Interstellar Vault - Interactive Story
XSYKOTICA
INTERSTELLAR VAULT
INTERSTELLAR VAULT

 

Making plans to steal

 

Before I come up with a fool proof plan, take care of the dead carcass in the lavatory. I seriously want it removed from the holy grounds. Did I mention the bloody is on holy grounds?

"We heard you loud and clear... the first few hundred times."

Oh, I have no problem repeating myself a few hundred more... if that is what it takes.

Lingling... How about... you come up with a fool proof plan before we dispose the body? Can you do that? We would like to see you do that.

Really, Jaejae, love? Is this how you wish to play the game?

Absolutely. You may take up all the time you need. I insist.

"Hyung... you are setting yourself up. You know that, right? Don't you?" Junsu can already visualize the outcome of this particular 'game'... with Xinling coming out as the victor.

Fine. Listen carefully... both of you...

It takes Xinling sixty seconds flat to go through all the details of her plan. She has been scheming since hearing the news earlier this morning.

Yes. That confirms it. I was tricked into this marriage before I was even born.

"If I could pity them, I would. They will feel like complete idiots once they realize we've made off with the loot while they still be headbutting each other."

Crazy, wicked plan? Of course. Of course. And now... it is time to do some spring cleaning...

Junsu retraces his steps back to haul the dead body away. Upon entering the lavatory, he scans the room, making sure everything is there just the way he had left it. The dead body is still dead. Good. Good.

With a firm grip, Junsu drags the bloody thing from lavatory to bedroom... with a little, whirling automaton cleaner, shaped like a disk fish, following close behind. Pass living room. Pass trophy jars. Finally, to arrive at his minimalist bedroom. Once inside, the door shuts behind him, leaving the automaton on the other side, still busy whirling.

At the center of the room, he positions himself... with the dead body sprawled at his feet. "Are the nanos fully recharged?" He asks one of the three hundred and six voices in his head.

Eighty-six percent power, captain. Shall we deploy?

"How much power is required to navigate around the adjacent galaxy?"

Depending on the amount of space debris floating around between initial position and final position, twenty-two to thirty-three percent drainage.

"Then we should be fine." Junsu grants the pilot, Lee Junki, temporary control.

Coordinates 01-33-51, 30-39-36. Set.

Behind him, the temperature regulated bed hisses while sliding into the wall. Simple furniture within the room, like table and chair, melts into the floor and disappears without a trace. All four sides of his bedroom collapse inward towards him and the dead woman. It warps, grows hot, shaping itself into a sleek looking spacecraft. 

Directly beneath him, a lump rises, molding to the shape of his body. Junsu sits into the new comfy seat and relaxes. Usually, another lump would form under his feet. But, since the woman is in the way, he will have to make do with her dead body as a temporary foot rest.

Gradually, the air in the newly formed vehicle cools down, returning to an agreeable temperature.

To shape shift stationary sanctuaries into superior spaceships, it is, by far, one of the most prized technology in his possession. Furthering research in nanotechnology has given him the incredible edge he needs to avoid capture and stay alive. He could not have accomplished such a massive leap in technological advancement without the collaboration  efforts of  Lee Junki, the pilot, and one hundred and seventy-seven other remarkable intellects in his head. Their efficient teamwork is unmatched.

Now... where does he even get the funds for a few hundred trillion machines the size of human cells?

Remember the problematic, married couple, Kim Jaejoong and Wang Xinling? Yeah. They are the solution to most of his financial troubles.

Most...

 

Reminder: Do not use the default  next >>  or  << previous  buttons. Use  continue >>  or  one of the choices given  above this line at the end of each segment. Keep track of your story path by bookmarking where you leave off. Subscribers will be notified when new story paths appear on their bookmarked page. All story paths will be updated simultaneously.