Chapter Seven

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 7

            These past few days have gone by so fast.  I’ve gotten my collection for this show sketched, made, finished, and done.  Nothing would have happened without the girls help.  I will be forever grateful to Minji, Dara, and Bom.  Youngbae told me he and the guys finished getting the runway ready.  Jiyong tells me it looks amazing while Jaejoong and Heechul tell me it looks better than it has ever looked.  It sounds very good especially since I have not seen the room yet.  Also today is the big day, the fashion show that will feature my collection.  I’m so excited!

            Youngbae clears his throat the get my attention.  “Ready to go Chae?”

            “As ready as I’ll ever be.  Will you open the door please?”  I’m too nervous to do so myself.

            “Of course.”  I can’t help gasping in amazement at what I see.  So simple, yet it is so beautiful.  The runway has the same Bamboo wood flooring on top matching the ground floor exactly.  The chairs surrounding the space are traditionally shaped dark wood with the seats covered in cream leather.  All of the walls and the space the models stand behind before they walk onto the runway in covered in cream satin curtains.  Ornate gold chandeliers hang from the ceiling casting a soft glow.  It looks so different from usual.  “What do you think?”

            I can’t help hugging him.  “It’s so beautiful.  I never imagined it could look like this.  Thank you Youngbae,” I say as I look at him with tears in my eyes.

            He wipes the tears from my eyes.  “No tears.”

            “Not even happy ones?”  He just smiles sweetly at me.

            “Are you excited?” asked Bom.

            We are currently getting ready for the fashion show backstage.  In the dressing room it is complete chaotic bliss.  And yes that is possible.  “Very excited Bom.  You have no idea how long I’ve waited for this day to arrive.”

            “And I’m excited to be able to model these clothes!  You’re a great designer Chaerin.”  Dara’s complements are making me blush.

            “Thank you!  And thank all of you for agreeing to model my collection with me.”

            Minji looks me in the eye, “why wouldn’t we?  We get to wear beautiful clothing and get paid.” 

            “She’s right human,” bat boy tells me as he’s leaning in the doorway.  “So stop stressing out and let’s get this show started,” he walks out of the room.

            “Agreed,” I confirm his idea as I signal for the girls to follow me to where we need to go.  In no time at all we are standing near the curtains that separate us from those sitting to watch the show.    

            Youngbae notices my anxiety.  “You’ll do fine.”

            I can’t help smiling, “thank you.  I know I seem nervous but it’s an excited nervous.”

            “No need to be nervous Chaerin.”  I can always count on Seunghyun and Youngbae to calm my nerves.

            “Exactly,” Jiyong’s gaze sweeps over us.  “I’ve made sure the space is up to my standards.  Your designs suit us and the space enhances that.”

            “Ji is right.”  When did Jaejoong get back here?

            “Get ready models,” and there’s Heechul.  He nods at me before he takes a microphone.  My bosses leave the curtain retreat and enter the midst of flashing lights.  “Now presenting Follow Me’s featured designer Lee Chaerin’s collection.”

Daesung puts his hand on my shoulder and gives me a reassuring squeeze before walking out onto the runway.  He is in one of my more casual designs.  Loose black pants, a white button down shirt, a black vest only buttoned at the top, a yellow blazer, with a gray scarf, a black hat, and converse hi-top like shoes.

Next to step on the runway is Minji wearing a dressy casual outfit.  She is wearing a flaired out skirt with a black and white horizontal strip pattern, a long sleeved red top with a trapezoid cut-out in the front, and a pair of red strapped wedges.

Bom smiles at me before she follows Minji’s lead.  She is wearing an off-white evening gown with three slits strategically placed at the top and one slit going from the floor up to an inch above her knee in the middle.  To go with this she is wearing a pair of hot-pink stilettos.

Seungri saunters after Bom.  He too is wearing a more casual outfit.  Loose black fitting slacks with four silver buttons, a loose white short sleeved button down, a classic pair of black shoes, a black fedora, and a pair of round sunglasses make his look.

Dara blows me a quick kiss as she breezes past me.  A gray stretch knit crop top with matching stretch knit flared skirt, and a pair of gladiator high heeled shoes.  A pearl string necklace was added to dress it up.

Jiyong whispers as he passes me, “show time.”  One of the few men I know who could pull off a satin red and black floral print three piece suit, leather loafers, and white button down, and a thin classic black tie.

Seunghyun can only roll his eyes at his mate.  He is wearing blue casual outfit that compliments his hair color.  Royal blue slacks and jacket, a blue flannel vest hoodie, and a light blue t-shirt under that, and tennis shoes.

Youngbae turns and hugs me quickly before he walks on the runway stage.  He is wearing a casual dress outfit.  Dark wash blue jeans, a brown and gray plaid button up shirt, a navy blue blazer, and brown boots with a buckle strap.

I can’t help letting out a deep sigh.  This is it.  This is what I’ve worked so hard for.  This is only the beginning.

 

 

 

 

 

Well lots of pictures this chapter.  This chapter didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted it to.  I hoped everyone else liked it.  Enjoy!

khrishope8