Interstellar Vault - Interactive Story
XSYKOTICA
Interstellar Vault
Interstellar Vault

 

Proceed to the vault

 

Junsu unifies the palms of his hands, triggering an electrical signal reset in his body. To join nerve cells at a risky rapid rate, allowing him to pass through solid walls with relative ease. It is an ability only seen in partitioners of magic. Yet, it is not magic. Certainly not while a scientific explanation exist. To solidify. To liquify. In a matter of seconds.

Like magic.

Clearly it is a very useful skill for any top tier criminal of the universe. Clearly. As he possesses such a skill, it is of no surprise that he has become one of the best.

Once Junsu finds himself standing inside the vault, he relaxes his body... reconstructing every muscle, bone, organ, tissue, and ligament. The experience is refreshing, to say the very least. Purging his body of toxins is always a healthy thing.

Now... to quickly execute the task of counting. Soft blue lights lining the corners illuminate the stolen objects. His eyes shift systematically from one treasure to the next. Ancient artifacts, secret technologies, precious jewels. There is a definite order to their arrangement and presentation. A definite order that can only be fully appreciated by the collector herself.

Yes... the only collector worth mentioning by name. Wang Xinling... perhaps the most prominent figure of the century... that is, within the elite circles of her stealthy profession. Out of the three hundred and six personalities in his head, Wang Xinling is, by far, the most troublesome voice... with her husband, Kim Jaejoong, coming in at a close second.

"Rest assured. They are all damned here in their designated place, princess. Every last one of them."

Let me see... 

The woman is extra critical. She is difficult to please. Very difficult. It is a wonder she managed to maintain a human relationship. And yet, she finds herself a married woman of ten years... married to a man who seemingly has many, many regrets.

Something is not quite right about the Eyes of Isis. Its position... the angle... It is, without a doubt, off...

Off... by one quarter of a degree.

"Your wife noticed. So... you lose, hyung."

Damn... there is no limit to her crazies. 

Did you really think I wouldn't notice? All the things you do to annoy me. I know it all.

You say you know it all? Fine! Who made Junsu bury the number two pencil at three AM in the morning of his nineteenth winter?

Do you have to be so specific?

Ha! Got you, did I?

It does not matter how specific you are, Jaejae. The answer is painfully obvious.

Then why are you not giving me a straight answer, hmm?

Okay. The answer is Jiyong... that boy is a lunatic.

"Just give up now, hyung. She is way too overpowered."

Shush. I will win. One of these days... I will win. Mark my word. I have it. I have it! Answer this, Lingling. What is stored inside the 8th jar from the front archway?

An eight year old's right index finger.

No! Ha! You are wrong!

"No, hyung... she is right."

But... I am positive that I placed—

"She swapped it out when you were sleeping."

Yes, I did. Payback for messing with my precious treasures. Besides... it makes much more sense to have the eight year old's finger in the 8th jar.

Then... how about... how about that time when I bashed the security guard's brains in? What did I use?

You have bashed a few security guards in the head, dear...

The one sleeping in the gallery where you retrieved the Eyes of Isis?

Ah... that one. A green fire extinguisher.

Damn!

And in that way, Junsu spends the rest of his night... locked up in the vault... with the crazy, little voices in his head. 

 

Continue >>

 

< Start Over

 

 

 

Reminder: Do not use the default  next >>  or  << previous  buttons. Use  continue >>  or  one of the choices given  above this line at the end of each segment. Keep track of your story path by bookmarking where you leave off. Subscribers will be notified when new story paths appear on their bookmarked page. All story paths will be updated simultaneously.