Chapter Nineteen

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 19

            It’s been a week since my parents first arrived.  While staying with us in our two bedroom apartment Youngbae had to sleep on the couch.  He took it like a champ.  Now my parents are preparing to leave.

            “I’m going to miss you guys,” I tell my parents as I hug them.

            “We’re going to miss you too baby,” my mom tells me.  “It’s too bad Youngbae couldn’t be here to see us off.”  She’s a little sad about this.  Mom and Youngbae really get along well.

            “He wanted too but Jiyong needed his help with something,” that I still do not know what is.

            Dad nods his head in understanding.  “Next time.  Remember it’s your turn to visit us next.”  He thinks about something for a second, “and bring Youngbae with you.”  While Mom gets along with my mate Dad is the one who bonded with him.  They bonded through my dad teasing Youngbae.

            “I will.  Have a safe trip you two,” I tell them as they step inside the cab.  They wave to me through the back window.  I choke up a little as I wave back.  I’m going to miss having them around.

            Walking up the stairs to my apartment I smile.  Jaejoong and Heechul were gracious enough to give me the week off while my parents visited.  Now it’s time to get ready to go back to work.

            I walk into the apartment and begin to get ready for work.  I also straighten the rooms as I move through my apartment.  After I finish I walk out the door, lock the door, and jog down the steps making my way to work.

            Thinking about Follow Me I remember my job today is to help another designer being featured.  Zhoumi is very talented and fashionable.  He finally has the chance to showcase his talents.  I’m excited to be able to help him out. 

My mind drifts to another friend of mine, Amber.  I haven’t seen her since the party, which was a week ago.  I should go by and visit with her soon and maybe visit Bloody Mary while I’m at it.

            The other vampires now cross my mind.  Minji and Daesung are visiting the countryside for a relaxing holiday together.  They really deserve the vacation and to be able to spend that time together.  Sandara, Bom, and Seungri are at a local amusement park today.  They told me they have been feeling stir crazy here lately.  I hope the girls are able to handle bat boy.  Jiyong and Seunghyun are actually supposed to be in another “meeting” with the werewolves.  I think they’re actually planning something that has nothing to do with treaties. 

            As for Youngbae I have no idea where he is right now.  Jiyong said he needed him for something.  I have been spending a good majority of my morning trying to figure it out.  That brings me back to finding something for us to do now that we should have a more relaxed time for a while.  Maybe we can actually have a real date?

            I’ve just reached the street I have to cross to get to Follow Me.  Something in my gut is bothering me.  My instincts are telling me to stay put.  But I need to hurry up and cross the street or I’ll be late.  Looking both ways the street is all clear of cars.  I begin to walk towards the rosy building I love so much.

            “CHAERIN!”  Youngbae?  I look behind me and see him running towards me.  I turn to walk back to him.  “LOOK OUT!”  Huh?

            Turning my head I see a car speeding towards me.  It came out of nowhere.  It swerves a bit but not enough.  I try to get out of the way in time, but I’m too late.  All I feel is pain.  Someone reaches me and holds me close.  “Chaerin?” Youngbae whispers my name like it’s a prayer.  He kisses me softly.  I relax from the safeness I feel in his arms.  Then I feel nothing.

 

 

 

            Please forgive me for this short chapter and major plot twist!  I know this chapter came early and out of the blue.  I wrote it earlier than I ever expected to, but life surprises you and things happen when you least expect it.  Real life does not follow our script, ideas, or expectations.  Enjoy!

khrishope8