Outing

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I'm going out with a friend to have dinner later. You don't have to save dinner for me. -Heeyoung

 

Who is it? Do I know her? You actually have friends? -Myungsoo

 

It's just a normal friend, he's my classmate. And yes I have friends, probably more than you do. -Heeyoung

 

You shoved your phone back into your pocket before you put on your working apron. This time, another co-worker was here as well. "Heeyoung!" She greeted, waving to you. You smiled back, "Good afternoon, Soeun."

Soeun attended the same school as you, and she was in her second year as well. You proceeded with your cashiering duties while she was in charge of bringing in fresh pastries from the back of the store.

You were glad that you were able to handle the crowd. Moreover, you were relieved that the creepy guy who stalked you a few days back did not visit today.

Daehyun visited the store at about 6.45pm.

He approached you at the counter. When you finished serving a customer, he popped out behind that customer. You let out a small gasp, startled. "You're early!"

"You look funny with the apron..." He tried to resist laughing out loud. "Like an ahjumma."

You would have smacked him if you weren't working right now. "How can I help you?"

"Where's the mini cake you gave me the other time?"

"There, near the entrance beside the croissants." You pointed. He gleefully made his way there with a tray and a pair of tongs. "Woah..." You could hear him exclaiming from your spot. "There's chocolate and banana flavour as well!"

Daehyun eventually queued for his turn. Your eyes widened at the amount of cake he bought. 

"This is too much!" You scolded, looking towards the counter where the cakes were displayed. There was hardly any left. "Soeun!" You called out, "Please refill the mini cakes!"

"Too much?" He grumbled. "I'm bringing business to the store, ya know."

Soeun appeared from the back with a tray. As she refilled the counter, she glanced towards your direction and paused. "Daehyun? Jung Daehyun?" She gasped, excited to see him here.

"The total will be $16.80."

"When are you leaving?" He asked as he received his change from you. "Soon, just wait 10 more minutes for me." You said.

"I'll wait for you outside." He notified. As Daehyun turned around, he bumped into someone. "Sorry." He muttered, about to leave when the girl grabbed his arm. "Omo, you're really Daehyun!" She squealed, patting her flushed cheeks.

"Soeun?" You mumbled, puzzled at her action.

"I never thought I would see you here!" She continued to initiate the conversation. Daehyun was utterly confused. Wide-eyed, he scratched his head and glanced at you before looking back at her again. 

You explained, "Daehyun, she's from our school."

"So?" He frowned, turning back to Soeun. "I don't even know you."

"You don't know me, but everyone knows you! You're so popular in our school... I'm so happy that I'm actually talking to you." She smiled shyly. "My friends will be so envious! I've always eyed you from afar, but I just don't have the courage-"

"Are we friends?" Daehyun asked her suddenly.

"Huh?" Soeun felt nervous under his heated stare, "Uh, no... but we could be if you want-"

"I won't talk to anyone who's not my friend."

She seemed surprised, "But I saw you talking to Heeyoung..."

Daehyun looked at you. "Ah, he's my classmate." You told her, not bothering to introduce him since she already knew him. "And friends. "Daehyun quickly added.  Soeun's face fell. "Oh my..." She covered in shock. 

"Heeyoung, you're too lucky." She whined, frowning at you.

 

You were more than relieved to end your shift. Sighing, you took your phone and checked for notifications. 

 

He? IT'S A HE? 

What's his name? Are you close to him? Did he asked you out first? 

WHY ARE YOU NOT REPLYING ME!?

 

It was all from Myungsoo. *What's with him? I already told him it was just a friend...* You quickly typed back a reply before grabbing your bag and heading out of the store.

He was standing at the entrance. "It's so cold!" He complained, rubbing his arms.

"Let's eat something warm." You walked along the pavement. "Of course." Daehyun agreed.

The both of you ended up at a ramen place. After being seated, he grabbed the menu and looked through the different dishes, excited to eat. "Anyways, why did you ask me out today?" You questioned.

"I wanted to thank you for that day. I honestly don't know what would have happened to me if you didn't showed up in time."

"I thought you said you were a pro fighter."

"I am, but I wasn't able to unleash my powers because they were too many of them."

You la

Please log in to read the full chapter