Chapter Ten

Fashion and Vampires

This chapter is dedicated to ilse02.

Chapter 10

            “When did I agree to let you play M.C. of my club?”  What is with vampires and their super hearing?  Wait who is she?  A pretty girl with short hair with an almost boyish air about her. 

            Jiyong just grins.  “Why wouldn’t you let me play?  You and I both know how great of an M.C. I am.  I’ve filled in for you enough.”

            I really like this girl who is apparently the club owner.  The club owner whose name I still do not know.  “And who is this?  I never pictured you a clan into sharing a donor.”

            “This is Chaerin.  She’s not our clan donor but she is my mate,” Youngbae informs her.

            She then turns her attention to me and gives me a friendly smile.  “Hi Chaerin.  I’m Amber and I own this club.”

            “Hello Amber, it’s nice to meet you.”  I try to think up something to say to relieve the awkwardness.  “You have a beautiful club.”

            Amber lets out a chuckle as the clan decides it’s safe to leave me with her as they hit the dance floor.  I even manage to nonverbally cue Youngbae to join them.  “Now that they’re gone how about you ask me what you really want to?”

            “I wanted to get your perspective on vampires and donors.  How did you start this?  Where do the donors come from?  How do you screen them?”  I stop short of asking what I am really curious about.

            She appears to be deciding the best way to answer my questions.  “As you might know I am an unmated vampire.  Mated vampires feed from each other.  I have come close to finding my mate, but he and I weren’t meant to be.  Therefore I need a donor and humans are the best choice for feeding from.”  That explains a lot.  “I won’t tell you how old I am but know I am older than most.  Around twenty or so years ago I grew tired of searching every few weeks for a new donor.  I decided that we unmated vampires needed a safe place to feed from human donors.  To let the donors come to us.”

            Somewhere through her tale we take a seat at a secluded part of the bar.  “You would be surprised Chaerin at how many humans have a biting kink.”  She smirks a bit at that.  “They come from all over to visit my fine establishment.  Most don’t even realize vampires are real.  They think this is a fad.  A fad where people dress up as vampires and have a for drinking blood.”

            “If that’s so then how do you convince them to be donors?”  I’m really confused about this part.

            “Simple, we don’t have to.”  What’s that supposed to mean Amber?  “Let me explain.  It’s like a magician with sleight of hand tricks.  We do ask them if they would mind being donors.  When we shake their hands we prick one of their fingers and collect a blood sample.  With that small track of blood we are able to screen them from diseases.  It may seem a little old fashioned but we do that by using a microscope.  We have vampires trained to know if something is wrong with a donor’s blood by sight.  If they’re not clean we send them away politely.  If they are clean then they become a donor.  We even have a way to help them replenish blood afterwards with a special herb that is classified information.”  I didn’t even think about asking how they are able to replenish their blood so quickly for donation.  “Now what is your main question?” 

            “How often do you actually need to feed from your donors?”  This question has been driving me crazy.  Youngbae hasn’t even tried to feed from me yet.  It has me worried about his health.  “I know how you feed.  I just don’t know how long you can go without feeding.”

            “Has Youngbae not told you?”  I nod my head no.  “Aish, that kid.  We can go up to two weeks between feeding but do not need to go over that.”  Looks like I have my work cut out for me concerning Youngbae and his feeding.

 

 

 

 

 

           

            Amber

 

 

 

            Were you surprised that the owner of Bloody Mary is Amber?  Enjoy!

khrishope8