Chapter 8

Fulfilling my teenage dreams as a grown woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

BOBBY’s POV

 

I was ordering the drink to Jay and I feel like someone is looking at me. So, I turned around and met with a pair of surprised eyes. 

 

“Hey” my mouth slipped impulsively. It’s her. Although I treated her badly in HK, my character can’t go on without greeting to a person I know.

 

She just stared at me without greeting back. Ugh, I regretted greeting her. I should have remember how cold she was.

 

“Hi” she said kind of awkwardly, surprising me.

 

I just nodded and gulped a sip of alcohol. I saw her standing up from her seat to leave from the corner of my eye, I stopped her quickly by throwing out random question. I didn’t want her to leave. I don’t know why.

 

“I didn’t know you were friend with Krystal” 

 

She has just stood up from her seat and she turned to look at me.

 

“I’m not…” she looked at her glass while answering. I somehow feel like she’s being shy, not ignorant like I expected her to be. It can’t be though. It may be just my imagination.

 

“Then why did u come here?” I was a little confused.

 

“We just happened to have same mutual friend.” She answered; still looking at her glass, while I was focusing on her. 

 

“ah...that elementary school kid like guy with uncle like voice?” I blurred out my thought, shutting my mouth quickly as I remember she was his colleague. 

 

She let out a small breathy laugh; surprising me again, not only because I didn’t expect her to laugh at my words but also because it was my first time seeing her smile. It felt strange.

 

“Yes, him” she’s still slightly smiling.

 

“I see.”~ Awkward silence~ “Don’t you go dance?” I asked her to drive the awkwardness away, I’m kind of running out of questions here.

 

“I don’t dance” she said sharply. Ofcourse, why bother asking that cocky girl, Kim Bobby? 

 

“Actually, I can’t dance…” she voiced out softly after gulping down a big sip of her drink. 

 

“I’m bad at dancing. Like… real bad.” She drank another sip.

 

It’s my turn to laugh out softly this time. She’s breaking all my expectations. 

 

“I was so bad at dancing when I first come to YG too.”  I felt more at ease now conversing like this. It was boring upstairs anyway.

 

“Really?” asked she looking surprised.

 

“yea. I was like real bad that I couldn’t catch up with choreographies like Hanbin could. He was really good since then.”

 

“That was unexpected.” She continued, “ Actually I didn’t even dance at school proms, afraid of embarrassing myself in front of everyone.” with an awkward smile.

 

“Me too!”I got excited: having a similar situation. “I did dance once at like 6th grade. I invited the girl I like to dance with me and after the dance, she never talked to me anymore.” 

 

She laughed, again. This time more sincerely.

 

I told her some more funny episodes of iKON. She would laugh and even giggled time to time. 

 

I realized her smiles aren’t feel strange. They were beautiful and heart-warming. She’s not all ignorant, cold person like I thought her to be after all. She would even act shy sometimes and I saw her blushing once or twice. 

 

May be I judged her wrong.

 

“Look, I’m sorry I treated you wrong in HK. I kind of misjudged you, you know.” I tentatively apologized her.

 

She paused and stared straight into my eyes, looking surprised. 

 

“It’s okay.” She said softly and flashed a guinue smile. I smiled back.

 

“Park Hyojin, right?”

 

She nodded. “Kim Jiwon, right?”

 

I laughed. “Yea” I answered, both  laughing.

 

We were middle of laughing at my joke when someone called me.

 

“Oppa!”  Yeri walked towards me, smiling brightly.

 

“Oh, Yeri yah” I greeted her back. 

 

“Aren’t you going to dance?” 

 

“I don’t feel like dancing today.” 

 

“Are you sure you are BOBBY oppa?”

 

I laughed at her and ruffled her hair. 

 

“I saw iKON getting awards at MAMA. Chukkhahae!” yeri told me cutely.

 

“Ho ho. Of course! Who are we?!”

 

I saw Hyojin leaving her seat. “um…I’m going to restroom” she said before disappearing in the crowd.

 

I chatted with Yeri a little more since it’s been a while we haven’t chat. I also chatted with several people who greeted me. It’s been like 15 minutes and she’s still not coming back from restroom.

 

I looked around she’s nowhere to be found. I even found that Mino guy and his friends. She’s also not with them. May be she left, I thought to myself. But how could she leave without even saying bye? She could at least waved me bye. I was waiting for her like 15 minutes.

 

I walked down to the restroom;  half wanting to pee, half wanting to find her there. 

 

As I entered the quite hallway to restroom, the view in front of the girls restroom surprised me.

 

Hyojin pushed Krystal and she fell on the ground. Hyojin was about to say something when I interrupted her. 

 

“What do you think you are doing!” I said with an firm tone.

 

“BOBBY yah… ”  Krystal winced and cried.

 

I pushed pass Hyojin and helped Krystal get up. She started sobbing. Seeing my friend crying and getting hurt on her very birthday made my anger rise.

 

“What’s wrong with you? How could you do this while you are in her birthday party?” I voice was hard with anger.

 

Her expression went harden from surprised. 

 

“There’s nothing wrong with what I just did. She even deserved more.” She asked with a cold tone and emotionless face.

 

I almost  scoffed hearing her words. Her attitude surprised me, in a bad way.

 

“You know what? I was wrong. I take my apology back. You are even way worse than I first thought you to be. Your attitude is all messed up. ” I said bitterly.

 

She looked hurt. But she deserved it.

 

“You better leave now.” I said before guiding Krystal out of the hallway , my shoulder pushed passed her shoulder.

 

You have no sense in looking at people Kim Jiwon. I told myself.

 

 

 

Hyojin’s POV

 

I can’t believe I’m talking with Bobby. I can’t help but blush. Keep it cool, Park Hyojin.

 

But I lost all of my senses to keep my reputation when he smiled, laughed and told me jokes and funny stories about him. I couldn’t stop laughing at his stories. He is still so cute and so funny. He would act out some parts of his stories time to time and laughed at his own jokes, showing his bunny teeth. He would look at me to see if I am laughing too.

 

I was lost in his smile, his eyes, his voice, his jokes and every little moves he made. I couldn’t even hear the loud music anymore, all I hear is his voice. I couldn’t even see the crowd, all of my focus was on him.

 

This moment was perfect.

 

He even apologized to me. My heart felt warm. I told him It’s okay and then he smiled at me softly and sincerely. My heart skipped a beat. And I felt like butterflies are having dance party in my stomach.

 

The girl named Yeri came and talked to him. They seemed really close. He even ruffled her hair. I felt my jelousy rising, but I held back. I have no right to fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter