Loss

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You had spent the past two nights making this notebook for Daehyun.

"That idiot better appreciate it." You sighed as you held the book firmly in your hands. The content of the book consists of the important formulas and notes all the way from chapter 1 to 15. 

It was the fruit of labour from your hard work and effort. The content inside was also handwritten.

"On second thought, it's a waste giving it to someone like Daehyun." You mumbled to yourself. "Maybe I should publish it. People will definitely buy this book of mine. I can earn money as well, and that would make me happier."

 

The last class of the day ended.

You were still contemplating if you should give the book to him. You broke free from your train of thoughts when you realised Daehyun did not approach you. The class was now empty, and there was only you and Daehyun.

He sat slumped in his seat, a disheartened look on his face.

"What's wrong with him," You frowned. "Daehyun?" You called out once.

He didn't budge. From your point of view, he looked like a kid deprived of his favourite candy. He continued to stare at the floor, his half-lidded eyes reflecting sadness. 

You decided to stand up and walked to him. He remained motionless as usual.

"Are you sick?" You bent down beside his table, frowning at him. "If that's the case, maybe you should go home and rest. We can have our tutoring next week."

He did not even bothered to glance at you. It was like your presence was invincible to him. You were getting ticked off, and his aloof attitude was pissing you off. "What's wrong with you..."

 

"I... broke up with my girlfriend."

That undeniably took you by surprise. You swallowed nervously, confused at his words.

*What do I do?* You glanced at him at concern. You've never handled a person who fell out of love. This was new to you. 

Due to your experience from watching many Korean dramas, the lead actors who get rejected / fall out of love usually become depressed and they may even have depressing thoughts... You gulped. Would Daehyun become like that?

*That can't happen! His Math results are at stake!*

"It's okay. Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure you will meet someone better." You tried to comfort him. He gritted his teeth and turned your way.

"You don't understand. Someone like you..." Daehyun narrowed his eyes at you.

*This idiot...* You huffed in frustration. "And I was just being nice." You rolled your eyes, stood up, and walked over to your table. "I'm going home if you're being like this."

As you were packing your stuff, Daehyun suddenly stood up. He slammed his fists onto the table, causing you to flinch.

"YAH-" You were about to give him a dressing down about the consequences of breaking school property when he took off abruptedly, running down the hallway. You were stunned at his behaviour. *Where is he going? Could he be...*

"Don't tell me he's going to attempt something ridiculous!" You quickly grabbed your bag and ran after him.

He ran out of the school gates as you chased after him. You were a distance from him but you still had enough stamina to continue running, and to possibly catch up with him. He looked like he was venting his anger while running, his long legs assisting him while he sprinted as fast as he could.

*Jung Daehyun, don't you dare do anything stupid! I'm responsible

Please log in to read the full chapter