Help

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK-"

Your brother paused upon seeing your bandaged head. He ran towards you, holding your head and examining the dressing of your wound. "What happened?" He demanded, concern crossing his face.

"I fell while on the way to school." You lied.

"You liar! You weren't home last night!"

"I stayed over at Hyerin's!"

"Really? Shall I call her to confirm?" He smirked.

"But you don't have her number." You pointed out.

Stumped, Myungsoo a.k.a your older brother let out a long sigh. "Do you know how worried I was? I was about to call the police! At least send me a message to notify me, dammit."

He took the first aid box from the kitchen while you sat on the couch. "Who dressed the wound for you?" He asked as he took out the medicine.

"A passerby." You beamed, hoping he wouldn't see through your obvious lie.

"I knew it. The dressing's very messy. Who even uses a tape to fasten the bandage? A safety pin should be used instead." He complained, taking out the dressing Daehyun helped you with. 

"Yes, oppa. You're the best at these stuff!" You exclaimed.

"Glad you know. And ouch, your injury's pretty serious. Were you shoved against the wall or something?"

"I already told you, I fell down."

But you knew it was more than that. As expected, Myungsoo finished dressing your wound within 10 minutes. "Thank you!" You smiled. He sighed, frowning at you. "Do be more careful next time."

"Also, since you skipped school... what are you going to do now?"

"Today's Wednesday... I have work later." You pouted. "Work? He pointed to your head. "You're going to work in this state?"

You shrugged, "I don't have a choice. They're short of people."

 

"Heeyoung, I'm so grateful you came over today." The store owner smiled warmly at you.

You and the store owner were the only ones mending the bread store. Luckily for you, today was one of the days where the amount of customers were just enough for you to handle. 

"No problem." You beamed back. 

"You came with your injury as well..." She looked worried. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine!" You assured. 

You had attempted to cover the bandage with your side fringe, but there was still a part visible. You couldn't care less anymore and served the customers as usual. Some customers eyed you and flashed you pitying looks due to your injured self.

One particular customer even personally asked you about it. 

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yes I am! Thank you for asking."

"Why do you continue working in this state?"

"The total will be $5.40."

"Please be careful... I'm worried for you."

"Thank you for coming, see you again."

"I'll definitely come by again."

 

You did not know whether he was just being kind or he was actually a creep. The said customer was a regular as well, and you remembered that he was currently studying at the neighbouring school near yours.

You knew, because he would be wearing his school uniform whenever he visited the store.

"I'll close the store on my own. Heeyoung, you go home and rest early."

You felt bad for letting her do this alone. "It's okay, Mrs Choi, I will close the store with you."

After clearing all the leftover bread, wiping the counter and tidying the trays, you were finally finished. Mrs Choi thanked you by giving a small strawberry cake in a box. Soon, you left the bakery with light-hearted smile on your face.

You stopped in your tracks when you spotted him.

It was the creepy guy you were thinking about earlier. He looked up from his phone, startled to see you looking back at him. 

He was a regular customer after all. You briefly smiled at him before going on your way again. 

It was dark outside. After all, it was already 10.45pm. You were initially worn out from your job, but now you felt alert and fearful. There was a consistent sound of footsteps behind you. 

Swallowing nervously, you glanced behind slowly.

There was no one, to your surprise.

*I'm thinking too much.* You sighed, getting jittery. *I should get home quick.*

As you continued walking, the footsteps were still behind you. A shiver ran down your spine. Mustering up your courage, you turned back as quickly as you could. You could have sworn you caught a glimpse of the creepy guy's face

Please log in to read the full chapter