Chapter 6

Fulfilling my teenage dreams as a grown woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

Hyojin’s Pov

 

It has been a week since I had come back from Hong Kong. Those 3 days there was like a dream; a dream that I can’t never go back again. How did I live these days? It doesn’t even feel like living; wakes up, eats, works, eats again, thinks of those 3 days, regrets of everything that happened and sleeps. I lived like a robot with no emotions or desires. I don’t even talk to anyone (except work) but only to my cat named Kimbap.

 

Sometimes I even considered waiting up in front of YG buildings with those teenager fangirls for him but obviously that’s a no.

 

One day, I was driving back to my home from work and I accidently opened the radio and a song came out. And it fitted me and the situation I’m in perfectly.

 

“ the reflection of me in the mirror looks so empty. 

After waking up from the dream of u, the reality morning feels so empty.

It has come to an end. My dear, where are u?

We have become just a memory."

 

Tears start to swell in my eyes. My world, it’s really empty. I wonder how did I live it so far. I’m really just an empty shell without him.

 

I went straight to bed that day, I didn’t even greet Kimbap that I’m home. I prayed to god to let me see him again, even if it’s only once.

 

The next day, I was at the cafeteria, eating quietly and Minho comes and sits at my table like he had been doing past few days. I don’t understand why he did that though, there are tons of hot girls lining up to eat lunch with him. Every guys like hot girls, don’t he? At first I was so bother that I even shooed him away. But man, he’s consistent and I’m not in the mood to talk much with anyone so I just let him be. At first, he talked a lot but I just nodded; so now, he just eats quietly like me too. May be it’s too embarrassing to always talking alone in the cafeteria which is packed with people. But he don’t ask why I’m acting this though. Although there’s only silence between us, we both don’t feel much uncomfortable. It feels like normal now.

 

Then out of blue, he talked. “Do u remember Krystal? We met at MAMA?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Well… this Saturday is her birthday, so she’s throwing a party and she asked me to invite u too.” He said while eating his noodles.

 

“Why?” I was curious. Although we greeted and talked several times back there, I don’t think our relationship is close enough to invite and attend each others’ bd party. And it didn’t look like she likes me that much too. I could tell.

 

“She told me to bring my friends too. I got confused and she recommended you and Jinwoo. She said she wanted to be friends with u guys since u guys were nice to her in Hong Kong.” I could bearly understand what he had said because he was chewing too many of his noodles, meat and talking at the same time. Me? Nice? To her? This is fishy.

 

I frowned; thinking of an answer for a mystery. Then one thought came to mind. That’s it! It’s all because of Jinwoo; she wanted to invite Jinwoo but she’s not close enough with him and since he’s Minho’s friend she used a reason like bringing friends to get him come. And wait, then why me too? Ah… may be it was too obvious and she was too embarrassed  to tell Minho to bring only Jinwoo over. 

 

Busted! My answer was obvious like her trick too. It’s no no.

 

“And I heard a lot of celebrities are going too.” He said before I could reject.

 

“I’m not interested” I really don’t.

 

“iKON is coming too. You like them right?” he arched an eyebrow innocently.

 

My heart raced at the mention of them.

 

“N-no! who says?” I responded too quickly by reflex; too surprised.

 

“I noticed u always watch them rehearse but u don’t even look at others idols do it. So I just assumed.” He shrugged innocently; finally done gulping down his noodle.

I’m stiffed at the spot. Why would he notice it? Were he watching me? Didn’t he have too much works to do back then? Whatever. Let’s think of a great explanation to erase his assumptions first. I was thinking and

 

“So are u coming? It will be fun.” he asked expectantly.

 

Oh right! If iKON’s coming, he’s coming right? If I go there, I will be able to meet him again? My world feels more livelier after that thought. This is the chance I’ve been praying for, I shouldn’t lose it. U-go-girl! Park Hyojin! Grab it.

 

“um…Ok. If u guys are insisting so much.” I answered remaining my coolness, hiding my excitement and nervousness.

 

“Cool!” he gave me his infamous super wide smile.

 

“Then see you, Director Song” I stood up of my table, bowed to him and left.

 

His smile fell a little. “Ok…Director Park.”

 

That night instead of going straight to bed like I used to other days, I stood in front of my body length mirror and looked at my reflection. I heard the party is going to be held in a really famous club of the town and lots of celebrity, including him, are going to come, I need to look good. no! I need to look stunning! But heol~ the reflection of me in the mirror crushes all of my hopes; my used-to-be-flat tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter