Chapter 17

Fulfilling my teenage dreams as a grown woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter  17

 

 

 

Hyojin’s Pov

 

 

 

“Jinny?” I watched Bobby’s surprised face.

 

There was an awkward silence before a dark guy with huge lips wearing a smirk emerged behind Miss long-legs. He made a slight wave at Bobby with a provoking smirk on his face. Bobby’s face darkened even more.

 

Wait, I know him. I know that smirk. Ah..yes. Rap monster. That was his name. I kind of remember him due to his rap battles with Bobby during earlier days.

 

“Seems like your standards got lowered after all the things happened. Look at the girl you bring along” Miss long-legs said while eyeing me from head to toe. Rap monster also eyed me and then chuckled. 

 

 “So you are. You even go out with some self-acclaimed monster now? Wow…I salute you” I heard Bobby said sarcastically. 

 

What did she just say? Me? I also looked down to myself. I was wearing a very slight makeup because I didn’t want Bobby to wait for long and a slipper and a loose saggy dress due to the bumpy cast on my injured leg. Speaking of my leg, the pain in my leg is starting to feel evident and that’s when I realized I am standing and walking on my own! Where is my wheelchair?! 

 

Ah…I left it at our table when I got so angry that I stood up and snapped at those girls. I didn’t realize it till now due to my anger and nervousness. 

 

A little yelp escaped my mouth when a shaper pain went through my injured leg due to standing on it for too long when I’m not supposed to. May be Bobby heard too that he turned to me. Only then he seemed like he also noticed that I’m not in my wheelchair like I was supposed to and looked kind of panic. I was slowly shifting my weight to my uninjured leg when I heard him said.

 

“Hope we can see you two again but we have better things to do at the moment, so..” he told them with a halfhearted wave and mouthed me ‘let’s go’ before slightly supporting me on my way out of terrace till I get back to my wheelchair. While we were leaving, I gave those two, who were left dumbfounded, my infamous cold stare. I may look crappy right now but I, Park Hyojin, have never been talked to like this in my whole life. They are so going to taste some of my spice

 

Neither Bobby nor I said a thing on a ride back to my house. The atmosphere was tensed and I could tell that he was in a bad mood by looking at his expression and the way he’s driving: fast and a little out of order.

 

I thought back to the situation earlier. That girl looked familiar. Jinny? Her name is also familiar. 

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

Ahh! Jinny! Jinny Park?! YG’s trainee for new girl group? Yes, she is! That’s her. Had she debut by now? Ofcuz she had. How many years had it been. Are she and Bobby dating? Or did they date? My thoughts started to wonder aimlessly until Bobby started speaking.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask me who was she?” he asked while focusing on road.

 

-

 

-

 

“No” I answered quietly. He turned and looked at me with curiosity. 

 

“I don’t think I have the right to ask” I said truthfully. 

 

“Ofcuz you have! We are ….friends. You can ask anything!” he said, dumbfounded.

 

“It’s ok. I don’t really like to meddle with other’s privacy” I said looking out of the window. It was only half true because on the other half, I didn’t want to hear his answer. I was afraid my guesses would be right.

 

“Hyojin-” he sounded frustrated before my phone ringtone cut him off.

 

I checked the dealer and it was Director Song. Why is he even calling me at this hour?

 

“Yes, Director Song” I answered calmly and I sensed Bobby turned when he heard me answer.

 

“Ahh… I just wanted to remind you that you have an appointment with your doctor to check your leg tomorrow at 1pm” Director Song said from the other line.

 

 

 

Oh, I almost forgot! He remembered that?

 

“Okay. Thank you. Then…” I was about hung up when he continued speaking.

 

“Wait, wwait!” I heard him clear his throat.

 

“I can take you to the hospital tomorrow. Since you can’t drive” he said, sounding confident.

 

 “and since I’m free anyway!” he added.

 

“I can just go by a taxi.” “There are quite a lot of taxis near my apart”

 

“No, you can’t. Your leg is injured remember?”

 

“Director Song….I can handle my own-“

 

“How can you be able to wheel around the hospital and meet the doctor alone? What if you hurt yourself again while climbing in and out of the taxi? What if the taxi driver tries to take advantage of u due to ur injured leg?”

 

Wow… what is wrong with this man? His weirdness level is ultimate and he sure is talkactive.

 

“Come on. Hyojin….s-sshi” “I’m your director”

 

Oh really? He’s using the director card again?

 

“You don’t-“

 

“Ok! You can pick me up” I quickly cut him off before he can say another reason. (or my ears will starting  to hurt)

 

“Really??” he sounded excited. “ *cough cough*… sure. I will pick you up at 12” he sounded cool again.

 

I hung up the call without another word. As I was ending the call, I could feel Bobby staring at me, so I looked up at him.

 

“Director Song is picking you up tomorrow? That director Song?” he asked.

 

“Yes.” 

 

“For what?” he asked again with a frown.

 

“For my appointment with the doctor to check on my leg”

 

“Oh. You had an appointment?” “Shall I pick you up? I can if you want…”

 

“No. I just told Director Song to do so” I said truthfully.

 

He turned away from me back to the road. His face showed more annoyance.

 

“And why is that Song guy picking you up? Isn’t he your Director?” he turned to me again after several seconds.

 

I looked at him confusingly. He’s getting informal. He sure is in a bad mood because he saw that girl with rap monster, I thought by myself.

 

“Nevermind. I also don’t like to meddle with other’s privacy anyway” he said before turning back to the road with a blank face. Did he feel offended by my words earlier about his privacy? I couldn’t help it. That’s how I always talk. My cold side just came out instinctively. Is he upset at me? No…

 

“Bobby..I-”

 

“Arrived. Good night.” He said without looking at me. I turned around and realized that we already reached at my apartment.

 

“Good night…” I said before stepping out of his car and dragging my own folded wheelchair out from it. I was just unfolding my wheelchair on my one leg when he drove off.

 

I sat on my wheelchair and wheeled alone till I get to my room while swallowing my own tears.

 

What have u done, Park Hyojin?  You upset him. Didn’t you know that he was in a bad mood due to the situation earlier? You should have been careful.

 

 I hated myself for being cold and rough with my words for the first time. I didn’t think of that as a problem before.

 

I forced myself to sleep right away that night, without giving my mind a chance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter