Request

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Now I'll give out the term test scripts."

The class groaned and complained. Students who actually studied were staring at the teacher, eagerly waiting for their names to be called. 

Some students failed and cried while others comforted them. Some of them were just happy to be able to pass. You nervously waited for your name to be called. Will you get the top position again?

"Daehyun," The teacher said. A boy with a sleepy look shuffled forward and grabbed his script. "You'll have to work harder." The teacher persuaded. Daehyun merely yawned in the teacher's face and headed back to his seat.

*How rude!* You were appalled at his action.

Daehyun had never done anything to you, but you secretly disliked him. He was obnoxious, always late for class, and arrogant. You never understood why the girls in your school would like someone like him. Even Hyerin, your best friend, admired him. 

"And as usual, Heeyoung with the highest marks." Mr Lee smiled proudly. 

The class watched as you went up and received your paper. Clapping wasn't necessary. You aced every Math paper you took anyway.

You only peeked at your score after you sat back down on your seat. A 49/50. *Dammit!* You cursed in your mind, growing agitated. *Which careless mistake did I make?*

The teacher cleared his throat, "Now, class. This is only a term test, which is only 15% of your overall grade. Please do not be disheartened if you do not do well. Continue to study hard and you will surely do well for the year end exam."

"Oh, and I want Heeyoung and Daehyun to look for me after this."

 

The bell rang at this moment. The school day has ended. 

Some of your classmates approached you for help on certain questions. You taught them and made sure to point out their mistakes so they would not repeat it the next time. You genuinely wanted to them do well. Math was a fun subject to take after all.

As you were preparing to leave the classroom, you remembered something. *The teacher wanted to see me, didn't he?* You grew anxious. *What did I do wrong? Did I break any of the school rules?*

Nonetheless, you headed for the staff room. Before you could knock on the door, it swung open and caught you by surprise. "Heeyoung," The teacher greeted. "I was wondering where you went off to."

"Yes, Mr Lee?" You inquired.

He looked around, "Where's Daehyun?'' He asked, and then sighed when he couldn't s

Please log in to read the full chapter