Another

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Just like that, three weeks passed.

It was now the holidays. To students, it was more like a 'study break' period. This was the period where they would cram as much information into their brains as possible. 

Daehyun had to resist the urge to break the pencil he was holding onto. He kept getting the wrong answers over and over again, and it was downright frustrating. 

*What am I doing wrong?* He thought. *I applied the correct concept, didn't I?*

The pencil eventually snapped. Startled, he stared at the two broken pieces.

He was doing alright until the last few questions. He tried it umpteen times, and each time, he got a different answer. To make matters worse, he was only at the revision questions for chapter 5. There were two more chapters to go.

The answers at the back of the textbook wasn't helping either. There was only the answer, but no explanation.

"It always seems impossible until it's done."

*Sorry Heeyoung, I already attempted it, but my answer are forever wrong.* Dejected, he left his table and rolled on his bed. *I'll take a short break.* He told himself, the back of his hand pressing against his forehead. *I'll return to that later.*

"You should push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you."

His eyes shot open. Feeling guilty, he eyed the opened book lying flat on the table. Daehyun knew there wasn't much time left, but....

"Besides, I believe in you."

He reluctantly sat up again. He had conflicting thoughts within him, to take a short break or to continue pressing on? He could try the question again, but still, if he's stuck at that question, he couldn't move on because the other questions were much harder. 

His phone vibrated at this point.

*The last thing I need now is a distraction.* He tried to reject the incoming call, but paused when he saw the caller ID.

Heeyoung

He picked it up immediately.

 

"Hello? How's the studying going?"

"Not very good." He admitted. "I'm having problems."

"Shall we meet up?"

"Hah? It's fine, I'll just ask you over the phone."

"I want to meet up to choose assessment books for you. Sorry I thought of this so late, but the revision questions in the textbook aren't the only questions you can attempt. Also, the answers in assessment books are explanatory so I think it'll definitely aid you for the exams."

"Wow..."

"Let's just meet up for a short while."

"Sure, of course." Daehyun started to pack his books.

"I'll meet you at XX mall."

"Alright."

 

He met you outside the bookstore, and the both of you headed inside.

You spotted him eyeing the the newly-released storybooks. "Be serious!"  You told him, leading him towards where the boring assessment books where. Daehyun took one randomly and flipped through it.

"...that's for middle school students." 

"Aish!" He placed it back and started to look for the ones suitable for high school students. You looked for it as well, and you eventually found it by the side of the shelves. 

You left Daehyun to browse through the selection while you looked at the stationaries nearby.

While flipping through random books, a presence near him caught his attention. A man who wore a black hoodie, black pants, black cap and shades. *Wearing shades in a store? What a wierdo.* Daehyun rolled his eyes.

But what was more unusual was the fact that the man was standing exactly where he was standing a few minutes ago.

*A grown men... looking at an assessment book for middle school students.*

The guy looked towards him at this point. Shocked, Daehyun turned away and buried his face into the book he was reading. Feeling wary, and he quickly chose the assessment books he wanted and left. He had a bad feeling about that guy. 

Daehyun met up with you and the both of you joined the queue.

You checked the assessment book he wanted to buy. "Oh, this is not bad. Good choice!"

He briefly nodded, trying to catch a glimps

Please log in to read the full chapter