Gap

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Daehyun's popularity was growing day by day, and the shiny badge pinned on his collar was the cause of it.

A perfect example of this was what happened along the hallway today. When Daehyun walked past a group of girls, they were stunned.

"Since when the school council had such a good-looking member?" One swooned.

"I want to know his name!" Another proclaimed.

It was not an exaggeration, but literally the whole school knows him now. Instead of hanging out on the rooftop, he now eats with s in the cafeteria. The people who previously envied him now respected and admired him instead.

Daehyun continued to be an active member of the school council.

With the endless meetings and events, he soon found himself struggling with time management. He did not have enough time to get a good night's rest due to the fact that he returned home late everyday. On top of that, he had proposals to type out and homework to finish.

As for you, you had decided to suppress your feelings and continued to be friends with Daehyun.

There was no point in risking your friendship because of your feelings for him. As much as it hurts to do so, you did not want Daehyun to feel burdened by the one-sided feelings you have for him.

But even if you felt that way, Daehyun simply had no time for you anymore.

"Daehyun," You finally talked to him after so long. He cast a side-glance towards you.

"Have you decided on the day for the tutoring session?'

You swallowed nervously, waiting for his reply. "Oh, about that..." He looked guilty.

"I'm really busy nowadays."

Your heart sank immediately. "I'll study on my own from now on." He assured. "The year-end exam is in a month's time. I know I can do it."

"If you say so..." You mumbled half-heartedly, feeling dejected.

The lesson ended for the day and Daehyun stood up, ready to leave for his meeting. Reluctant for him to leave, you unconsciously muttered something incoherent. He heard you and turned around.

*Shoot-* You leaned back, embarrassed.

"What is it?"

"Sorry... It's nothing." You answered, your gaze lowering. 

He managed a small smile. "You're as blur as always." He commented, heaving the strap of

Please log in to read the full chapter