Fund Raising

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The dreadful exam period was finally over, and today commenced Fund Raising day for Imwon High.

Students bustled around excitedly along the school concourse. For your class, everyone chose the time slot they wanted, as not all classmates were needed to tend the stall at the same time. Daehyun took the same shift as you, which was from 1pm to 4pm.

You were arranging the props on the table while Daehyun was snapping pictures for the customers. 

The polaroid was processed and the picture soon came into view. The customers, who were also students, complimented Daehyun on his skills. You leaned in and peeked at the photo.

"Wow, your photography skills are not bad." You praised him.

"I've always liked taking pictures." Daehyun admitted.

Minki soon appeared. "Daehyun, we have to make our polaroid business prosper, right?" 

Daehyun wasn't making any sense of his words, but he still nodded subtly. "I guess?"

"Then how about you take a picture with these ladies?" Minki suggested, taking the polaroid from him. "Omo, really?" The girl students squealed in delight, "If we can take pictures with Daehyun, one polaroid is not enough. We'll buy 10 instead!"

Daehyun sulked as he was forced to join in the photo with them. 

You met eyes with him. "Smile!" You mouthed to him, your finger tracing your curved lips. He frowned irritably back at you. 

The 'Taking polaroid with Daehyun' event eventually gathered attention and soon girls were all queuing to take polaroids with Daehyun. Some girls even attempted to wrap their arms around his.

Only after 5 minutes of just standing there, he left his spot. "I'm done. I'm leaving." He snapped, trying to catch his breath. 

Minki ran after him, "Don't leave yet, Daehyun! There's a surprise for you after this!"

"What surprise?!" Daehyun growled back. You appeared at this timing, wondering what was happening. 

"Surprise for the birthday boy~" Minki sang while trying not to laugh at his own horrible singing voice. "Don't think I don't know, Daehyun! Today's your birthday, isn't it? I know, because I checked the class register."

*B-Birthday?!* You gawked at Daehyun. He appeared oblivious as usual. "I don't celebrate my birthday."

"Your classmates and I have agreed that a small part of the earnings today will be used to celebrate your birthday. We could buy pizza or something. I even told the rest of the classmates to stay back later to celebrate for you, don't be such a spoilsport!"

"I'm not a spoilsport! I don't need any celebration!"

 

While they were arguing with each other, you were lost in your own thoughts. *It's his birthday, and I didn't get anything for him!* 

*What do I do now?* You tried to think of a reasonable solution. *Either I could pass it to him another day, or I don't get him anything at all. Wait, that's not right! After all that he's done for me, getting him a decent gift is the least I can do...*

*Also, there's no significance if I pass my gift to him another day. It won't be on his special day anymore.*

"Uh, Minki, I have to leave for something urgent. Sorry." You spoke up, immediately reaching for your bag. The two guys stared back at you. "What happened?" Daehyun asked. 

You shook your head, "It's nothing. But I'll come back by the time the event ends, so please remain here."

"See, even she's encouraging you to stay for the celebration."

"I don't care. I'll just disappear later. You'll never find me."

"What's the use of the celebration if the birthday boy disappears?!"

They were still quarreling with each other and the customers were left unattended by the side. *Those boys!* You sighed, but there was something else more important than the business. You ran off and towards the main school gates.

*The waiting time's too long for the bus.* With that, you began to hail for a taxi. 

You had to get a present for Daehyun no

Please log in to read the full chapter