Unwavering

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Three weeks flew by since then. Today was a Saturday.

Instead of hanging out with Yongguk and others, Daehyun was stuck at home, typing a proposal to Sungjoon so that he could review it before sending it to the teacher-in-charge.

It was the proposal about the sports event that Daehyun had thought of.

As Daehyun typed, he thought about his life so far. As a member of the school council, he was definitely more vocal and confident now. The other members accepted him and even ate with him during break. 

But they were just temporary friends.

To Daehyun, a friend was one that would lend him a listening ear when he is feeling down, support him in making important personal decisions, and also show care and concern for him.

The council members did nothing like that. They only went out with Daehyun in school and nothing more. 

As if that wasn't depressing enough, his only friend was now ignoring him.

He visited your workplace a few days ago. As soon as you saw him, you switched roles with Soeun and allowed her to tend to Daehyun instead. If your shift had ended at that time, Daehyun would understand. But you didn't even glance nor greet him.

Before he could even talk to you, you had disappeared to the back of the store.

It was the same situation in class as well. He did everything he could to catch your attention, but you ignored him completely. Daehyun couldn't figure out what he did wrong, but the sudden gap you left him with was causing him to feel miserable.

Daehyun's fingers left his keyboard, now laying limply by his side. 

This wasn't what he wanted. Clenching his fists, he then realised what his mistake was. 

It was the fact that he had taken you for granted.

You being his tutor, his classmate, his friend. You had occupied such a huge part of his life, and his life had already revolved around you before he knew it. The care and concern you shown had caused him to feel attached to you. 

"Promise me that you'll put in 100% for your Math exam."

He grabbed the notebook that you wrote for him. He casually flipped through, looking at the content he will be soon revising for. 

There was something that caught his eye at the last page. It was a messy drawing of a guy with spiky hair, grinning. "It's so ugly," Daehyun chuckled. "I wonder who she's drawing."

Please log in to read the full chapter