meet your family Chae?” Youngbae asked while playing with my hair.

I look up at him over my shoulder.  He looks so cute that I can’t help smiling.  “When they decide to visit.  Which might not be that long of a wait since they found out I’ve made new friends.”

“Such great friends.  Who are you going to introduce me as to them?”

“Well I can’t exactly say you’re my mate.  I’ll have to say you’re my boyfriend.”  A thought suddenly hits me and I can’t help sighing out loud.  Turning around to face Bae I can’t help asking, “how am I going to introduce the clan to them?”

“Don’t you mean how are we going to introduce the clan to them?”  Cheeky vampire.  “When your parents arrive we can let the clan know and we can have a get together here.”

“Sounds like a plan.”  Looking at the clock on the wall I can’t believe the time.  “Uh oh, I don’t know about you Youngbae but I have to get to work.  As in now,” I say as I rush past him to get ready.

“Where do you work at?  Can I come?”  He’s so cute with that hopeful smile on his face.

“I work as a fashion designer and occasionally am a model.  And of course you can come.  When we get there we can tell my co-workers we’re dating.  I’ll tell them you’re my muse while you can work as my new male model.”

“Let’s just hope the clan doesn’t find out what you do for a living.”

“Why’s that Mr. Doom-and-Gloom?”  I’m confused.  What does me being a fashion designer have to do with anything?

“If they find out they will want to be there all the time and to become your other models.”  Oh.

 

 

Chae’s apartment

 

Hope you like the picture of the inside of Chaerin’s apartment.  Sorry I didn’t describe it. I ended up listening to Oh Oh Oh y Vampire by Fright Ranger and I think it sort of fits the story.  Enjoy!

khrishope8