Priority

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Today was the Math exam, and also Valentine's day.

It was unfortunate that couples in school had to go through their Math exam before going on their dates. Meanwhile, Sungjoon was tidying the council room. He then heard the door to the room opening.

He raised an eyebrow, finding it weird that someone would enter at this early timing.

"Oh?" The person exclaimed.

"Daehyun, what are you doing here?" Sungjoon asked, pushing his glasses up. 

The latter smiled sheepishly as he returned him the badge he unpinned from his collar. "I'm sorry, Sungjoon." He apologised. "The council life is just not for me."

Sungjoon was surprised. "What a pity... I was thinking of promoting you to the president role."

"W-What?!" Daehyun was taken aback. "Really?"

"I'm a year three student, you know. I'm graduating after this exam. You've only been here for three months, but our club has progressed so much because of your suggestions. Your have the potential to lead our club to greater heights. If there's anyone that's capable enough to take over my position, it's you."

"Me... President..."

Sungjoon nodded briefly, "So, what do you say?"

The offer was tempting enough. Daehyun liked being in charge and being able to influence everyone, but there was someone more important to him than anything else. After all, you can't gain something without losing something first.

Daehyun finally shook his head. "No thank you."

"If that can't make you stay, I doubt I can do anything else." Sungjoon sighed. He returned the badge to Daehyun. 

"This is actually against the rules, since you're no longer a member of the council, but I want you to keep this as a... souvenir, I guess. I hope you've had happy memories while being a member of the council with us."

"I did." Daehyun replied, smiling.

 

The exam ended, and Daehyun was more relieved than ever.

He had spent more time on Math as compared to his other subjects. The paper was tough, but he did his best and answered all the questions. Hopefully, his hard work will pay off. Daehyun began to smile, fantasizing about getting an A for the test.

"Daehyun!"

He spotted Jiyoung running towards him. "I heard that you've quit the school council?" She asked, still panting from all that running. Daehyun huffed, "Yeah, it's tough for me."

"But you were doing so well..."

I've got priorities of my own to take care of."

She subtly nodded. "I don't undestand what you mean, but... anyways." She now looked up, appearing to be nervous. Her voice turned into a soft whisper, "I have something to tell you."

Daehyun never saw this side of her before. She was always so confident, so full of herself.

"You know, it's Valentine's day today." 

"Mm hmm."

"Honestly, I've regretted leaving you. I don't know what I was thinking at that time, but I knew I failed to cherish you. The other time when you confronted me,  I had a boyfriend, right? Well, I broke up with him for you."

"I want you back, Daehyun. I'm sorry if I appear to be clingy at times, but that's how I am. I like to show aff

Please log in to read the full chapter